Dr. Richard Lupton, MD

Pulmonology | Male

Frye Lung Center 915 Tate Blvd SE Ste 182 Hickory, NC 28602 Get Directions
Dr. Richard Lupton, MD
Dr. Richard Lupton, MD is a pulmonology doctor who practices in Hickory, NC. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Lupton is affiliated with Frye Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Lupton's Experience

See how Dr. Lupton's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lupton

Dr. Lupton accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Lupton is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lupton has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lupton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lupton to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Lupton's Performance
in Valdese, NC |
Dr. Lupton took care of my mother years ago when he was in Granite Falls. We were very upset when he moved and didn't take individual patients anymore. He was always professional and gave my mother 100% of his attention when she saw him. He always took his time and didn't rush her through as many if the other physicians did. Now he's back taking patients and we are elated! After going to other pulmonary specialists, it makes us appreciate a great physician as Dr. Lupton.
in Rutherford College, NC |
Dr. Lupton has been exceptionally supportive and caring. He has treated me not only as his patient but more so as a person with a serious disease. He listens to my concerns, is very compassionate., and I feel very fortunate to have him as my pulmonologist. I know that he will walk with me and comfort me as we take this journey together.
in Lenoir, NC |
He is one of the most caring doctors l have seen. I always fully understand my situation and my treatment when l leave his office he explains everthing he also is not afraid to send you for xrays and test if can't firgure whats going on if you ever need a pulmonary Doctor he is awesome
in Hickory, NC |
Lupton needs to get out of medical practice and take Frank McGuire with him. Neither are much of a doctor. I call both, Dr. gloom & doom. Why? Because they both missed my diagnose and I have heard the same from other former patients. There are other doctors with their specialty in this area. much more qualified.
in Hickory, NC |
This was my first visit with Dr. Lupton. He was very professional and thorough. I was really pleased that he wanted to address the problem I was having, and not tried to pass it off as just "allergies". Dr. Lupton didn't want to just treat the symptoms like my previous doctors had, but wanted to really find the appropriate diagnosis so that we can start proper treatment and even prevention. I am confident in Dr. Lupton's abilities and I absolutely trust and would recommend him to anyone.
in Newton, NC |
This Doctor does not know what he's talking about, he puts inaccurate information into a patient's medical records. He charges for this inaccuracy of information. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
in Hickory, NC |
Dr. Lupton is one of the most professional physicians I have had. He created an action plan for my allergies and asthma, and I have been able to manage my symptoms and keep them under control since I have been under his care. He is attentive during visits, and addresses all concerns effectively -personalizing my treatment for the most effective outcome. Dr. Lupton provided me the ability to breathe again and live comfortably, unlike various physicians prior to him. I would recommend him to all!
in Lenoir, NC |
Dr Luptons bedside manor is exceptional. He seems to really care about my mothers health and listens to everything she has concerns about. He has helped her health tremendously as she has been able to do more at home for herself than before seeing Dr Lupton.
in Lenoir, NC |
Dr. Lupton has really helped my mom very much !! Started going to him over a year ago . First my mom couldn't walk from one end of the house to the other and have to sit down and be out of breath !! Now after Dr Lupton and his associate got thru she is doing 100% better !! I would recommend them to everyone !! Great job and thanks !!
in Hickory, NC |
Lupton is the nearest thing to a quack doctor I have ever encountered.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Lupton, MD?
Are you Dr. Lupton?

Compare Dr. Lupton

Dr. Lupton says...

Asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis, Pneumonia, Interstitial Lung Disease, Pulmonary Vascular Disorders, Chronic cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, and others

Dr. Lupton says...

Bronchoscopy, Thoracentesis, Pulmonary Function Tests, Exercise tests, Central venous catheter placement, Arterial catheter placement, and others

Dr. Lupton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pulmonology
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Lupton has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lupton's Board Certifications

• Acute Pharyngitis
  • Alkalosis
  • Asbestosis
  • Bronchitis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Influenza (Flu)
  • Low Blood Oxygen Level
  • Lung Abscess
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Nodule
  • Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

George Washington University

Completed in 1990

Trinity College, Hartford, Cn

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Lupton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lupton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pulmonology