Dr. Richard Marvel, MD

Gynecology ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Marvel
130 Lubrano Dr Ste 111 Annapolis, MD 21401

Dr. Richard Marvel, MD is a gynecology specialist in Annapolis, MD. He graduated from West Virginia University and specializes in gynecology and pain management nursing.

Dr. Marvel accepts

Dr. Marvel accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Marvel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Marvel treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Endometriosis

Dr. Marvel treats Endometriosis more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Marvel treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Endometriosis

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

3.2

Dr. Marvel?
Dr. Marvel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Marvel, MD
I will not be back. Please believe the negative reviews. I left his office in tears. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever encountered and cannot provide a course of treatment for my condition. I have chronic pain and he told me to see a mental health therapist because my pain was in my head.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
He’s extremely rude and pushy for being a “down there” doctor. Rough, and doesn’t want to hear what you have to say. He lied about the medication he prescribed me, and when he talked to me about prescribing, he was extremely vague. Had a very terrible experience with him and issues not resolved or remotely fixed. Wasted so much time and money. I’m a tough person and I felt like I wanted to cry every time I left his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
I have had Dr. Marvel as my doctor for a couple of years. I was so glad to have been referred by my PT! He will give you the straight story of what is wrong and what he recommends. He spends the time necessary to listen to your story and medical issues and will answer any and all questions you have.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
I was a bit hesitant to go to Dr. Marvel because of the low google and health grade rating, but my regular OB/GYN recommended him and so did my physical therapist. He took the time to explain what he was going to do and what my condition was. I felt confident in his explanation, more so than other doctors that I've seen for my issue. He wasn't rude as some of the reviews says, but direct, which I appreciate. His examine was different from the other doctors that I'd been to, less routine which m
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
I was referred to Dr.Marvel after seeing countless doctors for unexplained vaginal pain for months. The pain had become unbearable and no one could help. He immediately diagnosed me and I was so happy and hopeful. But then the meds were not helping and he was not happy about my concerns.He was rough with the exam and told me I needed a surgery. I ended up at Drexel and was acturately diagnosed with vulvodynia.Thank goodness I didn't get the surgery! A year later I got 2 bills saying I owe money!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
Dr. Marvel presented as a compassionate man who understood my pain (as a pelvic pain specialist) and would work to find the best treatment possible. He told me "he lived out of the box" as far as treatment plans. I saw him three times. He gave me one round of pain meds to help me live a semi-normal life and then told me my only option was induced menopause....aka Lupron. My husband and I know this is a failed prostate drug after all of our research, but he dismissed. My suggestion: go to Dr. Im.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Marvel's for a number of years. I trusted him, as he was the first doctor I had who listened and trusted my description of pelvic pain. But I had a horrific, traumatic medical procedure at his hands that changed everything for me. I experienced great pain in this procedure and when I told him that I was in pain and NOT OK, he did not stop or acknowledge this. He could hear me sobbing, but did nothing. I cannot in good faith recommend him, despite his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
Dr Marvel is patient and caring. He deals with difficult to treat diagnosises, that can be overwhelming for the patient. He is very straightforward whe dealing with the patient. I feel lucky to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
DO NOT SEE THIS MAN. "Doctor" Marvel is an abrasive, rude, condescending cretin who hides behind the "authority" of his doctorate. Exam lasted maybe five minutes. Had me meet him back in his office where he silently typed on the computer so long I got out my phone while I was waiting. Then proceeded to reprimand me on lifestyle habits I'm already working on changing. Never mentioning the exam or what he "found". I wish I had walked out within the first two minutes of our encounter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
I've seen others write Dr. Marvel has given me my life back- which is funny because as I was thinking of my review, those were the exact words that came to mind. I spent 2 years struggling with symptoms that felt so severe, they had a serious impact on my mental health. My regular gyn could not help me- and I tried time and time again with multiple doctors. It wasn't until 2 years later that I went back to my regular gyn in an act of desperation. Luckily, this practitioner knew about Dr. Marve
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
Dr Marvel saw me and within ten minutes was able to diagnose me when I'd been dealing with the issue for nearly 8 years. Not only did he give me a diagnosis, he was able to identify my symptoms before I even told him! He truly is an expert in his field. Don't let these other reviews scare you, he's really fantastic. Ps-I am a recovery room nurse and my husband is a surgeon, I pretty much know what I'm talking about.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?
Dr. Marvel totally lacks medical ethics. Despite his nice communication skills, the only thing he thinks about when seeing patients is MONEY! He charged me for an office visit twice more than 2 other doctors, whom I saw for the same symptoms. It's the first time in my experience that a doctor does not return patient's calls. Instead, his office assistant called me and said to schedule another appointment with the doctor, though all I needed was a referral for a test.His knowledge is doubtful too
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Marvel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marvel?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Marvel treats patients.