Dr. Richard Lou, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Lou

Akron Children's Hospital

214 W Bowery St Akron, OH 44308

Dr. Richard Lou, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Akron, OH and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med in 2005 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery, critical care medicine, and more.

Dr. Lou's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lou

Dr. Lou?
Dr. Lou's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Lou, MD
My son had surgery in March with Dr Lou and we couldn’t be happier with the results! Dr. Lou took his time to explain everything in detail and answer any questions we had. He even took the extra time to call and get our insurance to approve the surgery. I would defiantly recommend Dr Lou!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou was very helpful and professional through my entire procedure and recovery. He took the time to answer questions and explain anything that was needed. I highly recommend him as a surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Amazing Dr. in skill, and professionalism. He did a wonderful complex removal of our daughters birthmark, It was very intricate and difficult. Would def recommend the Dr. to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lou! He is a true professional- competent, skilled, thorough and trustworthy. He is attentive and focused and we feel confident our daughter had the best doctor for her surgical needs. He definitely went above and beyond to care for our child. We feel fortunate to have found Dr. Lou and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr Lou took care of my son after a sports injury. He was very thorough and took the time to make sure he explained everything and answered all of our questions. His work is impeccable and my son looks as if the injury never happened. He went the extra mile to make sure my son was happy with the outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
My experience with Dr. Lou was outstanding. Everything was explained throughly multiple times so I knew exactly what was going on. My family and friends were informed with how I was doing in my surgery multiple times. All my question were answered before surgery and all have been answered since. He has helped every step with the healing process and the line is always open to call for questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou performed an excision of a lesion on our daughters scalp. Dr. Lou is pleasant, polite, and takes his time to thoroughly address any questions or concerns that you may have. We highly recommend Dr. Lou and would gladly return for any future care of our children.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou surpassed our expectations, Very gentle and personable, explained procedures and what I was to expect as well concerning length of healing time. I would definately recomend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Complete professional. He treated my 11 year old daughter. She felt completely comfortable with him. Dr Lou removed a cyst on her face and the scar was nearly impossible to see even as soon as the bandages were removed. Excellent work! Highly recommend him and his staff at Akron Children’s Hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Very thorough throughout the process. Easy to reach and talk to. Very happy with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou is amazing!!! He never gives up on a patient. The most amazing Doctor my family has ever dealt with. Words cannot express how much we think of him. We know my brother is in good hands and he will do whatever it takes to see him healed. 5 stars are not enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou went above and beyond to help my son, even when in the middle of surgery he ran into some unexpected problems he tirelessly worked on for nearly 5 hours until my son was as good as new. Absolutely no sign of injury. Thank you again Dr. Lou.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr Lou put plates in my daughter's cheek bone and eye socket after an accident. We were scared and she had been thru quite a trauma. Dr Lou has great bed side manner and explained everything he was going to be doing to both my daughter and I in terms that we could understand. Our follow up care was the same. He spent a good deal of time with us making sure we didn't have additional questions or concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr Lou to anyone in need of plastic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou treated me and my son with great care. He took the time to explain the procedure in detail and answer all of our questions. He was also concerned with making sure he got my son's nose back to its original form. As a mother I was pleased with the level of care Dr. Lou provided.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr Lou is a fantastic surgeon and is very good with children. Made everything a lot easier for my family and my 5 year old going into surgery and all the follow up afterward.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou was amazing and I would recommend him to all my friends and family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou performed surgery on my daughter after she broke her nose. Even though it was a fairly minor procedure, my daughter was very nervous. Dr. Lou took the time to explain the procedure and answer all of her questions. He was friendly, professional and respectful throughout the whole process. He even took a picture of her nose right after the procedure so that my daughter could feel confident that the surgery was a success.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
It was great experience. He told us everything he did and what to expect and things went beter than we expected. SURGERY was earlier than scheduled, which made it more comfortable for my daughter. No wait time. I would definitely recommend him to anyone. Thank You, Moore Family. PATIENT: Jillian Moore
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
Dr. Lou did reconstructive surgery on my son's nose. Everything went well and Dr. Lou was very friendly and personable. He has wonderful "bedside manners" and works well with children. He seems to genuinely care about his patients. He made himself available to do my son's surgery as soon as possible and he explains things very well. I would highly recommend him! I wish he could be our doctor for everything. Just a cool guy who is friendly and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Lou, MD?
My grandson had a cyst removed from his eye. Dr Lou was incredibly kind, spoke with my son & his girlfriend then spoke to me when I had additional questions. He has a good bedside manner, he even remembered my questions before surgery and asked about them at the follow up appt. His decision of where to do the surgery will result in almost no scar. I am very impressed.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lou?

I believe in putting my patients first.  They are my priority, and I am fully dedicated to getting it right.  I'll do everything I can for them, and if I can't, will find someone who can.  I find great satisfaction in the bond that develops as there is no greater honor than to be allowed the privilege to serve another person.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med
Southern Methodist University
2005

Dr. Lou accepts

Dr. Lou accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Lou's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lou's Top Procedures and Conditions

Burn Injuries

Dr. Lou treats Burn Injuries more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Lou treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Chemical Burn

• Gynecomastia Repair
  • Hidradenitis
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrinkles

Akron Children's Hospital

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lou treats patients.