Dr. Richard Levine, MD

Dr. Richard Levine, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Richard Levine, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Cliffside Park, NJ. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Read his story

Cliffside Laser Eye Center

• Group Health Cooperative
  • HealthFirst
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Levine

See how frequently Dr. Levine performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dry Eyes
Glaucoma Surgery
Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)

Dr. Levine's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Levine's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Levine "Dr. Levine is a board-certified eye specialist and surgeon who has advanced training in modern cataract surgery. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and the world-renowned Scheie Eye Institute. He is recognized in the region by his peers as an innovator in cataract surgery, and was among the first surgeons in the country to offer the revolutionary Multifocal lens. Dr. Levine’s professional qualifications include: Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology Diplomate, Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology Member, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Certification in LASIK Laser Vision Correction Featured Cataract Specialist, MDTV Medical News TV Network Named one of “America’s Top Doctors” by Consumer Health Magazine "

This content was provided by Dr. Levine "Dr. Levine and his staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for our patients.  Using the latest technology for vision correction in a warm, friendly office environment, we give patients at every age the chance to improve their eyesight, and get clear comfortable vision."

• Ophthalmology

• LASIK
  • Multifocal Contact Lens Treatment
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Framingam Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Scheie Eye Inst/U Penn
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Levine has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
  • American Board of Ophthalmology, Diplomate
  • American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Member

Dr. Levine's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levine to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Levine Says:

We strive to provide exceptional ophthalmologic care and create the best experience for our valued patients.  We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to improve your patient care experience.

