Dr. Richard Hayek, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Hayek

Northwest Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine

7447 W Talcott Ave Ste 500 Chicago, IL 60631

Dr. Richard Hayek, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Hayek accepts

Dr. Hayek accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Hayek's experience treating your condition or procedure

Joint Pain

Dr. Hayek treats Joint Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Hayek treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Hayek treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Hayek treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

Dr. Hayek?
Dr. Hayek's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Hayek, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I had a hip replacement. The total process outlined by Dr. Hayek and his team was outstanding. The process started with scheduling the appointments Pre-OP, Surgery and Post-OP. At that point I received a guide to hip replacement. This manual was invaluable it outlined the procedure, what to expect pre and post op and what to expect during the recovery. I was also directed to attend a hip replacement class. This was very informative, again what was going to happen during the hospital stay and when you return home. Not only the Nursing group spoke but also Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. A wide number of aids were talked about to help when you were at home. Even a service that help patients get up stairs after surgery. The hospital stay went great from check in to discharge. I could have not had a better experience. On discharge, every thing was arrange the team met with me to go over the stay and arrange Home Health and PT. The process was well organized. Great Job Team!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr. Richard Hayek performed 2 hip replacements on me in 2017. Left 5/2017 and Right 8/2017. After I finally made the decision to have these procedures done, I cannot tell you how much of a new person I am. What really helped my experience was Dr. Hayek’s explanation, total interest and concern for my well being. I can honestly say I highly recommend Dr.Hayek for his expertise in his medical field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
I met Dr. Hayek in January 2018. I went in for a consult on my knees. Turned out I needed a double knee replacement. He took the time to go over all of my options. He took the time to go over the procedure & all of my concerns. We also went over all of the concerns he had with me as his patient. He is a great surgeon with a great beside manor. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Because of him I am pain free in my knees and am able to get my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr. Hayek explained the hip replacement surgery thoroughly, along with the hospital stay and the recovery. Three months after surgery, I traveled to Ireland and walked over 20 miles during my 7 day trip. I am so glad I had the surgery as I am no longer in any pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Excellent communicator, explained everything that was involved with my knee surgery. He was very encouraging about recovery and relieved my stress about the whole process of surgery and recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr. Hayek did both my knees. He really knows his stuff. Phenomenal surgeon, physician and caring person. Answered any and all questions about the procedure to put me at ease. Great job ! Thanks to you and your staff Dr. Hayek !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr. Hayek performed a surgery on my ankle after I sustained an injury with multiple fractures. This was a tough surgery which required plates and screws to be put into my ankle. Dr. Hayek did an amazing job and I am currently able to exercise, snow ski, work as a nurse, and perform all my activities of daily living with no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Hayek for any orthopedic needs. He is kind, knowledgeable, caring, and takes the time to talk to his patients about the best options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
I am so grateful to be living a full life, enjoying my grandchildren and walking without pain. This is a remarkable turnaround since I have had both of my knees replaced. I only wish I had done this sooner. Dr. Hayek provided excellent advice and surgical care. I followed the recommended exercises and guidelines and have been able to reclaim my life again. thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
I'm so thrilled to write an opinion of Dr. Hayek! He performed a meniscus repair on my knee and I was a happy patient from beginning to end. Dr. Hayek comes across as knowledgeable, patient, approachable, and extremely competent. I would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone in need of orthopedic surgery! Staff at the office and outpatient clinic were great as well. Very good experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
We highly recommend Dr. Hayek. He replaced my mom's knee and hip. She is thrilled with the job he did. She is now pain free and feels great. Dr. Hayek is an excellent surgeon and physician, knows his stuff, and cares about his patients. Thank you Dr. Hayek! You are awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
I'm a 64 year old male, in good health, developed pain in right hip to the point I couldn't tie my shoes or bend over. Dr. Hayek ordered x-rays, examined my hip, explained the problem and options. Performed a full anterior hip replacement on me; in on Monday, home on Tuesday. No pain, no pain pills. Walking without a cane after one week. After five weeks, with the help of physical therapy, walking with barely a limp. Been a great experience for me. Highest recommendation for Dr. Hayek.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
For anyone considering any kind of joint replacement, there is only one name you need to know: Dr Richard Hayek. He is the best there is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr Hayek is a very dedicated, caring surgeon. I would definitely recommend him to anyone. He is straightforward and does not do surgery just to do it. He is highly educated, takes the time to explain what he plans on doing. I had two knee replacements - one in January 2017 and one in July 2017. Even though I am still healing from the July surgery I have no pain, can walk up small hills, walk up/down stairs even jog. I am satisfied with my new knees. GREAT DOCTOR!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
I was visiting family in Chicago when unfortunately I fell and broke my hip. The CFD transported me to Resurrection Presence on Talcott. . I was very fortunate to have Dr. Hayek as my physician. Not only did he explain the procedure that was necessary for me but he did a fantastic job of replacing my total hip with a Zimmer apparatus.His follow up care and advice prove to be very helpful. I would most certainly recommend Dr. hack to anyone who is looking for hip replacement
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
i have seen Dr. Hayek for numerous problems. He replaced my hip, my knee, and most recently total reconstruction of my shoulder. I wouldn't see anyone but him. He knows what he's talking about and makes sure the patient does also. He takes his time doesn't rush you out the door. I have and will recommend him to everyone I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
I WAS EXPERIENCING PAIN IN MY SHOULDER ON AND OFF FOR MONTHES. I FINALLY GAVE IN AND MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DR. HIS OFFICE WAS PLEASANT AND I WAS ABLE TO BE SEEN QUICKLY. DR. HAYEK WAS VERY NICE, TOOK TIME EXPLAINED EVERYTHING AND DIDNT RUSH ME OUT.. RECOMMEND HIM 100%
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Yes, I have recommended Dr. Hayek, to friends. He did both of my hips in a 3 yr. period. I can tell you I recover very quickly. Have very little pain after I left the hospital. Went for rehab at Sister Bonaventure, in Park Ridge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr. Hayek treated me for a foot injury that required surgery. Knowledgeable, well-versed and thorough, his manner is professional and extremely considerate. My surgery was successful, with minimal pain and meticulous follow-up. The PAs are great as well and the staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. Hayek is the absolute best...an exemplary physician and a genuinely kind man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
My mother has been a patient of Dr. Hayek's for some time now. He is always so accommodating to her needs. He will tell you when he does not recommend procedures based on her lifestyle. Dr. Hayek and his staff treat you like family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Hayek, MD?
Dr. Hayek did a great job on both of my hips. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great orthopedic surgeon.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hayek?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hayek treats patients.