Dr. Richard Gibbs, MD

Dr. Richard Gibbs, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. Richard Gibbs, MD is a dermatologist in Memphis, TN and has been practicing for 49 years. He graduated from Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med in 1969 and specializes in dermatology.

1215 Poplar Ave

Memphis, TN 38104

Learn about Dr. Gibbs

See how frequently Dr. Gibbs performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Keloid Scar
Abscess or Fluid Incision and Drainage
Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration

Dr. Gibbs's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Acne Surgery
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1969
  • Usphs
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Howard University
  • University Of Tennessee

Dr. Gibbs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gibbs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gibbs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gibbs' Reviews

2.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gibbs to family and friends

Dr. Gibbs' Performance

GOOD

Dr. Gibbs had consistently help me control psoriasis for many, many years. I believe in him! Cravin Turnage
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I agree that he is very rude, but his products works well. Been going to him for years and he has always been the same , not a people person at all. I only go for his PSG products and recently went by to purchase some and the doors were closed. HE CLINIC IS SHUT DOWN! without any warning or notice...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option10thumbs down icon option0
I had red painful bumps , many of them under both arm pits. My pcp thought they were boils, after he treated me and they kept popping up, he referred me to Dr. Gibbs. Dr. Gibbs upon looking at these bumps immediately knew what they were and prescribed the correct treatment. It was expensive but got...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option1
Dr Gibbs was very professional - too professional. No bedside manner. I got the impression that he did not want to listen to me and was in a hurry to leave the room after a few minutes of his diagnosis. He told me what I had been doing without listening to what I HAD been doing.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option9thumbs down icon option0
He is extremely quiet, which is never good for any type of doctor. I recently went in because I had a problem with my eczema and I told him of the cream I had been using that works GREAT for me, but I recently ran out and needed him to prescribe me the cream again. However, he decided that another...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option13thumbs down icon option4