Dr. Richard Harrison, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

First Choice Medical Group 709 S Harbor City Blvd Melbourne, FL 32901 Get Directions
Dr. Richard Harrison, MD
Dr. Richard Harrison, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Melbourne, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Harrison is affiliated with Holmes Regional Medical Center, Wuesthoff Medical Center - Melbourne and Palm Bay Hospital.

Dr. Harrison's Care Philosophy

The word "doctor" originates in Latin from "to teach." I enjoy educating my patients about their specific condition, treatment options, and likely outcomes to allow the patient and I to make an informed decision together. I have extensive fellowship training in sports medicine, upper extremity and shoulder surgery. I especially welcome referrals for complex rotator cuff disorders, shoulder fractures, total shoulder replacement, reverse total shoulder replacement and revisions.

Dr. Harrison's Experience

See how Dr. Harrison's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harrison

Dr. Harrison accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Harrison is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Harrison has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harrison's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harrison to family and friends
Dr. Harrison's Performance
in Melbourne, FL |
MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. HARRISON WAS EASY. THE FIRST DAY HE SAW ME, HE DID EVERYTHING HE COULD TO GET ME INTO SURGERY THAT DAY, WHICH HE DID. HE WAS ABLE TO COMPLETELY REPAIR MY INJURIES, NOW IM ON THE PATH TO RECOVERY.
in Cocoa, FL |
I can be operated by Dr. Harrison anytime! He is an excellent doctor, surgeon, very dedicated and professional. I tell all my friends and family about him. What i like best is his team, they are also awesome.
Port st lucie |
Dr. Harrison is the full package , he takes time to explain everything to you on a patients level . He tells you what to expect and gives you a fee different options before any surgery is done is is absolutely outstanding . I also want to thank his beautiful assistant Brittany she is what you call a true professional I thought she was the PA she is very knowledgeable and is so sweet. Great office environment. Highly recommend.
Cape Canaveral, FL |
as per Dr. Harrison recommendation and for better diagnose my situation, he suggested an MRI. I took the MRI more than three weeks ago and yet still waiting on results. I called and left message and still nobody from his office returned my calls
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Harrison is amazing. He was referred by another Surgeon following complications etc., from a prior shoulder surgery. He recommended an approach to keep the original shoulder, however, this did not result in long term relief (which he told was a possibility) . He followed up with a Total Reverse Shoulder Replacement. The replacement surgery was successful. Finally after three years my wife is pain free with very good shoulder mobility. Dr. Harrison never gave up on us.
in Merritt Island, FL |
Extremely satisfied with Dr Harrison. After being told by another doctor that I shouldn't bother with a joint replacement as it wouldn't help and the recovery would be too difficult at my age, I was prepared for the worse. The worse never came thanks to this amazing doctor. I have now gotten nearly all my motion back and absolutely no pain.
in Cocoa, Fl |
I would recommend Dr. Harrison for any surgery - wonderful experience
Merritt Island, FL |
Dr Harrison took the time to fully explain my painful shoulder condition (including in depth use of the plastic shoulder model in the room) and gave me several options going forward. Excellent visit and I look forward to working with Dr Harrison in addressing my condition.
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Harrison is an outstanding doctor and surgeon. He is caring and compassionate. He explains issues clearly and is thorough, dedicated and committed to his patients. He is also a patriot who has deployed several times to provide service and save lives. Thank you, Dr. Harrison.
in Rockledge, FL |
I have and I would definitely recommend Dr. Harrison. He is an excellent surgeon. I experienced a severe shoulder injury requiring a reverse total shoulder replacement. Dr. Harrison has the expertise to perform this surgery. My recovery was complete within a year with absolutely no complications.
Orlando, FL |
Amazing experience. Have felt no pain during recovery from shoulder surgery and through physical therapy. He is the best doctor I have ever been treated by. Heartily Recommend.
Orlando, FL |
In July 2016, I broke my humerus and ended up need emergency surgery. Dr Harrison and his staff have been phenomenal. Nine months later and 17 pins and one plate my arm works perfect. I have zero pain and could not be any happier. Thank you so much!
in The Villages, FL |
Great doc who clearly knows his stuff. Super thoughtful in his approach and care.
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Harrison is more than just professional, he puts his patients at ease and explains issues and procedures succinctly, ensuing complete understanding. He has a great patient manner, and makes you feel as if you're talking with a friend rather than your doctor. In his case, he's both.
Veto beach |
Dr. Harrison is a very formal, patient man. His bed side manner is outstanding and professional. Other doctors only wanted to send me directly to the operating room this doctor fixed my pain with no surgery I am wowed. Dr Harrison also has the most wonderful nurse Britany she is efficient, kind, and does her job beyond expectations she is a gem to first choice medical group. Outstanding staff.
in Viera fl |
