Dr. Richard Kimmel, DO

Dr. Richard Kimmel, DO

Vascular Surgery  ·
Dr. Richard Kimmel, DO is a vascular surgery specialist in Boca Raton, FL and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1984 and specializes in vascular surgery.Read his story

1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 215

Boca Raton, FL 33496

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Kimmel

See how frequently Dr. Kimmel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Venous Insufficiency
Varicose Veins
high
Vascular Disease

Dr. Kimmel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kimmel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kimmel "Dr. Kimmel served as the President of The American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS) in 2013 - 2014. The ACOS is committed to assuring excellence in osteopathic surgical care through education, advocacy, leadership development, and the fostering of professional and personal relationships. In addition, he remains actively involved, both locally and nationally, in promoting better healthcare policies and practices through the ACOS, FOMA and the AOA. Dr. Kimmel has held previous positions with the ACOS including president-elect (2012 - 2013), Cardiothoracic-Vascular Discipline Chair (2004 - 2006) and ACA Program Chair (1999, 2000). In addition, Dr. Kimmel has been a member of the Board of Governors since 2006. Dr. Kimmel is a Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians, a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, a Clinical Investigator with the NIH, an Affiliate Member of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center of the University of South Florida, and an Assistant Clinical Instructor in Surgery at the Nova-Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Davie, Florida. A graduate of The Lawrenceville School, Emory University and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr Kimmel has maintained his Thoracic and Vascular Surgical practice in Boca Raton since 1991. His credentials and experience have made The Kimmel Institute a designated training center for other physicians and staff in the use of the Dornier Laser System for vein treatment. He and his exceptional staff provide the highest level of vein treatment knowledge, training, care and surgical experience available to the patients of South Florida."

This content was provided by Dr. Kimmel "Experience the difference at The Kimmel Institute, where we specialize in Laser, Vein and Aesthetic Care.  We treat patients as if they were in a boutique practice, yet we have extensive experience in the management of vascular disease.

Patients love the individualized care and personal attention that our wonderful staff provides.  We treat you with respect and we deliver the highest quality treatment in South Florida.

Call The Kimmel Institute now so that you, too, can Experience the difference.

561-477-0210"

• Botsford General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Deborah Heart And Lung Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Kimmel has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Kimmel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kimmel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kimmel's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kimmel to family and friends

Dr. Kimmel's Performance

Not so great, problems afterwards..."not my fault..."
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

We're sorry that you feel that you had problems after your treatment, but I cannot remember telling a patient that it's "not my fault". Perhaps if you got in touch with us to let us know more details about your specific issues, we could make further suggestions. Some patients heal faster than others, however the overwhelming majority of patients treated at the Kimmel Instititue have been very happy with their results.

I had been sick for months. Had seen more doctors and taken more tests than i had ever wanted to in my life. I walked into Dr kimmel's office and he knew just by looking at me what was wrong. I was in surgery a few days later and can honestly say the Dr kimmel saved my life. Dr kimmel is a great...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for that kind praise. I have always tried to do the right thing for my patients, whether it was when I performed life-saving surgery, or my current elective vein procedures. I have taken the responsibility of providing excellent care with individualized attention to optimize each patient's experience. Our staff are all professional and highly accomplished, yet still maintain this same philosophy of care. That is why we stick by our work ethic of EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE.

Prior to getting the vein removal procedure done,we discussed during the consultation how one vile(2cc)would be $325.This would be enough to use on two small areas of both legs,as they told me,for a few very small and shallow spider veins.Over half way into the left leg, they asked me where I would...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for taking the time to review our office.We know that your time is valuable and we appreciate the opportunity to improve. We always give our best recommendation for treatment and estimate what costs will be out of pocket. The majority of our patients are thrilled with their results and the care we provide. We encourage anyone to review several different sites such as VITALS.COM, or come in for a free screening. You will find out why so many patients, trust only us for their treatments.

I highly recommend Dr Kimmel. His office staff were very friendly and helpful. Making an appointment was easy. I did not have to wait to see the doctor. The procedure I had took two days and I felt it was very professional and was made as pleasant as possible. I feel that I made the correct...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for that kind praise. I have always tried to do the right thing for my patients, whether it was when I performed life-saving surgery, or my current elective vein procedures. That is why we stick by our work ethic of EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE. I am very pleased to hear your expericence at The Kimmel Institute.

Never recommend...office staff is rude and extremely inappropriate...Dr. Kimmel is a money monger...bleeds patient and insurance for worthless visits. The doctor is too good to meet the patient directly but uses ancillary staff to perform tests for which he should be present to answer patient...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

The majority of our patients are thrilled with their results . We encourage anyone to review several different sites such as VITALS.COM, or come in for a free screening. You will find out why so many patients, trust only us for their treatments. It is astonishing to read about our staff, who I am told at least weekly, are the best office staff patients have ever worked with! While we do not tolerate rude and inappropriate patients, our ethical standards are beyond reproach.