Dr. Richard Kim, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 48

Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Richard Kim, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Maywood, NJ. He is affiliated with Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Richard Kim, MD

Richard Kim MD, LLC

113 W Essex St Maywood, NJ 07607 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical Center Hackensack, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

Dr. Kim treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Kim treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Kim treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Tendon Repair
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Kim accepts

Dr. Kim accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
QualCare PPO

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim

If you are looking for a great hand specialist/surgeon look no further. Dr. Kim is honest, sincere, has great bed side manner (according to my mom) and most importantly delivers great results. See, I am a hand therapist and I see patients after Dr's do their jobs and need rehab. Dr. Kim's patients that I have seen DONT need much therapy, which sucks for my business, but shows how good he is. All his patients talk so highly of him. His skill and personality stands out to everyone I spoke with. So, when my mother broke her wrist, naturally I wanted her to see the best. She needed surgery and Dr. Kim did a great job even though it was not as simple break . After few months of therapy she has full function in her hand and could not be more happy with the results and the experience. Thank you Dr. Kim!!
Marta Profis – May 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr Kim is an excellent surgeon who is kind and caring. He thoroughly explains treatment options and procedures . Several members of my family have been treated and operated on by Dr Kim- with excellent results. I cannot say enough how awesome Dr Kim is. His staff is professional, pleasant and helpful in making appointments, arranging surgeries and with insurance issues. I would highly recommend Dr Kim
Feb 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
I fractured my wrist I several places and after Dr. Kim’s surgery I am amazed that my wrist is like I never broke it. Him and his entire office staff were very courteous and he did an excellent job of communicating the extent of my injury and what he was going to do.
Gayle Thornton – Feb 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Kim who reconstructed the nail bed on one of my fingers following Mohs surgery to remove a squamous cell carcinoma. He was extremely thorough in explaining the procedure before and during the surgery. He and his staff are very professional, courteous, and helpful. Dr. Kim's expertise and compassionate care made me feel at ease. He consistently took the time to answer questions and he concluded every visit with the understanding that he was always available should I have additional questions or concerns. I cannot express how highly I regard Dr. Kim. Besides being an accomplished surgeon with excellent credentials, he is one of the nicest doctors I have ever met.
Amy Bria – Feb 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
As a result of a bicycle accident, I broke my thumb. Dr. Kim was very thorough and presented me with several options. I decided to go with surgery, followed up by occupational PT. The surgery was a success, and I now have full use of my thumb. Dr. Kim listened to my concerns and was terrific. Appointment times were adhered to, and there was virtually no wait. If I should every have another hand issue, I would not hesitate going to Dr. Kim to treat it.
Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is the ultimate professional. He takes the time to explain every step of the process, ready to answer questions and encourages communication. In short, outstanding bedside manners with empathy to the patients. Needless to say, that he is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Kim is top class, I will most certainly recommend him.
Jan 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim is a true professional and cares about his patients. He takes the time to explain what he feels is wrong. He calls the night before a procedure to make sure you're at ease and will answer any last minute questions you may have as well as follows up with you that night after surgery. He is the best!!!
Susan Renna – Dec 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr Kim is an excellent surgeon.Had two surgeries for two severed tendons and two nerves with no anesthesia. I did not have any pain during and after the surgery. He is comprehensive, attentive and he puts your mind at ease. He explains everything and always asks if there are any questions. He has an efficient staff. I would recommend him to family and friends
Rick Donovan – Sep 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
There's nothing else to say apart from Dr Kim is absolutely top class and I highly recommend. I had a complicated distal fracture of my wrist from a snowboarding accident in March 2021 that required surgery. I found Dr. Kim online through my health insurance portal and I'm so glad I did. His office staff are polite, professional and promt - finding me an appointemnt right away. From the monent you speak with Dr. Kim you just know he's an exceptionally smart, highly experienced, professional doctor who will absiolutely provide you with the best advice and quality of care. Excellent bedside manner all through my initial consultation (where he got straight to the nub of the injury and treatment options), surgery at Hackensack HMU (which was arranged in a matter of days after the accident), and subsequent checkups. A few months of rehab later and I'm good to go and get back onto the slopes. Thank Dr. Kim and team for fixing me up!!
Tom Scoffin – Aug 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Excellent specialist! I had a carpal tunnel surgery under local anesthesia , it is a way to go. No pain during surgery, almost no pain after surgery. Fingers moving well no therapy need it! I wish all doctors be like him! Inessa Levitan from Fair lawn
Inessa Levitan – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Absolutely would and did recommend family and friends!!! What an amazing doctor. Very confident in what he does. My finger is back and recovered, good as new. Thank you!!!
Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr Kim is great, comprehensive, very professional, very punctual with the appointments, the office staff is very accommodating to do the procedures and they work with you all the way.
Nestor – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim was outstanding in helping my teenager who broke his finger playing football. During our first visit, Dr. Kim was able to examine, x-ray and diagnose my son's injury and present us with alternatives (therapy/surgery) all in one office visit. We chose to have surgery and it was performed in the surgery center on the bottom floor of the building where his office is located, which made things very convenient and timely. Post-surgery, Dr. Kim advised on occupational therapy for my son and after a few months, my son's finger has healed and ready for basketball season. Thank you again Dr. Kim for your kindness, thoughtful demeanor, and swift treatment!
Jan 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
My experience with Dr Kim’s care has been an A+. Right from the start, he educated me about my trigger finger and carpal tunnel hand problems. He politely listened to my questions and concerns. He provided me with an immediate pain relieving treatment, and the likely course of my condition. He sent me for nerve test to confirm the diagnosis. After the third pain management treatment, I asked for surgery with local anesthesia which was a wonderful success. My follow up visits have been informative and therapeutic. Dr. Kim and his staff have provided me with caring professional care despite the difficulties of COVID19 health protocols. SB, 10/6/2020
Sara Baquero – Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim was very kind and understanding. He explained exactly what the problem was with my son’s wrist and answered all my questions. We never felt rushed in our appointments. His front office was always reachable and helpful.
Lisa Rodriguez – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
Dr. Kim and his staff provided excellent care for my 14 year old son who broke his wrist during a soccer game. It was a growth plate break and Dr. Kim put together a plan that did not require surgery and had him back into training in about 6 weeks.
Great Care for a broken wrist – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Kim since February 2019 and he is one of the best doctors I have. Very informative and friendly, he doesn't talk down to you like other doctors do. The staff is very helpful and friendly as well. I would definitely recommend him to anybody that needs help with their wrist and hand.
Michael Scerbo – Sep 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
I found Dr. Kim to be both professional and personable. He made sure I understood the procedure and answered any questions I had. His staff in the office and during surgery were excellent.
Jan S. – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
I broke my wrist in a biking accident and went to Dr. Kim for an examination. Surprisingly, he didn't immediately recommend surgery. He said he would like to avoid surgery, if possible! Instead, he sent me first for X-ray and then CT imagining, which did eventually reveal the need for surgery. Throughout this process, I never felt that Dr. Kim was in a rush to move on to the next patient. I even felt a little bad taking up so much of his time asking questions, all of which he answered in detail. The surgery itself went very smoothly. I soon learned from several of the people I met at occupational therapy that my experience wasn't true for everyone. I felt lucky to have had my surgery performed by a doctor who is so skilled and attentive. I highly recommend Dr. Kim.
Joel Carino – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Kim, especially how he took time to answer my questions and was able to explain the issue with my wrist in a way that was easy to understand. From start to finish he and his staff were professional and down to earth.
Steven – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Kim, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kim?