Dr. Richard Kuritzkes, MD

Dr. Richard Kuritzkes, MD

Gastroenterology  |

Dr. Richard Kuritzkes, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Burbank, CA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Kuritzkes is affiliated with Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center.

Digestive Health Consultants

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Kuritzkes

Dr. Kuritzkes' Experience

Dr. Kuritzkes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for California.

• New York University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kuritzkes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kuritzkes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuritzkes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Kuritzkes is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Kuritzkes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuritzkes to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Kuritzkes' Performance
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes was very kind and explained everything and made sure I fully understood my procedure.
Thank you so much for your kind comments; these messages warm the doctor's and staff's hearts. We are glad your time with us at the office was pleasant and your expectations were met. Good health to you!
in Frazier Park, Ca |
At age 73 I have interacted with many doctors, and I found Dr, Kuritzkes to be one of the best...I was referred to him for a colonoscopy procedure...He was both knowledgeable and friendly during my office visit....And he and his excellent surgical staff made the procedure itself very comfortable...Dr. Kuritzkes met with me in the recovery room and explained his findings... and later called me personally with follow-up information...He has definitely earned my appreciation and respect.
Thank you so much for your kind comments; these messages warm the doctor's and staff's hearts. The doctor takes pride in caring for each patient in the highest quality manner. We are glad your time with us at the office was pleasant and your expectations were met. Good health to you!
in Glendale, CA |
My experience with Dr. Kuritzkes and his staff was over all positive and supportive. It experienced a friendly and professional services from consultation to the day of the procedure. The only thing I would say that the material that supply me with describing what I can consume during the cleansing process differed that of the product I used. I had strawberry jello and beef broth early in the evening which was not recommend by the the cleansing product. But that staff talked me of the ledge.
Thank you for the high star rating and kind comment. Thank you for clearly describing your experience. It is so beneficial to others looking for the right GI doctor. Dr. Kuritzkes takes pride in caring for each patient in the highest quality manner. We hope your experience with our doctors were all that you expected. Have a great day!
in Van Nuys, CA |
I had a colonoscopy done with Dr. Richard A. Kuritzkes I would say that my experience with him was the best because he made me feel completely comfortable with the whole procedure. After I was done I felt great. He is a wonderful doctor and I recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Dear Gloria, thank you for such a kind comment. Dr K. is thrilled that you had a wonder experience at the office. We hope you have a great day.
in Glendale, CA |
This was my first time with Dr. Kuritzkes, and I was impressed with the level of service. The staff was pleasant and helpful when I went for my initial visit. Dr. Kuritzkes took the time to explain the procedure and answer all my questions, never once rushing. When I went for my procedure, i was taken in as soon as I arrived. Everyone was kind and informative, made me feel very comfortable. Overall a very good experience. Thank you to Dr. Kuritzkes and his wonderful staff.
We appreciate the honest review. We are honored and pleasured to be your GI doctor of choice. Hope to see you soon. Have a good day!
in Los Angeles, CA |
WOW!! What A GREAT DOCTOR! I went to see Dr. Kuritzkes last week and what a wonderful doctor's office! The office was immaculate and all of the staff were very helpful. Dr "K" is absolutely wonderful! I drove from Santa Clarita to Burbank to see him at this office. (He has other offices but this worked best for me). So happy I found a great doctor. Beverly Hills S.
We appreciate your kind comment. Dr.K. takes pride in caring for each patient in the highest quality manner. We hope to see you soon. Good Health to you!
This is the second time in 5 years that I have seen Dr. Kuritzkes. Both times were for the purpose of getting a colonoscopy. Both times he sat down with me as if I was the only person he needed to see that day. He was funny, charming, discussed my current health at length, very clear on my forthcoming procedure and what it entails. My husband has seen him several times over the years and feels the same way. I would HIGHLY recommend him. His office staff was professional and friendly.?
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes and his team are thorough professionals. I went in for a colonoscopy which for me is somewhat unfamiliar and uncomfortable. Both at the office and at the surgical center he and his staff were welcoming and explained in plain term what was happening. It felt like real and genuine care; I can not recommend Dr. Kuritzkes more highly.
Sylmar, CA |
My Experience with Doctor Kuritzkes was very good.
in Burbank, CA |
The best doctor.. very professional . Staff are all friendly and helpful. Highly recommended. love DR. K
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes was great! Very kind and courteous.
in Burbank, CA |
I am a 60 yo woman and just had my fourth colonoscopy. Dr Kuritzkes procedure was certainly the best of them. The whole process was a smooth experience. No endless waiting around either dressed or undressed , and they finish at the time they say so your ride isn't waiting forever.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
I really appreciate the professionalism of Dr. Kuritzkes and his team. The process for my colonoscopy was seamless and pain-free. Every detail was handled in a first rate manner and would recommend any of my friends and family see Dr. Kuritzkes for their future Gastroenterology needs.
in Burbank, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes was very thorough in checking out my symptoms and accurate in his diagnosis and considerate of my care.
in Sacramento, CA |
This was my first time seeing Dr K. I was impressed with his unhurried demeanor. He made sure that my questions and concerns about the upcoming procedure were addressed. The preparation and procedure happened just as he explained. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
in Castaic, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes is one of the nicest doctors that I have had! Believe me I have had many and he is by far the best. He is very kind and speaks to you like a friend/doctor. Also, when you have a procedure, there is music playing and the nurses a very upbeat and fun so it makes your anxiety go away and before you know it, you're done! After recovery, Dr. Kuritzkes comes in with the results, which I find is awesome so you can go home knowing that your okay. His entire staff are wonderful as well.
Los Angeles, CA |
I met with Dr. Kuritzkes for the first time and he seemed very apathetic to my problems. I tried to stress my concerns about not being able to eat and he brushed me off until I told him I've lost more than 10 pounds in a month (I'm a thin petite woman so this is significant weight loss for me. My coworkers were even concerned). During our FIVE MINUTE visit, another patient walked into the examination room. Overall, I felt violated and disregarded during my visit.
in North hollywood ca |
My wife and i have always been happy with Dr. Kuritzkes. His been our doctor for over 15 years. Always carring and professional. I would never even consider seeing another doctor. Thank you Dr. Kuritzkes for everything you have done for me and my wife. We are very grateful.
in Tujunga, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes is one of those all-too-rare health providers these days who actually gives a crap about their patient. We're not just "get 'em in, get 'em out, and bill" mill products to Dr. Kuritzkes. I feel like Dr. Kuritzkes is taking care of me. "Isn't that what all doctors are supposed to do?" You would think so, but these days it just isn't true any more. So, if you want to feel like you're being taken care of and not just some words in a chart, then Dr. Kuritzes is for you.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Dr. Kuritzkes is everything you want in a doctor. He is brilliant, kind, patient and caring.
Pasadena, CA |
I cannot recommend Dr. Kuritzkes highly enough. He is thorough, professional, relates to patients on a one-on-one and friendly basis.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
Most of the colonoscopies Dr. Kuritzkes has performed for us were done in Santa Clarita. The Dr. was friendly, listened to our questions, and put us at ease with his explanations. His staff was equally warm and helpful. Yes, I would recommend him to my friends. Barbara S.
in Tujunga, CA |
Dr Kuritzkes was kind and understanding. He makes you feel very comfortable in what is a uncomfortable procedure. He listens and takes the worry out of the colonoscopy. And he and his staff take care of all your concerns from anesthesia to insurance billing. Thank you Dr. Kuritzkes for caring about your patients.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I had an initial exam/consultation with Dr. Kuritzkes. He asked a few questions, ignored the information I filled out on my forms & spoke to me in a very condescending tone. When I asked questions, he interrupted me, brushed them off & spoke to me like I was 10 (I'm almost 30). He didn't take the time to hear my concerns or my history, he didn't actually examine me & it was very obvious that he did not take my pain or my condition seriously. I was absolutely mortified. Never again.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
I am currently having a crohn's flare up and need to get in to see the Dr. When I called to get in I was told that he would not be able to see me until February due to a full schedule. When I explained I having an issue NOW it was recommended to me to find another Dr with a more open schedule. So much for having a relationship?! Dr. K is a great but the staff leave something to be desired. If you can wait 6-8 weeks for an appointment you will be in good hands.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Kuritzkes, MD?

Visit Dr. Kuritzkes

Burbank, CA 91505
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
23845 McBean Pkwy
Valencia, CA 91355

More Gastroenterology Specialists like Dr. Kuritzkes at Digestive Health Consultants