Neurology  |
Dr. Richard Hinton, MD
General Neurology, Sub-specialist in Stroke One of the founding partners of Neurology Consultants of Dallas, Dr. Hinton has been in practice for over 30 years. In addition to general neurology, he has a special interest in diagnosing and treating stroke patients. When he isn't at the NCD offices, Dr. Hinton is watching sports, playing the piano, or participating in activities with his church. He also enjoys walking his Sheltie with his wife and daughter. EDUCATION Fellowship in Stroke at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston Residency in Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston Residency in Internal Medicine at Baylor Affiliated Hospitals in Houston Internship in Internal Medicine at Baylor Affiliated Hospitals in Houston Medical School at Baylor College of Medicine Undergraduate Degree from the University of Texas at Austin

Neurology Consultants Of Dallas

7515 Greenville Ave Ste 400

Dallas, TX 75231

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthFirst
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha

Learn about Dr. Hinton

Neurons within the body are responsible for communication. They are special cells that send messages throughout the entire nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord. It is our job to help maintain these vital connections. One of the ways we do that is by connecting with our patients.

For over 23 years, Neurology Consultants of Dallas has served patients in North Texas. We have three outpatient locations in Dallas and Addison, and provide inpatient neurology services at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas and Medical City Dallas Hospital. We have been instrumental in developing a state-of-the-art stroke program as well as provided neurological care to countless people.

Our goal is to improve connections, both within the body and with the people we help.

Dr. Hinton's Experience

Dr. Hinton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Massachusetts General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1977
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Hinton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hinton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hinton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hinton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hinton to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Hinton's Performance
in WILLS POINT |
Dr. Richard Hinton is wonderful, very concerned and attentive to listening to you as his patient. Looks into every aspect of your problems to find the answers and help that patients deserve & should expect in a doctor. So glad I started going there seven years ago, his staff is caring, courteous & very thoughtful it doesn't get any better than NCD.
Thank you for such kind words. We have a wonderful team and we are so lucky for great patients that take the time to encourage us! We appreciate your trust in us and hope to continue to pass your expectations of healthcare.
in Seagoville, TX |
Cythina is the most amazing MA I have ever worked with!! Dr. Hinton is very knowledgeable and makes sure you understand your plan of care!! But if you have questions later Cythina makes sure you have her direct extension to get your questions asked fast. I hope Dr. Hinton knows how well she takes care of patients like no other!! Ps she deserves recognized her hard and caring work!! Thank you both for excellent treatment.
Thank you for reviewing our physician and his MA. We are very grateful to have such an awesome team!
Dr. Hinton has gone above & beyond in dx my mom. Cynthia & Dr. Hinton have done an amazing job with keeping in contact with me . This means so much to our family as I live out of state & can't be there. They have been very thorough which has saved my mom from deteriorating since seeing Dr. Hinton she has improved so much & her neurological symptoms have improved drastically. Thanks so much for being such a great team and taking care of my mom
Thank you for taking the time to review our office! Dr. Hinton is a wonderful physician and we are so lucky to have him and his MA as our team members. It's such great news that your mother is doing better and we only wish her the best in her health.
in Rowlett, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hinton for about 3 to 4 years or more and he is highly recommend It is very easy to get an appointment with him and his assistance Cynthia is very helpful and attentive. Dr. Hinton has good bedside manners, listen attentively and very supportive. Dr. Hinton does not rush you out, he spends quality time with me. He does whatever it takes to resolve the issue. The office atmosphere is very pleasant as I stated before Cynthia customer service is outstanding.
Thank you so much for giving Dr. Hinton such a great review. We are so lucky to have them as a team within our company!
Dallas, TX |
I love Dr. Hinton is very kind and has a great bed side manner. His assistant Cynthia makes you feel very comfortable the moment you walk to the door. Dr. Hinton and her make you visit very easy going.
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great comment on Dr. Hinton and Cynthia! We are lucky to have such wonderful teammates!
Dallas, TX |
I saw Dr. Hinton in 1999 and said at the time he was the best doctor I'd ever been to---so thorough and intelligent. He makes you feel as if you are his only patient and he'd spend all day answering your questions! Fast forward to 2017 and being the primary caregiver for a dad with Alzheimer's. No question when I got Dad moved to Dallas who we'd be making an appointment with---Dr. Hinton! And again, Dr. Hinton was spectacular! His compassion, caring nature, and staff are icing on the cake!
We are so lucky to have long standing patients like you! Thank you so much for trusting us with your care and allowing us to serve you. We are grateful that Dr. Hinton is part of our team, he truly is a treasure! We appreciate the time you have taken to review us.
in Dallas, TX |
Yes I would recommend Dr. Hinton to family and friends. Cynthia and Dr. Hinton are very efficient and helpful, very professional.
Thank you for your 5 star review on Dr. Hinton and his MA! We are grateful they serve with us and love that they've made your healthcare priority!
in Dallas, TX |
I think Dr. Hinton is great! He is very thorough, and I trust him completely. I've been going to him since 2003, and he is very good at listening to you and helping you with your needs. I really like his nurse, Cynthia, too! She is very personable and helpful! You can tell that she is really interested in giving you a good experience at Dr. Hinton's office.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review on Dr. Hinton & his MA! We love having them as part of our team and are thankful for patients like you giving us great reviews!
I was referred to Dr. Hinton after years of misdiagnoses. His expertise and individual care for each patient is a rare find. Every step of my treatment process is thorough, every question answered and he genuinely cares. His assistant, Cynthia is undeniably THE essential part of Dr. Hinton's team! Her kind and amazing spirit compliments her professionalism and resourcefulness. You aren't just a name. She is an advocate and a liaison for you. I couldn't ask for better.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are truly blessed to have such great physicians & assistants. We continue to work at being the best neurology office & this is a great tool to show our staff what a difference they are making!
in Plano, TX |
+-+I have truly enjoyed seeing Dr. Hinton, he is the BEST!!! a d His assistant, Cynthia has been more help than I can say! She is one of the Best nurses I have ever worked with! She made my visit and everything else here so good! Dr. Hinton is very lucky to have her!!
Thank you so much for the kind words! We are very blessed to have such an outstanding team. Your review is such a great tool to show the team that they are making a true difference & we appreciate you taking the time to write it!
I am very pleased with Dr. Hinton. In addition to being highly intelligent, he's kind, thorough and easy to talk to. He takes time to listen and respond. I'm also very impressed with his MA, Cynthia. She is very efficient; does exactly what he says and performs every task in a timely and professional manner.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! Dr. Hinton is a very special doctor and we are so lucky to have him within our office. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such great feedback!
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Hinton very quickly diagnosed a somewhat rare issue and treated me very successfully. His office staff were very friendly and always had a smile for everybody.
WE are so happy for you and the outcome you've experienced with your treatment. We only hope that you continue to find relief! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!
Have you seen Dr. Richard Hinton, MD?

Visit Dr. Hinton

Dr. Hinton accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthFirst
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha