Dr. Richard Johnson, MD

Dr. Richard Johnson, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Richard Johnson, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Salem, VA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Lewisgale Medical Center.

LewisGale Physicians

1802 Braeburn Dr Ofc Medicalbuilding-East

Salem, VA 24153

• Anthem

Learn about Dr. Johnson

My care philosophy is to treat people with the same dignity and compassion as I would want to be treated. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. I take seriously the blessing and opportunity to provide care to those who choose to trust me with their healthcare needs.

Dr. Johnson's Experience

Dr. Johnson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Sarcoidosis

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Roanoke Meml Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Med College Va
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Russian
  • Vietnamese

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
Dr. Johnson's Performance
SALEM |
Dr Johnson is very thorough and has helped me with my health problems. He cares and took the time to help diagnose my neurological issue, and vision changes . I have been worked in when problems arise, his staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommend Dr Johnson and his staff.
in Christiansburg, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Johnson's for almost 3 years. I have an extensive medical history and my eyes are near the top of my issues and need specific tests and care. I live in Christiansburg and all of my other specialists have been transferred to UVA in Charlottesville. I told the doctors at UVA that I would not trade Dr. Johnson....he truly cares about his patients and takes the time to make sure I understand everything. Thank you Dr. Johnson!!!
in Christiansburg, VA |
I am very happy to be a new patient of Dr. Johnson. All staff were polite, efficient and friendly. All of my questions were answered carefully and with no rush. Excellent experience.
in Roanoke, VA |
After so many poor experiences at other eye care specialists, I have found one that is friendly and informative, with the best of equipment and trained staff. Doctor Johnson's practice runs like a well-oiled machine.
Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Johnson and his staff are like none other! They truly care about their patients both professionally and personally. Medical care is top notch and overall experience is quite pleasurable!
in Salem va |
Great Dr. Great Bed side manner. Very nice and personable. Great nursing staff as well. Great Virginia Tech fan as well .Everyone should see him and his staff !!!
in Roanoke, VA |
My first visit with Dr. Johnson last month was great. He and his whole staff were very polite, considerate and professional. They made me fell like one of the family. I was very impressed with how they handled everything.. I have been telling all my friends about how much I liked Dr. Johnson and his staff. He explained things in a way I could understand and that meant a lot to me.
in Floyd VA |
Yes, I would recommend Dr. Johnson. Very personable, great personality. Always has concern for me as a patient.
New Castle, VA |
everyone was really nice
in Bland County |
When you visit Dr.Johnson and his team's caring nurses and front office personnel, it's like a visit to old friends. Regardless of your reason for a, office visit, you know that everyone actually cares about you. Dr Johson is so kind and personable You know that you will benefit from his skill and knowledge. His expertise saved me from certain blindness. We were patients when his office was in Radford.. We drive about two hours to see him now. Telephone calls are always helpful Lewis-Hale is gre
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Du |
Dr. Johnson is a very caring doctor. We drive from Dublin to see him. Would not think of changing doctors.
in Floyd, VA |
Dr. Johnson and his staff have been friendly, courteous, and professional. I recently had cataract surgery, and I fully recommend this practice for any ophthalmology needs.
Salem, VA |
Dr. Johnson is competent, friendly and caring. He explains diagnoses and treatment options clearly. He makes sure that any prescriptions (if needed) are ordered as quickly and as accurately as possible. He also encourages patients to take care of themselves, in general, and especially in relation to eye health. He and his staff are up-to-date on current procedures. They all work very hard to make sure that you get the appointment times and eye care that you need.
Moneta, VA |
I have had cataract surgery on both eyes in the last 6 months and Dr. Johnson always makes himself available if there are any questions or concerns. I have been very happy with the results and his skills as a Doctor of Opthamology.
in Bland, VA |
My wife and I have been under Dr. Johnson's care for many years that included serious eye issues. We could not ask for better care. I anticipate eye surgery in the next six months and would not consider going to any one else.
in Rocky Mt., Va |
It is my pleasure to go to Dr. Johnson for my ophthalmology visits. He is very courteous, kind and caring. His staff is friendly and goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable . The ease of scheduling and appointment is great, office is very clean and neat. Waiting time is great. Dr. Johnson is very well versed in his field and his expertise is exceptional. I always my visits to this office.
in Draper Va |
Dr. Johnson is wonderful. His staff is all very knowledgeable and friendly.
Floyd, VA |
I have several medical issues, and I see a lot of doctors, so you can believe me when I say Dr. Johnson and his staff are the best. The staff seem to have a wonderful rapport with each other and with Dr. Johnson's patients. Dr. J's bedside manner is amazing, he's very professional and he has a sense of humor; a wonderful plus in any doctor. If you are looking for an eye doctor, he's the best.
Salem, VA |
Accommodated the family quickly for a joint appointment. Accomadatibg us on return appointments as well. Staff was wonderful. Dr Johnson was very friendly, understanding and took the time to explain findings. The staff also was very through in explaining instructions and care.
Elliston, VA |
I had complicated (post sub capsular cataract from years of steroids) cataract surgery two years ago with Dr. Johnson. Since I had previously had LASIK surgery, my case was not completely predictable. Dr. Johnson and his entire team were fantastic. Almost two years later, I just had my yearly exam and I am seeing 20/20. As usual EVERYONE in Dr. Johnson's practice was friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. I am grateful for their continued care.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Johnson, MD?

Visit Dr. Johnson