If you ever wanted to see what it looks like for a person to walk on water go get treated by Dr Harrison he is beyond qualified and knowledgeable . His nurse Britany has the prettiest smile very cute , makes everyone smiles she has helped other patients that weren't even there to see Dr Harrison I have never seen two of the most caring people if Dr Harrison and Britany could be my cardiologist, oncologist and orthopedic doctor I would enjoy my doctors appointments God Bless them two .
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Harrison did sx on my shoulder in 2013 I have been living life to the fullest ever since he is an amazing doctor. I recently hurt my shoulder and called and seen a PA while he was in Iraq the PA was okay but Dr. Harrison should be so honor to have that little girl Britany as his MA oh my god she is knowledgeable knows Dr. Harrison ways and makes sure she helps. She gives great hugs and it helps when you are crying she has all the faith in Dr Harrison amazing little girl.
in viera fl |
Love Brittney and Dr Harrison very hard workers and very knowledgeable Brittany takes care of stuff in a very timely matter and cares very deeply for her patients Dr Harrison is very lucky to have her as his nurse. Dr Harrison is knowledgeable and smart. I honestly think Brittney should be head of the clinical part at FC MG she is outstanding. The clinical manager never returns calls But that's OK because I can always depend on Brittany to take care of me.
in Rockledge, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Harrison to anyone. He is very knowledgeable and really calmed my nerves about having my procedure. He and his entire staff are fantastic to work with!
in Cocoa, Fl |
Dr Harrison was great. But his PA and front office staff handling of appointments and referral leaves a lot to be desired.
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Harrison was very personable. He explained the procedure thoroughly. He explained answers to my questions. My scars are minimal.
in Melbourne, Fl. |
Extremely easy to talk to, Listens well, Is very honest and forthright. I am a retired OR nurse so when it comes to surgeons I am very picky about whom I choose. Dr Harrison is an excellent choice and I am very thankful for his skills. His office is also very organized and made the whole experience easy to handle.
in Melbourne, FL |
Dr. Harrison is an amazing person and doctor he takes is time with his patient , I love that unless it is absolutely necessary surgery is not his 1st choice . I also adore his assistant Brittany she has the most loving personilty can truly cares. Brittany always makes it a point to call you back and give you confidence that you are in good hands. I would promote her she does everyones job it see. Between Dr. Harrison and Brittany I have 110% faith in first choice.
Maitland, FL |
I had a total shoulder replacement on March 1, 2016 by Dr Harrison. I was very surprised that I had almost no pain. I highly recommend Dr. Harrison.
in New York, NY |
I broke my ankle shortly after boarding a cruise ship several years ago. DR Harrison happened to be on call. I was apprehensive being a nurse that works in a trauma center... HE did the surgery with a plate and 9 screws. I had my follow up care in Milwaukee and the surgeons were impressed with his work. I recovered well enough to be back on the job and pain free.
in Melbourne, FL |
I had surgery on my massive rotator cuff tear about 6 weeks ago. By week two, I had full range of motion back and a pain level of 2 from time to time. By week three, no pain at all. I don't know how that was even possible, but all I can say is that Dr Harrison is my HERO! I guess miracles do happen!! I would recommend Dr Harrison very highly to anyone needing orthopedic surgery. His staff was also exceptional getting me prepared for surgery with all the authorizations and paperwork!
Orlando, FL |
Dr Harrison is a amazing doctor . He operated on my husband and now he is up and moving again. His assistant Brittney is adorable she is so sweet and helpful great staff all around . Highly recommend Dr. Harrison.
in Palm bay fl |
Was 5 minutes late for my appt (that i had to wait a month to get) and they refused to see me even though there was a empty waiting room and i was one of the first appt's of the day
in Rockledge, FL |
Dr. Harrison and his team were extremely helpful throughout the surgery and healing process. No visible scar after surgery and my recovery results have been amazing. I couldn't have asked for a more qualified surgeon. I have been truly blessed having been cared for by Dr. Harrison.
in Cocoa Beach, FL |
I came to Dr. Harrison after seeing two doctors about my shoulder who said nothing was wrong and a failed replacement from the third. Finally, Dr. Harrison was recommended to me by a friend. He performed a total reverse shoulder replacement and after just 4 weeks I am almost as good as new. I would recommend him highly to anyone who needs joint replacement.
in Melbourne, FloridaOrlando, |
No words adequately express my gratitude for the excellent care of Dr. Harrison. When others said it couldn't be repaired, he perfectly restored function of the complicated fracture of my right elbow.
in palm bay florida |
I had surgery done on my wrist and ive been having complications. I only saw him immidiatly before my surgery, I haven't been able to see him since every time I make an appointment he makes me see his PA and his PA is in there for 5 minutes doesn't do anything else very dissatisfied and in a lot of pain three weeks after the surgery
in Satellite Beach, FL |
I had both shoulders repaired VERY happy with results
Have you seen Dr. Richard Harrison, MD?
Are you Dr. Harrison?

Compare Dr. Harrison

Dr. Harrison's Care Philosophy

Dr. Harrison's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Spina Bifida
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Still's Disease
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Traveling Fellowship-Congenital Hand Surgery-Dallas, Tx

Completed in 2007

Traveling Fellowship-Shoulder Surgery-Melbourne, Australia

Completed in 2006

Dr. Harrison does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harrison and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery