Rheumatology  |
Dr. Richard Lautzenheiser, MD
Dr. Richard Lautzenheiser, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Indianapolis, IN. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 47 years. Dr. Lautzenheiser is affiliated with St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital.

8902 N Meridian St Ste 210

• HealthLink
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Lautzenheiser

Dr. Lautzenheiser's Experience

Dr. Lautzenheiser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Rheumatology

• Chronic Pain
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1970
  • Indianapolis Meth Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1971
  • Indianapolis Meth Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1972
  • University Cinn Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Lautzenheiser has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lautzenheiser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lautzenheiser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lautzenheiser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lautzenheiser to family and friends
Dr. Lautzenheiser's Performance
in Indianapolis, IN |
Doctor "L" has been treating my RA for over twenty years. Today I have no pain or stiffness most all of the time.He is patient with me and my wife (also a patient), He makes me feel as if I am the only patient he has to see that day. Not only is he my doctor but I consider him my friend..
in Westfield IN |
I can't say enough good about Dr. L. However, I don't want to spread the word because getting an appointment with him takes months. He is so kind and caring. One piece of advice to new patients... Don't be late!...He hates that.
I've been seeing Dr L for nearly 20 years. He's a great Dr
in Carmel, IN |
Dr. Lautzenheiser leaves you at ease as though you are the only patient he has that day. He is comprehensive in his approach to determining what is likely wrong with you and in developing the best plan to address your medical concerns and needs even it turns out you don't have a rheumatological reason for your pain. He comes across very knowledgeable, experienced and competent. I recommend him without reservation.
in Marion, IN |
Great experience every time I visit. All staff is very courteous. I never had to wait for my appointment time. They were ready for me. When I was a few minutes early one time, I was taken in early as well. Outstanding!!
in Carmel, IN |
Appointments are on time, staff is friendly and efficient, always a pleasure to see Dr. Lautzenheiser.
in Logansport, Indiana |
Dr. L, as everyone refers to him, is very caring, compassionate and understanding. He has been seeing me for over 25 years. If you think you have a condition that your GP isn't addressing regarding muscle weakness, cold hands and feet, arthritic stiffness, please call for a consultation. Dr. L will get to the bottom of your problems and treat you accordingly. Don't wait. The best decision I ever made.
in Edinburgh, IN |
Dr. Lautzenheiser has been my doctor for over 15 years. My disease, RA, was so limited and painful but after working with Dr. Lautzenheiser my life is back! I can do things now I was not able to do because of my disease. I was 23 years old the first time I saw Dr. L and I can't imaging what my life would have been like without him and his expertise on my RA.
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Lautzenheiser is thorough and professional and explains everything very well.
in Lafayette, IN |
Dr Lautzenheizer has helped me so much with my arthritic symptoms. He has a great bedside manner and one feels greatly encouraged when leaving his office. I would highly recommend seeing a rheumatologist early if one has any symptoms.
in Logansport, IN |
Dr Lautzenheiser is one of the kindest ,compassionate drs with incredible knowledge base. He has keep me on my feet for years. All through my sons years at Rose Human, both of my parents lengthy illnesses. I live two hours away. I would not go to anybody else. I recommended him to all my friends and acquaintances. They are equally pleased with him. Now they also refer people to him. I feel real blessed to have him for my Dr. It takes awhile to get in.
Zionsville, IN |
Dr. Lautzenheiser is a very competent physician. I feel I am receiving excellent care under his direction. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Lautzenheiser is exceptional. Always attentive, thorough, exceptionally knowledgeable and experienced, on-time and with the right answer and an effective treatment. Also a very nice person to talk with. I recommended Dr. L to a fellow about my age several years ago. I bumped into that fellow last week, and learned that he continues to be treated by Dr. L and remains very grateful for my recommendation. Enough said!
in Greensburg, IN |
Having been a patient of Dr. L for 27+ years, I cannot put into words what a kind, sensitive and incredibly smart doctor he is. I have recommended him to several friends and acquaintances, and not one has been disappointed ever. Recently I had an urgent situation and was worked into a busy schedule quite readily and given quite a bit of compassionate as well as thorough care. Can't say enough about this Dr. or this practice. THE BEST Office stays pretty close to scheduled times also.
Fishers, IN |
I have enjoyed my years of coming to see Dr L. He is very professional and has a good sense of humor. Sometimes I wish he was more aggressive in my treatment but he is the doctor and I trust him to know what is best
in Kokomo, IN |
Dr. Richard Lautzenheiser is an awesome doctor. I have doctored with him since the early 1980. The office runs smooth with hardly any wait time.
in Mc Cordsville, IN |
Since being recommended to see a rheumatologist for my osteoarthritis in 2011, I have been very pleased with Dr. Lautzenheiser's suggestions. I am able to manage my symptoms better than I was before seeing him.
in Clayton, IN |
I have been seeing Dr L for 40 years. We grew up together. I wouldn't be doing as well as I am if it hadn't been for Dr L. He's a caring and wonderful doctor.
Noblesville, IN |
Dr. Lautzenheiser listened to my problems, and has helped me with multiple problems. I would definitely recommend him to friends.
in Kokomo |
The most careing efficient dr and takes time to make sure you are satisfied with your care
in Indianapolis, IN |
I've been seeing Dr. Lautzenheiser for several years. I feel that he really listens and is thorough with his patients.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Lautzenheiser, MD?
Are you Dr. Lautzenheiser?

Visit Dr. Lautzenheiser