Dr. Richard Guttler, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 76

Dr. Guttler

S.M. Thyroid Center

1328 16th St Santa Monica, CA 90404

Dr. Richard Guttler, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has been practicing for 45 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1967 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, interventional radiology, and more.

Dr. Guttler accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Guttler's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • X-Ray
  • X-Ray Guided Biopsy

I care only for patients with thyroid and parathyroid diseases including cancer. Each has their own primary care physician.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Guttler?
Dr. Guttler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Guttler, MD
I searched over a year for a thyroid doctor that also did genetic testing on thyroid nodules. After having a local surgeon do two FNA's both indeterminate, wanting to remove half my thyroid "just to see", I finally found Dr. Guttler. My husband and I were both very pleased with the visit, expertise and finally an answer. My nodule is benign! Btw, we drove from Alabama for the visit and will do it again as he is now my Endocrinologist . Thank you Dr. Guttler!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler has been my thyroid doctor since 1987. That is 29 years. I treasure his care and skills. Over those years we have dealt with growths on my thyroid, including extensive testing for a growth that expanded quickly and involved several tests including an MRI.I enjoy going in for my checkups. He explains everything to me. My daughter and grandchildren have had their thyroids tested because of what I learned from Dr. Guttler about the nature of my thyroid condition which is hereditary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler has been my thyroidologist for more than 20 years. I am a physician. I also have published biochemistry research in the field of thyroidology. I selected him for his expertise and care for my personal thyroid problem. He has always lived up to his sterling reputation
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler provided very effective diagnosis for me. He is smart and extremely knowledgeable. He tried to spare me surgery for over-producing parathyroid. His manner is more forthright than many physicians but his opinion is to be trusted. Some people had a problem with his assistant but she is no longer there and a very pleasant, helpful young man is. Calls were returned very quickly. Dr. Guttler does not accept any insurance but does try to make some adjustment in his rates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler is a clinical THYROIDOLOGIST as well as a board-certified endocrinologist. After undergoing eight different biopsies from four other doctors who couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, Dr. Guttler correctly diagnosed my problem and I am healthy and happy today.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler is the best. He knows what he's doing and knows the very latest on Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Most other thyroid doctors would have done surgery- Dr. Guttler saved me from surgery and I am in good health and feel great. So good to have confidence in my doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr Guttler saved my life 36 years ago when he diagnosed a massive goiter that was pressing on my airway. He is more knowledgeable about thyroid disease and cutting edge thyroid treatments and procedures than any other Endocrinologist I have met, and I have met many over the last 36 years. I continue to travel from Las Vegas to Santa Monica, CA for my treatment and will continue to do so until he chooses to no longer practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Richard Guttler is nothing less than exceptional. It was a misdiagnosis in Scottsdale, Arizona that lead me to drive 8 hours to be seen by someone who is passionate about what they do. It was refreshing to find an endocrinologist that is dedicated to excellence
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
I have been Dr. Guttler's patient for several years. Like many good doctors in L.A., Dr. Guttler is unfortunately out of my insurance network, so my visits and tests range from expensive to very expensive. I definitely find the expense worth it since prior to Dr. Guttler, my thyroid disease had been dangerously misdiagnosed by other doctors. It is a pity I had not found him years earlier. I trust Dr. Guttler, as he has superior knowledge of his field of medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Dr. Guttler makes sure I understand what is happening w/my thyroid AND that I don't get over treated when not necessary! I had biopsy earlier this year(not Dr Guttler) w/a 22 Gauge needle-ouch! I learned 25-27 Gauge needle is typically used & Dr. Guttler agreed! He couldn't believe what I endured! He took time doing my ultrasound, reviewed all HE SAW with me, drew my blood onsite & ordered special thyroid tests other endocrinolgists never did for me. I trust Dr. G w/my thyroid's well being 200%!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?
Great doctor - obviously very knowledgeable and very engaging.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Guttler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Guttler?