Hair Transplant Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Giannotto, MD
Dr. Richard Giannotto, MD is a hair transplant surgery doctor who practices in Mc Lean, VA. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 40 years.

8201 Greensboro Dr Ste 609

Mc Lean, VA 22102

Learn about Dr. Giannotto

Look Healthy. Be Healthy.

Dr. Giannotto's Experience

Dr. Giannotto's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Hair Transplant Surgery

• Genetic Counseling Services
  • Genetic Testing
  • Hair Transplants
  • Microdermabrasion

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

• Farsi
  • Italian

Dr. Giannotto does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giannotto and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Giannotto's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Giannotto to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Giannotto's Performance
Baltimore, MD |
I had my procedure a few weeks ago with Dr Giannotto. I am extremely disappointed in the entire process. The back of my head has a scar that is still as wide as my index finger. I have been in several times and he could care a less. I knew based on the reviews I might be making a mistake, but the price drew me in. Now I know I got what I paid for. My scalp is extremely irritated and his so called "staff" is made up of young kids. Do yourself a favor, don't be lured in bu his cheap prices.
Fair fax, vA |
Had a supposed 2000 graft Artas procedure with the Giannotto clinic early 2016. I was told I could go to work the next day even though other clinics said 5-7 days. After the procedure my head looked like raw meat and blood. I ended up taking a whole week off before my scalp just looked a little red. After 9 months i had not seen any new growth and went in for a checkup I was told the Dr was not available for the next couple weeks. A year and half later and I'm lucky to have 50 new hairs. Liars
District Heights, MD |
I've had three visits with Dr Giannotto, over several years. Dr Giannotto and his staff have always been welcoming and friendly. What I liked most was that my decisions were respected. I didn't feel like I was being persuaded to purchase more grafts then what I initially requested. When one procedure didn't result in the thickness I desired, Dr Giannotto, without my asking, did another procedure at no cost. Now it looks great. I have recommended him to others over the years.
in Bristow, VA |
Met with the Dr Giannotto and he walked me through the options based on looking at my hair. I'm 36 and starting to thin out in the front and a pretty large bald spot on the back. Scheduling was very easy and the office is really nice. I decided to move forward and scheduled a week later. I cannot say enough nice things about him and the staff. They really care about your comfort and made sure I was comfortable at all times. For the most part its pretty painless. I would highly recommend them.
tysons corner, va |
I had FUT (1,300 grafts) in December 2014 and FUE robotic (about 400 grafts) in May of 2016. So, total of about 1,700 grafts. I am now 52 years old. On the positive side, the office is very clean and the staff is professional. However, the procedures yielded minimal results. I can't tell any difference in my right-center and left-center hairlines, which are as thin as ever. My wife can't tell any difference either. Even accounting for some continued hair loss, 1700 grafts better be noticeable
in Fairfax, VA |
I also had two procedures done by this "doctor". The follicles were harvested with the ARTAS robot from the back of my head. They were inserted in an area above and slightly forward of my temples (male pattern baldness). The follicles on the right upper side of my head were inserted at an angle OPPOSITE of the angle of normal hair growth. I paid nearly $13,000 for these procedures and now I'm stuck with an ugly, obvious cowlick for the rest of my life.
in Baltimore, MD |
hair fell out and he let trainees do the transplant and they did a very poor job
in Leesburg, VA |
ARTAS robotic transplant: I had two sessions with this individual. It has been 12 months since the last session and my hair length has grown back to normal. The transplanted follicles are established. Like other patients, the transplants were planted at the wrong angle to my normal hair growth. The hair on the very front of my hairline stands straight up. My barber has confirmed that the follicles planted on the right front of my head were inserted at an angle OPPOSITE to the normal hair growt
in Arlington, VA |
I should have posted the following comment years ago. After the procedure, I bought additional in house laser treatments, purchased hair products and spent $700 for a laser comb. Then I experienced the stressful deaths of THREE FAMILY MEMBERS! When my transplants didn't produce much new hair, I met with Dr.Giannotto who only agreed to replace a few transplants while trying to sell more! Insulted, I left. Today that area is a front prominent balding spot! I have felt ripped off ever since!
in Falls Church, VA |
I had the hair transplant procedure 8 months ago. It works. Slowly. Takes time for the body to adapt to this kind of thing. I don't wear a baseball cap around as much. Increases confidence. Have to use more shampoo now too. LOL. Worth the price. I'd do it again. No regrets. Bob in Falls Church.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Giannotto performed three hair tramsplant procedures on me several years ago. The hair that was transplanted looks good however the donor area is a mess with bald patches because of harvesting too much hair from the left rear side of my head. I also witnessed excess donor strip(approx.1/2x3)my of hair my being disposed of after the procedure. With the money and time spent, I expected a better outcome from someone who has supposedly done numerous transplant procedures.
in Elkridge, MD |
not sure I see much difference pre and post neograph...14 months later but dr and staff were very professional
in Rockville, MD |
Expectations were set high and results were low.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Giannotto, MD?
Are you Dr. Giannotto?