Dr. Richard Long, DO

Dr. Richard Long, DO

Family Medicine | Male | 66 years old

?I try to help people make themselves healthy, and where appropriate I love to get them off of their medication," Long says.Read more

STPN
201 Saint Ann Dr
Mandeville, LA 70471 Get Directions

Dr. Long's Experience

See how Dr. Long's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Long

Dr. Long accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Long has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Long
Dr. Long's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (29)
Dr. Long Says:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Healthgrades profile to share your opinion. I value your input. Hearing from patients like you helps me examine how I come across as a caregiver and physician. It helps me improve my interactions with patients and ultimately the patient experience in my office. Please contact my office manager at 985-626-1717 if you'd like to discuss your experience in more detail.

in Mandeville, La |
Dr Long is the best. Ever since I started using his services he has always been honest, up front, and extremely thorough. He always has something to say to put you at ease and brings humor into what is usually a stressful environment (Because NOBODY wants to go to a doctor). I can't imagine using any other doctor.
in Mandeville, LA |
I actually look forward to my visits to Dr. Long. He is always pleasant, easy to talk to, and informative.
Ponchatoula, LA |
Dr. Long listens to what you have to say and truly cares about you as an individual patient.
in Mandeville, LA |
My wife and I had to select a new PCP due to changes in our insurance. We ultimately made the selection to see Dr. Long. He made us feel very comfortable, did an extensive review of our health and we were thoroughly satisfied with our experience with Dr. Long and his staff. We Highly recommend Dr. Long
in Mandeville, LA |
He is great. Very honest.
in Madisonville, LA |
The best family doctor you could ever want. Been going to Dr. Long for years. Totally satisfied.
in Ponchatoula, LA |
Excellent bedside manner!!! Always makes me feel at ease to talk to him about anything. Always answers any questions I have. I never feel rushed, he takes his time and listened to everything that I say! He's an amazing Dr.
in Mandeville, La |
Dr Long answered our after hours call promptly on a Sunday and got us in on Monday despite a full schedule. He spent a lot of time with us and I was very pleased with the care my daughter received.
in Covington, LA |
Dr. Long listens first- and involves you in the diagnosis. How often can you say that about a doctor? Dr. Long doesn't just treat the symptoms and send you quickly on your way; he spends an appropriate amount of time and works to heal you as a whole. Doctors can't always fix us; Dr. Long is humble enough to say that- and then use the best practices he can to mitigate the symptoms. He also takes his medicinal skills to other countries that aren't as fortunate as we are- Amazing gentleman.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Long, DO?
Are you Dr. Long?

Compare Dr. Long

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Long at STPN

Dr. Long's Care Philosophy

Dr. Long says...

Dr. Long's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Long has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Long's Board Certifications

Selby General Hospital

Completed in 1985

University of Southern Mississippi

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Long does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Long and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)