Dr. Richard Kim, MD

Dr. Richard Kim, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
52 reviews

Dr. Richard Kim, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Maywood, NJ. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Kim is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center....See Less

Richard Kim, M.D. LLC

113 W Essex St

Maywood, NJ 07607

• Medicare
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Kim

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Kim's Experience

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Plastic Surgery*

• Congenital Hand Anomaly
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Brown University / Alpert Medical School

• Brown University Medical School Resident Teaching Award, 2002
  • Arthroscopic TFCC Debridement, 2007
  • Internal Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures, 2007
  • Scapholunate Instability, 2007

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kim's Performance
Little Ferry, NJ |
Great doctor! Wonderful bedside manner.
in totowa, nj |
Dr. Kim Rocks as a Surgeon! I had 2 separate surgeries, neither of them can you even see a scar! If I can give Dr. Kim 10 Stars I would! I recently saw him for a trigger finger, I was scared to Death of getting an inj in my finger I waited till I couldn't bare the pain anymore, Dr kim assured me that it won't hurt, he was RIGHT, his technique was amazing and I left his office happy! FYI: DR KIM OPENED UP HIS OWN PRACTICE & HAS A NEW AMAZING STAFF WHO ANSWERS THE PHONES AND RETURNS CALLS!
in Saddle Brook NJ |
Doctor Kim is an excellent Doctor. He repaired the Carpal Tunnel in my left hand.. The day before my operation, he called me to see if I had any questions about the procedure. That was the first time I had a Doctor care so much to take the time from his busy schedule to do that. He also called me after the procedure to see how I was feeling. He is one of the most caring Doctor's I have.
in Nanuet, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kim to anyone. My ten year old daughter went in to have a fatty cyst removed from her cheek. From the first time we met Dr. Kim he put us at ease and answered all of our questions. By the time my daughter went back for her Post-Op visit two weeks after surgery, the incision was barely noticeable. Dr. Kim was professional, talented and a genuinely nice person. I can't say enough great things about him.
in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey |
Dr. Kim is an exceptional doctor; my experience with him and his staff has been outstanding. He is an excellent surgeon, God Bless his hands! I would highly recommend him he is a brilliant man.
in Maywood, NJ |
Dr. Kim is a great doctor. He was patient, professional, and he gave me the impression that he knew when he was doing at every phase of my surgery. His staff has been very helpful with my after surgery care. I highly recommend him!
in north bergen |
My experience was excellent, both the physician and the staff who greeted me in his office and during surgery, the doctor explained to me all the consequences and the procedure and what I had. During surgery he was pending at all times if he felt pain. It is thorough and pays attention to detail.
in wood-ridge, nj 07075 |
I liked dr. Kim. I went to him last year for X-rays. They never called me back. When I called them, twice, I never received a call back from them. Very unprofessional. Dr Kim, may not even realize what's going on with the front desk. Whatever happened to a follow up ?. I paid for my first visit, which was a total waste of time. Never got anything for it. I have now switched to another doctor. It's a shame I liked dr Kim. I hope, since the last time I was there, the office staff is better.
Hello Elizabeth, I sincerely apologize for the lack of office communication. Unfortunately, I am employed by the hospital until the end of this year and cannot control the office setup until next year. Feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any help to you, my contact info can be found on my website: www.richardkimmd.com
in Hackensack NJ |
I would not recommend Dr. Kim because of all the not professional staff he has. It took me almost two months to get an appointment. I asked the secretary if he takes my insurance she said, "yes" I gave all the information, my appointment was set. Then, I went in person to make sure the insurance was good. I put my husband in the waiting list because he was in pain and his appointment was too far. A day before the appoint. his nasty secretary called me to cancel his appointment due to insurance.
Hello Luz, I apologize for the insurance and scheduling frustrations. I currently have very little control over insurance questions / scheduling because I am employed by the hospital until the end of this year, and they control all insurance issues. Feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any help to your or your husband, contact info can be found on my website: www.richardkimmd.com
in Paramus, NJ |
All My Experience with Dr. Kim has always been very pleasant. He is an extremely knowledgeable hand surgeon and I am very happy with the results of my surgery.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Spent exactly 4 minutes looking at and taking an X-ray. Didn't even remove the bandages to look at the injury. Didn't ask how I got hurt. Recommended a ct scan and left. Never saw him again. Didn't fix my wrist and I ended up going to another dr. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend.
Hello, you came in within 5 days after your injury (all of the details are in your chart). In your case, which was a non displaced fracture, I typically don't remove splints before a week in order to limit the risk of displacing it (unless there is a good reason, eg-open wound). I apologize if your visit seemed rushed, but we went over your history, reviewed your films, took new fluoroscopy images, orders a CT, and walked together across the hall to get the CT rx, which took more than 4 min.
in LODI, N.J. |
The young Doctor seems very well trained and very efficient. I feel comfortable under his care. He gives injections with the most precise care. If there is a negative I would say a lack of understanding the elderly.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Kim, MD?

Visit Dr. Kim