Dr. Levine's Performance
in Englewood, NJ |
Dr. Levine saved me eye! I had a very serious corneal infection. Dr. Levine's office staff knew it was urgent and had me come in right away. Dr. Levine 'dropped everything' and saw me immediately. The infection was serious - he explained, and gave me eye drop samples (saved me $400) so I could start treatment right away. By two days later, the infection was cured. No corneal scarring. I felt lucky. I was lucky to find Dr. Levine. This is the doctor other doctors trust-now I know why!
in Palisades Park, NJ |
Wonderful doctor and wonderful office. Cannot recommend highly enough. I had cataract surgery recently with Doctor Levine. I felt the whole office put me at ease from the moment I walked in. Could not have been more professional or caring. He has the best equipment and technology in the office. My surgery took only about 15 minutes --- no pain at all. I was able to read the newspaper easily without glasses (I'd worn them for 40 years) within 2 days. Amazing. My eyes are perfect again!
in CRESSKILL |
Dr. Levine removed my cataracts and restored my vision which is now better than it has been since I was a teenager. My night vision has improved 1000% and I can read fine print without glasses. I can see whats on my dinner plate without glasses. His surgical staff is absolutely first rate --- I was terrified but they made it easy, comfortable and most importantly, a huge success. I love my new eyes!
in Alpine New Jersey |
Doctor Levin was nice to me but I had great surgery. Office ladys so nice to.
in Palisades Park, NJ |
I was a first time patient. The staff were incredibly nice, helpful and friendly but cannot say thr same abour Dr. Levine. He walked into the exam room, didn't introduce himself properly, made a demand of me and rushed me out like I had the plague. The arrogance and attitude, I can do without. He didn't even review my test results with me!! I had to ask about them. He wrote me a script and told me he doesn't see patients but every 2 years then shooed me away. Needless to say, I won't be back.
in West New York, N.J. |
I went to see Dr. Levine because I was having problems with my contact, I was using contact since I was 32, never I was diagnosed with cataracts. Went he toll me that my problem was because I had cataracts I was very surprise, and also said that I qualify for the Lent Implant. Two days ago I did my second surgery and I'm so happy no more glasses, my eyesight has been restored thanks to Dr. Levine, also I want to congratulate his office staff for been very professional, I'm very happy Thanks
in Fort Lee, NJ |
I listened to my friends and went to see Dr. Levine when I was diagnosed with cataracts and diabetes. My eyesight has been restored thanks to Dr. Levine. Actually, its better than its ever been. I no longer wear glasses at all. Dr. Levine also treated my dry eyes, and although they're not perfect yet, I'm so much more comfortable. Office staff is top-notch, and Dr. Levine is just the best.
in Fort Lee, NJ |
Superb doctor. Superb office. I have been to many doctors offices due to my chronic illnesses. By far, Dr. Levine's is the most organized, and best run. You feel like they really care --- which is a rarity these days. Dr. Levine expertly treated my glaucoma. I had been taking drops for 11 years, and now I'm completely off them, with better vision and comfortable eyes. Thanks Dr. Levine!
in Ridgefield, NJ |
I had a cataract operation with a multifocal lens this summer. Before surgery, my vision was horrible - had to stop driving and couldn't read my watch or newspaper. Dr. Levine did an AMAZING surgery. It took about 15 minutes, absolutely no pain, and I was reading again the next day WITHOUT GLASSES (I'd worn them since I was 12). His office is very busy, but the care is warm and personal. The whole process was so easy. I could not recommend Dr. Levine and his wonderful office highly enough!
in Paramus, NJ |
What a great doctor! What a great office! I cannot recommend Dr. Levine highly enough. I decided that I did not want to struggle with my glasses any more, and a friend recommended I see Dr. Levine because he is a specialist full-vision lens implants. I was VERY NERVOUS about having the surgery, but from the minute I walked in the door, I felt well-taken care of, and certain I had made the right decision. My surgery took about 15 minutes, zero pain, and was reading the NY Times a day later!
in Ridgefield, NJ |
Recent cataract surgery gave me back beautiful 20/20 vision!!! Thanks Dr. Levine. You are the best!!!!
in Englewood, NJ |
I had a basic eye exam here and all I can say is the term pompous was invented for this man. The rest of the staff is friendly enough although you can smell the aroma of fear and oppression in this office. I was rushed through here like a White Castle hamburger with little information and absolutely no sense of well-being. Rude.Hurried. Doesn't seem to like what he does.
in RIDGEFIELD, NJ |
Superb doctor with a very well-organized, attentive, and well-trained office staff. He really did a great job with my care, took great care with a difficult eye problem that two other doctors had missed. My vision is much better now than when I started treatment and I have Dr. Levine to thank. Go to his office. You will be very well cared for!
in Ridgefield, NJ |
I brought my mother to see Dr. Levine because she was nearly blind in one eye and a bunch of my friends have used Dr. Levine at his practice and had wonderful things to say. It was complicated, but after my mother had her cataract removed, and glaucoma treated, she had nearly perfect vision a week later after being almost totally blind. It was really miraculous! I give him and his excellent team my highest recommendation with no reservations!
in Teaneck, NJ |
Dr. Levine recently performed by Lasik procedure. To my amazement I was seeing 20-20 the next day. Clearly, he is highly skilled at corrective eye procedures and is also a genuine guy. I felt totally at ease with the whole process. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Levine to my family and friends. AT
in Saddle Brook, NJ |
When a fellow physician chooses a doctor, you can bet we do our homework. Dr. Levine is one of the very best in his field. The procedure he performed on me vastly improved the quality of my life. I no longer need reading glasses, and have perfect vision. Ronald J. Sollitto, DPM, MD, MPH
in New York, NY |
I have seen Dr Levine for routine eye exams as well as for elective procedures (Lasik) and emergency care. In every single case he (and his staff) is consistently competent, skilled, and exceedingly courteous, His attention to surgical detail, technical expertise, and consideration to my individual needs as a patient add up to much more than the Ivy League plaques that hang on his walls. I recommend him without reservation. As a fellow physician, I can say that Dr, Lecine is a doctors' doctor.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Levine is the most thorough doctor I have ever visited. I am an extremely nervous patient -- never relaxed at the doctor -- and Dr. Levine was gentle and accommodating, putting me at ease. I have terrible vision in my left eye, and dryness in both, and he suggested a regimen with drops and contact lenses that made my morning and evening routines far easier. Highly recommend him to prospective patients -- he is kind and very professional, as are the others on office staff.
in Fort Lee, NJ |
I can't have enough praise for Dr. Levine and his very professional staff. I had a serious infection in my eye that was not properly treated until I was examined by Dr. Levine. He took a lot of time to explain the problem, and even gave me samples of medication (which would have cost hundreds of dollars). My cornea infection cleared in couple of days, and now I;m thinking about having LASIK done by Dr. Levine. Could not recommend him highly enough!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Levine, MD?

Visit Dr. Levine

Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • MagnaCare
    MagnaCare PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health