Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 55

Dr. Heidenfelder

Richard Heidenfelder M.D.

447 9th Ave San Diego, CA 92101

Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in San Diego, CA and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University Of Colorado At Denver in 1999 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Heidenfelder accepts

Dr. Heidenfelder accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Heidenfelder's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Heidenfelder's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Heidenfelder

2.7

Dr. Heidenfelder?
Dr. Heidenfelder's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD
We had an appointment today. He is by far the best physician specialist. I accompanied a patient to him and am myself in healthcare and have a good assessment insight for a good specialists. DR H. is definitely on top of my list
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Dr. Heidenfelder is one the best specialists I can recommend to my own patients as a heath care provider myself. His insight and understanding is deep and accurate, and I truly trust him with his guidance and recommendations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
1st time seeing him... was quick and to the point... but very unprofessional...we'll see how it goes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
He always had long in-office wait times but when he lost his office space & started telemedicine visits, he ALWAYS missed them. He hardly ever responded to emails & when he did it was weeks later. There were times I was suicidal and even then he didn't respond. He had me on 9 medications without regard to their interactions and getting prescriptions filled was like pulling teeth. Both myself and my attorney have repeatedly requested copies of my medical records and he has failed to provide them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Worst provider ever. Cancels appointments last minute. Unresponsive neglectful doesn’t respond to patients needs or even requests for refills and you can’t just abruptly stop psychiatric drugs. It can really harm you. He is inappropriate and erratic behavior. Seems he needs the meds more than his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Will never recommend him! He is horrible to me and the pharmacy I go to always tells me that he yells at them. They have issues with him too! At first I thought he is just rude to patients. Nope, he is rude to everyone! I guess it’s his nature.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Dr. Heidenfelder is a poor excuse of a Doctor. He should get his medical license taken away for unprofessional and negligent behavior. I have had more than 4 situations with him cancelling my appointments and not notifying me of the cancellation. I can’t tell you how many times I would waste gas and time to wait for a person who isn’t there and had to figure it out myself. In addition, when I email him multiple times for a New appointment for the missed one, he ignores me even when I plead.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Dr. Heidenfelder is probably the most attentive and caring physician I have ever met. He spends as much time with his patients as they need. I have had no issues with communicating with the office when needed. Anyone who complains about being able to reach Dr. Heidenfelder obviously has very little experience with most doctor offices!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Horrible! Saw me once after many canceled appointments. Prescribed medication that the pharmacy couldn't fill and he never returned their phone calls. I was left without medication and got very sick.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?
Can't believe he is allowed legally to practice medicine ! Wow he is a scam all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Heidenfelder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heidenfelder?

We work very hard to ensure that each and every patient is treated with respect and dignity, no different than we would want our own family to be treated.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry