Dr. Richard Y. Kim, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
46 reviews

• Medicare
  • QualCare

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.Read more

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Kim's Performance
in Maywood, NJ |
Dr. Kim is a great doctor. He was patient, professional, and he gave me the impression that he knew when he was doing at every phase of my surgery. His staff has been very helpful with my after surgery care. I highly recommend him!
in north bergen |
My experience was excellent, both the physician and the staff who greeted me in his office and during surgery, the doctor explained to me all the consequences and the procedure and what I had. During surgery he was pending at all times if he felt pain. It is thorough and pays attention to detail.
in wood-ridge, nj 07075 |
I liked dr. Kim. I went to him last year for X-rays. They never called me back. When I called them, twice, I never received a call back from them. Very unprofessional. Dr Kim, may not even realize what's going on with the front desk. Whatever happened to a follow up ?. I paid for my first visit, which was a total waste of time. Never got anything for it. I have now switched to another doctor. It's a shame I liked dr Kim. I hope, since the last time I was there, the office staff is better.
Hello Elizabeth, I sincerely apologize for the lack of office communication. Unfortunately, I am employed by the hospital until the end of this year and cannot control the office setup until next year. Feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any help to you, my contact info can be found on my website: www.richardkimmd.com
in Hackensack NJ |
I would not recommend Dr. Kim because of all the not professional staff he has. It took me almost two months to get an appointment. I asked the secretary if he takes my insurance she said, "yes" I gave all the information, my appointment was set. Then, I went in person to make sure the insurance was good. I put my husband in the waiting list because he was in pain and his appointment was too far. A day before the appoint. his nasty secretary called me to cancel his appointment due to insurance.
Hello Luz, I apologize for the insurance and scheduling frustrations. I currently have very little control over insurance questions / scheduling because I am employed by the hospital until the end of this year, and they control all insurance issues. Feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any help to your or your husband, contact info can be found on my website: www.richardkimmd.com
in Paramus, NJ |
All My Experience with Dr. Kim has always been very pleasant. He is an extremely knowledgeable hand surgeon and I am very happy with the results of my surgery.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Spent exactly 4 minutes looking at and taking an X-ray. Didn't even remove the bandages to look at the injury. Didn't ask how I got hurt. Recommended a ct scan and left. Never saw him again. Didn't fix my wrist and I ended up going to another dr. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend.
Hello, you came in within 5 days after your injury (all of the details are in your chart). In your case, which was a non displaced fracture, I typically don't remove splints before a week in order to limit the risk of displacing it (unless there is a good reason, eg-open wound). I apologize if your visit seemed rushed, but we went over your history, reviewed your films, took new fluoroscopy images, orders a CT, and walked together across the hall to get the CT rx, which took more than 4 min.
in LODI, N.J. |
The young Doctor seems very well trained and very efficient. I feel comfortable under his care. He gives injections with the most precise care. If there is a negative I would say a lack of understanding the elderly.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Y. Kim, MD?

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Brown University Medical School Resident Teaching Award, 2002
    • Arthroscopic TFCC Debridement, 2007
    • Internal Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures, 2007
    • Scapholunate Instability, 2007

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

• Congenital Hand Anomaly
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hidradenitis
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Completed in 2007

Brown University / Alpert Medical School

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery