Dr. Richard Gray, MD

Dr. Richard Gray, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Richard Gray, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Tacoma, WA and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Gray accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Gray has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(253) 205-0181Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Gray's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gray treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Bursitis

Dr. Gray treats Bursitis more than 90% of his peers

Dr. Gray treats this condition more than 90% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Elbow Bursitis

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fracture

Richard E. Gray, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who provides a wide range of services, including total joint replacement, trauma repair, spine surgery and sports-related orthopedic care. Dr. Gray emphasizes compassionate, patientcentered...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

81.3953488372093%

Dr. Gray?
Dr. Gray's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Gray, MD
Xrays of my very painful left hip indicated a total hip replacement was in my near future. I selected Dr. Gray to perform hip replacement surgery based upon (1) his 30 years of experience & (2) his thorough presentation of the surgical process and recovery. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, open, friendly, caring and a very patient & good listener who addressed all my questions and concerns. He would not disappoint. The out patient, 45 minute surgery in early PM went off like a hitch & I was home by 5:00 pm. Post-op recovery has gone very well as expectations of what we might face over the first few weeks had been laid out in an enlightening joint camp. In addition, Dr. Gray’s impressive staff, PA Sarah & MA Juli were always available to advise, answer questions, & help resolve any issues. At 8 weeks post-op, the pain is gone, mobility has increased, and I have resumed many of my normal activities. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Gray and team. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Awesome experience. My hip was causing the worst pain I have ever had. (worse than a kidney stone) I was scheduled for a replacement in a very timely manner. Went to Saint Joes Hosp at 7:15 am, by 7pm that night I was home watching TV in my chair with zero pain. Two days with pain meds and those were no longer needed. Very amazing experience and results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I had both hips replaced 6 weeks ago by Dr Gray. I have been walking 2 to 3 miles a day with no pain. A big improvement! Thanks Dr Gray!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I just had "outpatient" hip replacement surgery done by Dr. Gray. Could not be happier. I put it off way to long. The idea of being in the hospital for days, and laid up for weeks, was overwhelming. What a different experience! Had surgery in the morning and was home by Noon. Was back to work in 4 weeks. The customer service was exceptional and I am already talking to him about doing my knee now. Don't wait! Get your life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
This is the doctor you want. After a bad experience at another surgeon I was hesitant. Just had my 5 week post OP visit with Dr Gray and all I could do was shake his hand and say thank you. Zero pain. I am also diabetic and have had to have all my meds reduced A1c is down to 5.7 and dropping. Big plus is I have also lost 27 lbs. I wish I had found him sooner. Do not hesitate to get in and see him. You will not regret it. Get your life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I can't possibly saw enough great things about Dr. Gray! He did my back surgery 3 weeks ago and I feel 100% better! My disc was herniated and my whole left leg was in horrific pain and numbness and my foot wasn't working well either. Sure I was sore at the incision site, but the pain in my hip and leg was gone! He was so super kind and treated me like a friend or sister, not a stuffy Dr. I have been highly recommending him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I am so pleased I was referred to Dr. Gray and we decided on bi-lateral hip replacements. Best decision for repair and healing in one surgery! My left hip was a painful mess and the right one was not far behind. Dr. Gray is very professional, cordial, compassionate and takes time to listen during each visit. Although it will be awhile until the tissue/nerve areas in my legs heal from the surgery, not experiencing the horrific hip pain is beyond words. I highly recommend Dr. Gray!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I am very glad to have met an exceptional person like Dr. Gray and have him perform my first surgery. Dr. Gray and his team of surgeons performed a microdiscectomy to repair a herniated disc that was putting an extreme amount of pressure on my sciatic nerve. I want to thank Dr. Gray and staff at Puget Sound Orthopedics (a division of Proliance Surgeons) for restoring my health and for being an absolutely crucial and instrumental part of my life. Thank you!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I had a total hip replacement the end of August. My recovery was very easy and fast as Dr. gray predicted. I had surgery at 8:00 in the morning and was home that evening. Dr. Gray explained the procedure very thoroughly and answered any questions or concerns that I had. I was very pleased with all the staff that assisted me after surgery and recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Dr. Gray replaced both of my hips just two months apart. My recovery was much easier than I anticipated considering I'm 80+ years old. He was easy to talk with and very kind and considerate to me and my family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Don't ever be hesitant to obtain knee replacement with Dr. Gray. I am so happy to be rid of the pain I had before my partial knee replacement. There were days where I simply could not walk. After Dr. Gray determined the pain was from bone on bone at my joint I underwent the partial knee replacement. I have completed my regimen of physical therapy and have strength back and can go up and down stairs with no difficulty. Dr. Gray provides excellent support and communication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I needed rotator cuff surgery and had delayed the surgery for three years with modifications. I was given a Dr at this clinic because the one I requested did not take my insurance. I did not get a sense of confidence in his work based on previous patients that I had met so I requested to be transferred to Dr. Gray. He approved my transfer and it was the best gift I could receive as a patient. HE IS AMAZING! He has the best, most compassionate approach to treating patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I first saw Dr. Gray in January of 2017, I was in such pain I could barely walk , I had osteoarthritis .it was devastating my life, I couldn't walk I couldn't work I wasn't able to sleep I was in pain 24-7 . I had been to a couple of Surgeons before finding Dr. Gray, The very first visit with him I knew he was the Man. I needed. about three weeks later he did double knee replacement.. The Man is an artist , A great guy who takes the time to explain options and concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
70 yr old active male, had bad knee since 1967, Had TKR in 12/16, painful after surgery, physical therapy for 3 months. I am now pain free , walking on the golf course with full extension, Dr Gray did an excellent job, I am particular impressed with the alignment issue, Highly Recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Dr. Richard Gray is upfront and very personable. His professionalism is outstanding and I trusted his surgical skills. I would not hesitate to see him again if the need arouse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Dr. Gray has been my orthopedic Dr. for over 15 years, anytime I needed to see him, I've been able to get an appointment quickly. from the minute Julie calls you back, she's asking how your doing, she puts you at ease with her professionalism and smile! When Dr Gray comes into the room, He smiles looks you in the eye with a concerned look, and ask how I'm doing, then he will take the time to listen to what I have to say, I never feel rushed, I couldn't ask for a better Dr patient relationship!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Dr. Gray and his staff were all wonderful when my husband needed semi-emergent spinal surgery. A year out, my husband is doing great and our final visit with Dr. Gray was just as fulfilling as the first visit. He truly cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Gray to anyone! I have had both hips replaced by Dr. Gray and I have had no problems! He is a very caring man, he took time with us answering all our questions. Even when I came for my second hip replacement he came into the room and made us feel like family. Marvin saw us a couple times and he also took time with us, answering our questions and he did a fine job on sewing my incision up! You can not go wrong with Dr. Gray and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
Dr. Gray did my back surgery eight years ago and it was a great success. when I started having trouble with my hips Dr. Gray was the first one I thought of because he did such a great job on my spine. I would and have recommended to all my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Gray, MD?
After I had exhausted other treatments I was referred to Dr. Gray. He was honest and explained the whole procedure. One year later and I feel fantastic. Thank you Dr. Gray.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gray?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gray treats patients.

St. Francis Hospital