Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 61

Dr. Restifo

Minnesota Women's Care

200 S Orange Center Rd Orange, CT 06477

Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Orange, CT. He is affiliated with medical facilities St. Vincent's Medical Center and Yale New Haven Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Restifo to book an appointment.

Dr. Restifo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Restifo

Dr. Restifo

I am very pleased with my results. I wish I had done this sooner! I am amazed it’s me! I cannot believe the confidence I have now wearing the clothes that I like. Dr. Restifo and his staff are very professional and caring. When you trust someone with your body, they have to be exceptional. Thank you for giving me myself back.
Janie Latona – Jan 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Dr. Restifo is amazingly skilled and experienced. I never imagined my body looking this good. The best decision I made, was going through with scheduling the initial consult, the step I had put off many times due to body insecurities. I had gained and lost 60 lbs with each of my three children, leaving my skin overstretched and saggy. After meeting Dr. Restifo, I knew he was the surgeon for me. I had an extended abdominalplasty with muscle repair and breast augmentation with saline/mesh in April. In October, I had additional skin removed from my lower back/hips/flank. I am over the moon with my results. Jackie, Dr. Restifo’s staff nurse was nothing short of exceptional. She educated me on proper incision/drain care, providing me with the tools to confidently care for them at home. I highly recommended Dr. Restifo’s practice. Start by scheduling your consult, my only regret was not doing it sooner.
Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Restifo. He has a caring bedside manor. He is very in tune with your needs and wants. My results are awesome. I would and already have recommended him. Thanks for everything!
Rosalia L – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Dr. Restifo Is truly an artist in this field. After three children, I was left with an unsightly amount of loose and sagging skin. It completely destroyed my self-confidence, but after my procedure, I keep wondering why I waited so long. I am amazed by the work that he did and would recommend him in a heartbeat. He has excellent bedside manner and truly wants to give his patients the best experience possible. Everyone in the office is professional, polite, and efficient. They are willing to answer any question, and truly helped explain the procedure and put my mind at ease. I am beyond satisfied and I am still astonished when I look at myself in the mirror.
Aug 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
The thought of surgery was always nerve-racking to me until meeting Dr. Restifo, he is so kind caring and warm-hearted he really shows how much she cares about his patients. It is my nervous I was in such good hands I’m talking to him at my first appointment he took his time and listen to me and he knew I was nervous. I’ve always struggled with my weight and being a mom of 3 doesn’t help Dr. Restifo was able to make me look a way I never thought I would look. For people who have doubts and second thoughts stop your journey now and reach out to Dr. Restifo, The pain was so minimum for me and this was my first surgery and I am very scared of pain in my anxiety gets the best of me. Most of my pain went away within the first 2 days and now I feel amazing and it’s only been one week after surgery. Dr. Restifo nurse Jackie is just as caring Marie and all the girls in the office are so wonderful they treat you as if you were part of their family. Words can’t explain but thank you Dr. Restifo.
Carol Magliulo – Jul 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write such a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
I just had an extended tummy tuck in early May. I had lost about 40 pounds a few years ago and always had excess skin and fat that would not go away with diet. Dr. Restifo is an absolute magician! My results are so amazing and I am beyond thrilled. It was a difficult decision for me as TT’s are more so done for women than men, and so it was almost impossible to see before and after photos that were comparable to my body. That said, Dr. restifo was so great in answering my questions and explaining the procedure to me. Not to mention that Ive never felt more comfortable in my own skin than I do now. Being self conscious of my belly hang was the worst feeling in the world and I have gained so much confidence in myself. I am so so glad that I went through with the surgery. I would recommend anyone no matter how far you have to travel to do your procedure with Dr. Restifo and his team. Thanks again Doc!
May 28, 2021
Significant weight loss is exciting when it puts...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Dr. Restifo has done some work on my friends and now on myself. He performed an abdominoplasty and it looks fantastic! He’s a magician and truly the best. He and his staff have been nothing but professional and kind. If you are in the market for an excellent plastic surgeon, you will not disappointed with your results. I couldn’t have asked for more.
JT – Feb 15, 2021
Thanks for the kind words about our team and your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
From start to finish, I had the greatest experience with Dr. Restifo and his entire staff. I was unsure of what I was doing so I took a long time making decisions and everyone was so sweet and supportive through the entire process. I never once felt rushed, pressured or uninformed. Dr. Restifo and his staff made everything feel so simple and comfortable. I have to give them kudos for the professionalism and seemingly seamless transition through covid-19 adaptations as well. Beyond the experience being wonderful, the results are incredible! They truly listened and I got exactly what I wanted with incredibly natural results. Such a “small” change has absolutely changed my life for the better and I couldn’t thank these guys enough. I feel like I can be myself, wear what I want, and love seeing the results in the mirror.
Liz – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Doc Restifo was so professional, encouraging, supportive and confident with treatment plan for Breast cancer recon when I was 38 years old. In the weeks of researching the options available I decided I must have immediate recon with a custom scar instead of ..... details unnecessary here. My world spun. I was still smoking cigs, and would NOT stop & COULD not stop. I was too afraid. My treatment team was awesome and Doc R.’s work was state of the Art. He had to ‘slide’ my trap flap into place rather than ‘fly’ it up into place. He was pleased with his work which helped me find peace. Surgery was 12/07/1994 YALE.
Gale (Morrison) Plancon – Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Very professional and perfect results. Dr. Restifo is highly recommended.
Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Best plastic surgeon I'm very happy with my body, every time I look myself in the mirror I say God bless dr Restifo
Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
After having two children and breastfeeding each of them, my breasts were so deflated and sad looking. After doing my research and having a few consultations, I knew Dr. Restifo was the right choice for me. His patients had the most natural looking breasts (the look I was going for) and he has great bedside manner! He guided me to choose the right size and look for my body and made me feel comfortable with that decision. Their 3D imaging was also so helpful in choosing the right size and seeing what I would look like after surgery! I am so happy with my results! I feel more feminine and confident again! You won’t be disappointed if you decide to get a breast augmentation with Dr. Restifo. Jackie and the rest of his staff were also very knowledgeable and quick to respond to any of my needs before and after surgery!
Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
The twins did me in. I knew there was a problem when I was in the supermarket checkout line two years after my twins were born when a kindly over lady asked me how my pregnancy was going! After my TT with Dr. Restifo I am flatter than I ever was, even before babies.
Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Having lost 167 pounds I ha xtra skin in many areas. Dr. Rstifo skillfuly nipped me and tucked meand no only do I lok SO much better but I am much morecomfortable to.
Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
I wanted a tummy tuck but the idea of drains skeeved me so I looked for a plastic surgeon that could offer a drainless TT and I found Dr. Restifo. NO DRAINS! No fuss, no muss! I look terrific. A great experience with a great doctor!
Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
I could not be more delighted with the outcome of my TT. I had had lip in the past by someone else and was unhappy my abdominal skin was so loose that my toddler would curiously play with it. The recovery from the TT hurt for about a week, not gonna lie but well worth it. Thank you!
Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
I had abdominoplasty done with Dr Restifo. Terrible experience. My incision is lopsided, skin removal uneven and my stomach has a lump on the top by my sternum. I would not recommend anyone go to him.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Restifo!! I am 55 & had very small breasts, (32AA) and recently had silicone gel over the muscle implants and I am totally thrilled with the results. I waited a long time for this surgery and wanted to make sure that they looked and felt natural, fit my frame (5'2", 112 lbs) and would allow me to comfortably resume my gymnastic style training which involves a lot of upper body, press work. I went for several consults and Dr. Restifo was the only Dr. that listened & understood my concerns and made me feel confident that he could achieve the result I was looking for and still continue my workouts without any loss of strength or animation. He & his staff were very patient with all of my questions & helped me choose the perfect size and type for what I was looking for. My surgery was so easy, no pain even the day of surgery, very easy recovery & the results far exceeded my expectations. They look and feel totally natural and I am a perfect 34 B!!! I am soooo happy!
Ellen – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
My primary dr recommended Dr Restifo for a breast reduction. I had the breast reduction performed 3 weeks ago today and it has been such a great experience. Dr Restifo is extremely thorough and meticulous. He is an expert in his field and comes highly recommended . I felt very comfortable speaking with him about any and all concerns . My results far exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t be happier . Dr Restifo has the best office staff I have ever come across . Nurse Jackie is so professional , kind and compassionate . She responds immediately if you need to contact her by phone . All the office staff are all together lovely , the office has a family feel in an elegant environment.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?
Can not wait for my surgery. Dr. Restifo was so great in answering all my questions and made me feel at ease with everything. I trust him and know that I will have a great surgery with speedy recovery if I listen to his directions. Staff is WONDERFUL. Will be sad if / when Dr. Restifo retires :(
Caitlin in CT – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Joseph Restifo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Restifo?
Provider explaining information to patient