Dr. Richard Guttler, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Male • Age 78

Dr. Guttler

S.M. Thyroid Center

1328 16th St Santa Monica, CA 90404

Dr. Richard Guttler, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has over 53 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago medical school in 1967. He is affiliated with Providence Saint John's Health Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Guttler to book an appointment.

Compare with other Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists

Compare Dr. Guttler with our nearby Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Guttler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Guttler

3.2

Dr. Guttler?
I traveled from Florida to California, in search of a hope for my thyroid cancer that I had. I found more than this! If found a precise diagnosis with the guided orientation necessary to treat my illness. Today, it is almost impossible to find a doctor that works with the patient. The majority of the doctors only work with empty and muddled words, (showing THEIR confusion) from behind a computer, and mainly with ZERO human sensibility. Dr. G. was the opposite of this. Not only was he my hope en those darkest moments, he was part of the team that resolved my problem. My admiration and respect to the professionalism and humanity of Dr. Guttler. THANK YOU! Rosalba F., Jacksonville, Florida
Rosalba F – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
I searched over a year for a thyroid doctor that also did genetic testing on thyroid nodules. After having a local surgeon do two FNA's both indeterminate, wanting to remove half my thyroid "just to see", I finally found Dr. Guttler. My husband and I were both very pleased with the visit, expertise and finally an answer. My nodule is benign! Btw, we drove from Alabama for the visit and will do it again as he is now my Endocrinologist . Thank you Dr. Guttler!
Denise in Birmingham, AL – Nov 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler has been my thyroid doctor since 1987. That is 29 years. I treasure his care and skills. Over those years we have dealt with growths on my thyroid, including extensive testing for a growth that expanded quickly and involved several tests including an MRI.I enjoy going in for my checkups. He explains everything to me. My daughter and grandchildren have had their thyroids tested because of what I learned from Dr. Guttler about the nature of my thyroid condition which is hereditary.
Katherine G in Los Angeles, CA – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler has been my thyroidologist for more than 20 years. I am a physician. I also have published biochemistry research in the field of thyroidology. I selected him for his expertise and care for my personal thyroid problem. He has always lived up to his sterling reputation
Stephen B. in Encino, CA – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler provided very effective diagnosis for me. He is smart and extremely knowledgeable. He tried to spare me surgery for over-producing parathyroid. His manner is more forthright than many physicians but his opinion is to be trusted. Some people had a problem with his assistant but she is no longer there and a very pleasant, helpful young man is. Calls were returned very quickly. Dr. Guttler does not accept any insurance but does try to make some adjustment in his rates.
Sheila McCoy in Los Angeles, CA – Oct 29, 2016
Dr. Guttler's Reply – Flag
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler is a clinical THYROIDOLOGIST as well as a board-certified endocrinologist. After undergoing eight different biopsies from four other doctors who couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, Dr. Guttler correctly diagnosed my problem and I am healthy and happy today.
Xochi in Los Angeles, CA – Oct 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler is the best. He knows what he's doing and knows the very latest on Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Most other thyroid doctors would have done surgery- Dr. Guttler saved me from surgery and I am in good health and feel great. So good to have confidence in my doctor!
Karen in Los Angeles, CA – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr Guttler saved my life 36 years ago when he diagnosed a massive goiter that was pressing on my airway. He is more knowledgeable about thyroid disease and cutting edge thyroid treatments and procedures than any other Endocrinologist I have met, and I have met many over the last 36 years. I continue to travel from Las Vegas to Santa Monica, CA for my treatment and will continue to do so until he chooses to no longer practice.
Myra Heeg in North Las Vegas, NV – Oct 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Richard Guttler is nothing less than exceptional. It was a misdiagnosis in Scottsdale, Arizona that lead me to drive 8 hours to be seen by someone who is passionate about what they do. It was refreshing to find an endocrinologist that is dedicated to excellence
Debbie Alexander in Phoenix, AZ – Oct 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
I have been Dr. Guttler's patient for several years. Like many good doctors in L.A., Dr. Guttler is unfortunately out of my insurance network, so my visits and tests range from expensive to very expensive. I definitely find the expense worth it since prior to Dr. Guttler, my thyroid disease had been dangerously misdiagnosed by other doctors. It is a pity I had not found him years earlier. I trust Dr. Guttler, as he has superior knowledge of his field of medicine.
M S B in Santa Monica, CA – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler makes sure I understand what is happening w/my thyroid AND that I don't get over treated when not necessary! I had biopsy earlier this year(not Dr Guttler) w/a 22 Gauge needle-ouch! I learned 25-27 Gauge needle is typically used & Dr. Guttler agreed! He couldn't believe what I endured! He took time doing my ultrasound, reviewed all HE SAW with me, drew my blood onsite & ordered special thyroid tests other endocrinolgists never did for me. I trust Dr. G w/my thyroid's well being 200%!
Mary in Southern CA – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Great doctor - obviously very knowledgeable and very engaging.
Los Angeles, CA – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Guttler?

I care only for patients with thyroid and parathyroid diseases including cancer. Each has their own primary care physician.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

U Of Illinois

• Endocrine neck Sonologist, 2010
  • Thyroid nuclear physician, 1974

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Guttler communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Guttler offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Guttler offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Guttler have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Guttler offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Guttler offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (310) 393-8860