Dr. Richard Marvel, MD

Dr. Richard Marvel, MD

Gynecology  |
Dr. Richard Marvel, MD is a gynecology doctor who practices in Annapolis, MD. He is 55 years old.

130 Lubrano Dr Ste 111

Annapolis, MD 21401

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Marvel

See how frequently Dr. Marvel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Pelvic Pain
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
high

Dr. Marvel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • West Virginia University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Hahnemann University

Dr. Marvel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marvel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marvel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marvel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marvel to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Marvel's Performance
    GOOD
I was referred to Dr.Marvel after seeing countless doctors for unexplained vaginal pain for months. The pain had become unbearable and no one could help. He immediately diagnosed me and I was so happy and hopeful. But then the meds were not helping and he was not happy about my concerns.He was rough with the exam and told me I needed a surgery. I ended up at Drexel and was acturately diagnosed with vulvodynia.Thank goodness I didn't get the surgery! A year later I got 2 bills saying I owe money!
Dr. Marvel presented as a compassionate man who understood my pain (as a pelvic pain specialist) and would work to find the best treatment possible. He told me "he lived out of the box" as far as treatment plans. I saw him three times. He gave me one round of pain meds to help me live a semi-normal life and then told me my only option was induced menopause....aka Lupron. My husband and I know this is a failed prostate drug after all of our research, but he dismissed. My suggestion: go to Dr. Im.
Windsor Mill, MD |
I was a patient of Dr. Marvel's for a number of years. I trusted him, as he was the first doctor I had who listened and trusted my description of pelvic pain. But I had a horrific, traumatic medical procedure at his hands that changed everything for me. I experienced great pain in this procedure and when I told him that I was in pain and NOT OK, he did not stop or acknowledge this. He could hear me sobbing, but did nothing. I cannot in good faith recommend him, despite his expertise.
in Aberdeen ,MD |
Dr Marvel is patient and caring. He deals with difficult to treat diagnosises, that can be overwhelming for the patient. He is very straightforward whe dealing with the patient. I feel lucky to have found him.
Glen Burnie, MD |
DO NOT SEE THIS MAN. "Doctor" Marvel is an abrasive, rude, condescending cretin who hides behind the "authority" of his doctorate. Exam lasted maybe five minutes. Had me meet him back in his office where he silently typed on the computer so long I got out my phone while I was waiting. Then proceeded to reprimand me on lifestyle habits I'm already working on changing. Never mentioning the exam or what he "found". I wish I had walked out within the first two minutes of our encounter.
in Baltimore, MD |
I've seen others write Dr. Marvel has given me my life back- which is funny because as I was thinking of my review, those were the exact words that came to mind. I spent 2 years struggling with symptoms that felt so severe, they had a serious impact on my mental health. My regular gyn could not help me- and I tried time and time again with multiple doctors. It wasn't until 2 years later that I went back to my regular gyn in an act of desperation. Luckily, this practitioner knew about Dr. Marve
Dr Marvel saw me and within ten minutes was able to diagnose me when I'd been dealing with the issue for nearly 8 years. Not only did he give me a diagnosis, he was able to identify my symptoms before I even told him! He truly is an expert in his field. Don't let these other reviews scare you, he's really fantastic. Ps-I am a recovery room nurse and my husband is a surgeon, I pretty much know what I'm talking about.
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Marvel totally lacks medical ethics. Despite his nice communication skills, the only thing he thinks about when seeing patients is MONEY! He charged me for an office visit twice more than 2 other doctors, whom I saw for the same symptoms. It's the first time in my experience that a doctor does not return patient's calls. Instead, his office assistant called me and said to schedule another appointment with the doctor, though all I needed was a referral for a test.His knowledge is doubtful too
Have you seen Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
Are you Dr. Marvel?