Dr. Richard Isaacs, MD

Head & Neck Surgical Oncology | Male

Dr. Richard Isaacs, MD
I joined Kaiser Permanente in 1995 and have Advanced Certification in Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery. My specialties include: orbital, nasal, and maxillofacial surgery, as well as thyroid and parathyroid surgery. I function as a regional resource for the management of advanced tumors of the head and neck and provide the otolaryngologic approach for tumors at the skull base. Additionally, I am trained in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and perform rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, otoplasty, and rhytidectomy. I have an interest in post-tumor facial reconstruction and facial reanimation surgery. I am a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. I received my Bachelor of Science degree, with Distinction, from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and my Doctor of Medicine degree, with Honors, from Wayne State University in Detroit. Then, I completed my Otolaryngology training in New York at the Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital / New York Hospital-Cornell Medical College. Subsequently, I received additional Head and Neck Oncologic and Skull Base Surgical training from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and The University of California, Davis. I am also a 2004 graduate of the Kenan-Flagler School of Business Advanced Leadership Program, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and the University of California, San Francisco, CHCF Advanced Leadership Program. Roles and ResponsibilitiesIn April of 2005, I was appointed to the Physician-In-Chief and Chief-of-Staff positions for the South Sacramento and Elk Grove Medical Facilities. I am very fortunate to be able to continue my head and neck surgical practice and I greatly enjoy my administrative position as well. I provide leadership to our 450 physicians/providers and more than 2000 nurses and staff who care for the 200,000 Kaiser Permanente members in the South Sacramento/Elk Grove area. I am confident that we will ensure your well-being and maintain your health. Your experience will demonstrate that the physician-led integrated medical delivery system of Kaiser Permanente, where physicians partner with a hospital and health plan organization, allows for superior quality, exceptional outcomes, and personalized service. When combined with the power of our advanced medical information technology systems, Kaiser Permanente has become a model for health care in our nation. CredentialsMedical Education Wayne State University, Detroit, MIResidency Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, NYResidency Cornell University School of Medicine, New York, NYFellowship UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CAFellowship UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CABoard certification Otolaryngology, american board of otolaryngologyAwardsAmerican Academy of Otolaryngology Presidential Award for scientific work on Skull Base Surgical Approaches to Distal Carotid Artery AneurismsChosen as one of the top Otolaryngologists in Northern California by Sacramento MagazineTop Doctor by the American Consumer Reports survey of American PhysiciansA national top physician selected by Key Professionals Organization (Super Doctors)Affiliations

Dr. Isaacs' Experience

See how Dr. Isaacs' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Isaacs

Dr. Isaacs accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Isaacs is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Isaacs has admitting privileges.

Dr. Isaacs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Isaacs to family and friends
4.2
based on 5 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Isaacs' Performance
in Citru Heights |
Dr. Isaacs is a very compassionate and caring doctor. I was very fortunate to have found him through the American College of Surgeons web-site. Very skilled and competent surgeon. My husband and I know he's the best surgeon!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Isaacs, MD?
Are you Dr. Isaacs?

Compare Dr. Isaacs

Dr. Isaacs says...

Dr. Isaacs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Isaacs has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Isaacs' Board Certifications

Uc Davis Mc

Completed in 1995

University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Isaacs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Isaacs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Head & Neck Surgical Oncology