Dr. Richard Hayek, MD

Dr. Richard Hayek, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Hayek, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Hayek is affiliated with Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Presence Resurrection Medical Center.

7447 W Talcott Ave Ste 500

Chicago, IL 60631

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Hayek

See how frequently Dr. Hayek performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Elbow Injuries
Joint Pain
Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed

Dr. Hayek's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Bunion
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Georgetown University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Hayek has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hayek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hayek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hayek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hayek to family and friends
Dr. Hayek's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
i have seen Dr. Hayek for numerous problems. He replaced my hip, my knee, and most recently total reconstruction of my shoulder. I wouldn't see anyone but him. He knows what he's talking about and makes sure the patient does also. He takes his time doesn't rush you out the door. I have and will recommend him to everyone I know.
in chicago, il |
I WAS EXPERIENCING PAIN IN MY SHOULDER ON AND OFF FOR MONTHES. I FINALLY GAVE IN AND MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DR. HIS OFFICE WAS PLEASANT AND I WAS ABLE TO BE SEEN QUICKLY. DR. HAYEK WAS VERY NICE, TOOK TIME EXPLAINED EVERYTHING AND DIDNT RUSH ME OUT.. RECOMMEND HIM 100%
in Chicago, IL |
Yes, I have recommended Dr. Hayek, to friends. He did both of my hips in a 3 yr. period. I can tell you I recover very quickly. Have very little pain after I left the hospital. Went for rehab at Sister Bonaventure, in Park Ridge.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Hayek treated me for a foot injury that required surgery. Knowledgeable, well-versed and thorough, his manner is professional and extremely considerate. My surgery was successful, with minimal pain and meticulous follow-up. The PAs are great as well and the staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. Hayek is the absolute best...an exemplary physician and a genuinely kind man.
in Chicago, IL |
My mother has been a patient of Dr. Hayek's for some time now. He is always so accommodating to her needs. He will tell you when he does not recommend procedures based on her lifestyle. Dr. Hayek and his staff treat you like family.
in chicago, il |
Dr. Hayek did a great job on both of my hips. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great orthopedic surgeon.
in Palatine, IL |
Dr. Hayek is a consummate professional. He is extremely knowledgeable about current medical practices and is a highly skilled surgeon. He replaced my left hip using the anterior entry method and I have had absolutely no pain or stiffness from the time I left the recovery room. I was walking within 3 hours of surgery and left the hospital the next day. I stopped using the cane and walker after one day and have regained full function after 4 weeks of recovery. Highly recommended!!
in Park ridge |
I'm completely satisfied with the surgeon and surgery. Hardly any pain and quick recovery. I highly recommend him to those continplating knee surgery. Pat Albergo,Jan. 2017
in Franklin Park, IL |
Dr Hayak took the time to explain everything n a way I could understand. He is a no nonsense type of person, which is good. He wouldn't even consider surgery if I wasn't going to do the necessary rehab to make it right. He did a great job. I followed his suggestions and I'm doing great. I'm back to doing everything I used to do.
in Chicago, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Hayek to everyone!! He has replaced both my knees, and I have absolutely no pain, and am so glad I did it. Dr. Hayek is kind, thorough in his explanations, makes these explanations make sense to me, very professional and takes time to answer all your questions. He is a really fine doctor, and I recommend him to anyone with an orthopaedic issue.
Park Ridge, IL |
I had an anterior total hip replacement. My recovery was free of restrictions and I healed very quickly. I am 71 years old and am back to playing with my young grandkids and doing all the activities I couldn't do before I went to Dr. Hayek. I highly recommend him. I am glad I didn't waste time living with pain.
in Chicago, IL |
I have now had both knees replaced (at the same time) and one hip replaced by Dr. Hayek. Admittedly, the hip done by anterior approach was "a piece of cake" by comparison, but I am now able to go back to my more normal activities. Dr. Hayek is not only an excellent surgeon, he loves his profession and he takes time to explain and to listen. I have alreaady recommended him to my sister-in-law who just had both her knees replaced.
in Harwood Heights, IL |
Dr. Hayek performed an arthroscopic procedure on my shoulder after a car accident I had and also did a total shoulder replacement on my husband. He is extremely intelligent and honest about the best ways to go about finding a solution to your problem. Knowledgeable and trustworthy and well skilled as a surgeon. Let's face it - surgery is scary to many of us, but Dr. Hayek explains to you exactly what to expect and I am happy to say that my husband and I both are very satisfied with our outcomes.
in Chicago, IL |
I had a hip replacement in March of 2016 and my recover was excellent with minimum pain(basically just from the incision healing). He made sure I definitely wanted to do the surgery before I went through with it. I am a tile setter and was back to work in 9 weeks ( he did recommend me not going back for an additional 3 weeks) but it was feeling good. I am now 100% again and get around and enjoy life without any pain in my hip
in Chicago, IL |
MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR.HAYEK WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL IN THAT HE IS A NO NONSENSE DOCTOR THAT GETS RIGHT TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE IN THE FIELD AS A ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. HIGHLY WOULD RECOMMEND HIM
in Palatine, IL |
Dr. Hayek was my second opinion for hip replacement surgery. He put me at ease right away and recommended the anterior approach for a quicker recovery. I could tell that he really wanted to help me get out of pain get back to being active. The surgery went well and I was walking with a walker 2 hours after surgery. He was wonderful with my family too. I just had my 3 month visit and he was happy to see how well I progressed. I am now back to golfing without pain! I highly recommend Dr Hayek
in Park Ridge, IL |
Dr. Hayek is an excellent surgeon. He is a no nonsense, get it done and let's get healed kind of doctor. He is knowledgeable, efficient, and is a doctor who does the anterior approach of hip replacement. He is to be lauded for his terrific work and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing replacements. his staff is great and he makes everything so easy.
in Chicago, IL |
My 95 year old mother had a knee replacement 6 years ago and she still does not need a walker or cane. We just went back for another appointment regarding pain in the hand. This too was resolved. He takes the time to listen & explain his plan for the treatment. He understands that mom needs the answer to be slow & clear. He does this with great patience.
in Harwood Heights, IL |
Dr. Hayek performed a hip replacement on me via the anterior method and I would recommend it to anyone facing hip replacement surgery. The discomfort was minimal and recovery time was extremely short. Had I known that the entire process would be so quick and painless I would not have waited as long to have the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Are you Dr. Hayek?