Dr. Richard Fryer, MD

Dr. Richard Fryer, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Premier Plastic Surgery Group 11762 S State St Ste 220 Draper, UT 84020 Get Directions

In my practice I combine surgical precision, a keen knowledge of the anatomy, and compassionate patient interaction to achieve the highest level of satisfaction and best clinical outcomes for my patients. I implement changes based on patient feedback and on sound research and data. I am proactive in my approach to prevent adverse patient outcomes. My patients are my best advertisement so I invest my time, effort and expertise in obtaining the best results for my patients. -Richard Fryer, MD

Dr. Richard Fryer, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Draper, UT. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Fryer is affiliated with Jordan Valley Medical Center, Riverton Hospital, Lds Hospital, Alta View Hospital and Intermountain Medical Center.

Dr. Fryer's Experience

See how Dr. Fryer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fryer

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Fryer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fryer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fryer to family and friends
    Dr. Fryer's Performance
    Provo, UT |
    I had consultations with the 3 plastic surgeons I kept hearing about in my area. Dr Fryer was easily my pick! He sat and answered all of my questions as if he had no where else to be, listened to what I wanted and clearly explained how he would accomplish that. I didn't feel any pressure to fit into any 'standard' that some surgeons seem to push. But the best thing I can share is my results say it all!! I am SO happy with the way I look! Thank you Dr Fryer!
    in Spanish Fork, UT |
    I love love love Dr. Fryer.! He was very professional and knowledgeable and helped me understand and get the best results I was looking for.! The staff was super sweet and very helpful.! I felt taken care of the entire time.!! I was nervous day of surgery, They made me feel very comfortable and confident about the entire thing.! I had a brest augmentation and I'm so happy I chose Dr. Fryer.! My scars are very very small and they gave me a scar cream and just after 3 weeks it's barley noticeable.
    Draper, UT |
    I am 3 months post surgery and am thrilled with my results. I wanted to achieve a natural look, and Dr. Fryer did just that! He looks at your personal frame and advises on options for the best outcome for your body. His staff was great and made me feel comfortable in picking the right size implants for me. Because I have a narrow body frame, Dr. Fryer recommended the ultra high implant to get the volume I wanted without looking wide. I highly recommend Dr. Fryer.
    in Meridian, ID |
    I had a great experience here. As an out of town guest it is always scary going into an appointment the day before surgery. I couldnt have been more confident with my decision. Recovery has been so easy with hardly any pain!
    in Turnerville, WY |
    The first thing I would tell you is to stop researching and go with Dr. Fryer’s Office! I spent 2 years wanting to make sure I would have the best doctor and get the results I really wanted. After scheduling my FREE initial consultation with Dr. Fryer all of my questions were answered, and I didn’t even have to ask a single one! He is VERY knowledgeable, treats you like a person not a number. His amazing staff help you fit and try on different sizes so that you are getting the size that you have
    Ogden, UT |
    I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Richard Fryer on March 30th, 2017. Recovery has been very easy and the results so far are amazing. He and his staff were very knowledgeable, friendly, and made me feel very comfortable. I absolutely recommend Dr. Fryer to anyone looking to have cosmetic surgery.
    Kimberly, ID |
    I recently had a breast augmentation procedure done by Dr. Richard Fryer. I would highly recommend him. His staff and nurses were friendly and answered all of my questions in detail. During my initial consultation I found Dr. Fryer to be very open and honest. He discussed my desires and helped me to understand what that would mean for my body. My surgery couldn't have gone better, I am amazed at how recovery is going! A huge thank you to Dr. Fryer and his staff! Amazing!
    Salt Lake City, UT |
    Dr. Fryer is the best. He has great bedside manner, doesn't exaggerate the results, and gave me exactly what I asked for. He's extremely professional and also sensitive to any needs. I actually passed out the morning of my surgery and he and his team took GREAT care of me before and after. I am SO glad I used Dr. Fryer for my procedure. I went to him based off a referral and now I refer anyone I can to him.
    South Jordan, UT |
    I had a implant and lift 10 years with a different surgeon before my current surgery. The surgery I had most recently was a more complicated lift and reduction with implants. Dr. Fryer was by far the more adept and skilled surgeon. I wish I had know about him for my first lift! I consider him far more skilled than my previous doctor because I was in less pain and recovered faster with a more complicated surgery. He was very patient in consulting with me and has been great in dealing with post-op
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I Highly Recommend Dr Fryer he was very Professional during my consultation , He Made Me Feel Very Comfortable Answering all my Questions. I'm Extremely Satisfied with my Results!!! My Whole Experience was Great ,The Staff Was Wonderful.
    Pleasant Grove, UT |
    Before my procedure I had never had anything like this done before. This was my first experience being put under. I was beyond nervous!! in the end I was so happy with my results! I had my procedure done 3 months ago and couldn't be happier. Dr Fryer went over every possible result (good or bad). I never felt pressured to something that I didn't need or want. recovery was so easy! I have heard some terrible stories but this was NOTHING. It felt like I had done a killer workout the day before..
    in South Jordan, UT |
    Dr Fryer and his staff are amazing. He did a phenomenal job on my re-augmentation and I couldn't ask for better results!!! My recovery has been relatively pain free and when I had the bandages removed, I was given thorough instructions on how to perform the massage which I was not taught when I got my first implants in North Carolina 15 years ago. Thank you so much Dr Fryer for the beauties!! They are spectacular! If you are looking for a skilled physician, this is your man!
    Dallas, TX |
    Dr Fryer is professional, knowledgeable, and excellent. I have had two proceedures with great results. I will go to him 100 times if needed. I've always felt informed, listened to, and respected. I never felt rushed or pressured. His staff is wonderful too.
    West Jordan |
    I had considered breast augmentation for several years following pregnancy and breast feeding. I consulted with other surgeons who left me feeling uneasy and unsure about going through with it. A friend recommended Dr. Fryer. The initial consultation with Dr. Fryer was a completely different experience. He took a considerable amount of time explaining the surgery, what to expect, and measuring me for a good fit. I felt he was upfront and honest about what he could and could not achieve with
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I love my results. I was very nervous about doing this, Dr Fryer and his entire staff were great. They made me comfortable and not embarrassed about my surgery. I'm 3 months post surgery and very happy with the results. I would do this again tomorrow if I had to! I am thankful that I was given the extra high profile implant on one side and a High profile on the other side- making my breast look symmetrical for the first time ever!!!!
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I loved Dr. Fryer. He was very willing to take his time with me and talk me through my procedure and answer any questions that I had. I met with several doctors before choosing to do my Tummy Tuck Procedure and Dr. Fryer was by far the most professional and most informed. He was very realistic about what my expectations should be in terms of recovery and results which was so helpful when trying make a decision. I am thrilled with my results and couldn't be happier!
    in Willard, UT |
    I went to Dr Fryer to have my breast implants removed. I'm 60 yo and came to the decision a couple of years ago that I wanted them removed. The surgery was painless and my initial feeling is I wish I had done it years ago. My breast seemed to have gotten larger with weight gain and age. When they were removed it was such a freeing feeling. I love the new look just as much as I did when I first had them put in. I would Highly recommend Dr Fryer and his staff. They made me feel very comfortab
    in Herriman, UT |
    Dr. Fryer always made me feel confident about my surgery and my experience! I am so glad I chose him as my doctor. The entire facility was welcoming and helpful to every question I had. For my breast augmentation surgery, I was showed high profile and extra high profile implants. I was nervous because there is not a lot of positive information about extra high profile implants. I trusted Dr. Fryer and I feel like everything turned out so natural!
    in South Jordan, UT |
    Dr. Fryer is a true professional, extremely knowledgeable, and honest. He will not agree to give his patients what they want if it's a bad idea. In my case, he fixed what 3 plastic surgeons could not fix before him. It's been 6 weeks since my revision surgery and I could not be happier! I wish I found him 10 years ago. See for yourself.
    in Ogden, UT |
    I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Fryer 12/20/2016. I cannot say enough about the professionalism, compassion and wonderful results due to Dr. Fryer and his entire staff. I am extremely happy and would highly recommend Dr. Fryer. He was very knowledgeable and my results are even better than I hoped for. I went from feeling like I looked more like a 12 year old girl than a grown woman. Thank you Dr. Fryer!!!
    in Draper, UT |
    Dr. Fryer took very good care of me, answered all my questions and was very detailed in his explanation of what was possible, as well as exactly how he planned to work with my unique situation to resolve my scar, loose skin, and asymmetry in my 13 year old breast augmentation
    in Draper, Ut |
    I shopped doctors before my procedure and Dr. Fryer impressed me the most. He is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. He recommended that I get the ultra high profile silicone implants and I am so glad I did! I'm a tiny thing, 5'2" 97lbs, and anything wider than the ultra high profile implants would have made me look chubby. These implants fit my frame perfectly and are very proportionate. Dr. Fryer even suggested doing 2 different amounts on each side (320cc in one, 350cc in the other)
    in Palmer, alaska |
    Dr. Fryer is a genuinely nice and, sincere doctor. He listens and asks lots of questions in hopes of finding what you are wanting for your body. With the help of dr fryer we chose High profile silicone implants, 375 cc ea, with a lollipop lift The office staff, surgical staff and Dr. Fryer did an amazing job with my appts, pre-opt, surgery and post-Opt. I'm completely satisfied already and it's only been 4 days out. I can't wait to see final product. Thank you thank you
    in Grand junction co |
    I had my augmentation in June and from consultation to follow ups he and his staff have been helpful and professional. I love my results! Fryer helped me set a realistic goal and put my health and results as first priority. If I decide to have anything further done I will definitely be seeing him again Thanks again Dr.Fryer and Staff!
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    After breastfeeding 3 kids for a year each I went from a B cup to a AA cup. Wanted to get some back- did 280 cc high profile plus implants for a big B or small C result. Dr Fryer was awesome from start to finish. Recovery has been pretty good and the implants look and feel even better than I thought they would! He had good bedside manner, is very knowledgeable and skilled at his job, and was very competitively priced.
    Salt Lake City, UT |
    I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Fryer. I can't say enough good about him and his staff. From the second I walked in they made me feel 100% comfortable. Dr. Fryer spent a lot of time with me and I feel like he really listened and cared about what I wanted my results to be. He gave me suggestions that would fit what I wanted. I appreciated the direction and appreciated the kindness help he gave me. They answered all my questions and then some. I would recommend him to any and everyone. Happy!
    in Draper, UT |
    Dr. Fryer was great! I am so hsppy with the results! His office, staff and nurses were all wonderful to work with. I always felt comfortable asking all of my questions! He made sure to set the expectations upfront so I knew exactly what to expect throughout the process. I saw several surgoen across the valley and decided he was the winner! I am so glad I went with him!
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    If you are looking for a doctor that is a realist and truly cares about the end result, Dr. Fryer is for you! He was absolutely outstanding throughout the entire experience, not to mention did an amazing job! His office staff are also just as amazing and make you feel comfortable. Dr. Fryer came highly recommended and he did not disappoint!
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I have been wanting to have a breast augmentation done since I was a teenager. I was that girl who needed nothing more than a training bra, even as an adult. I was nothing but ribs and skin and very self-conscious about my appearance. I wore ultra-padded bras just to hide the fact that I hadn’t grown breasts like all my friends and my sisters. I would go to great lengths to choose just the right swim top that would have enough padding to make it seem like I had something there. I felt like I was
    in Bountiful, UT |
    So knowledgeable, skilled, and sincere. He truly is amazing, an example to all physicians!
    Thank you so much for your comments. It is so important to choose the best plastic surgeon for your needs and other patients rely on your reviews to help them feel comfortable with their choice.
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I went to Dr. Fryer for breast augmentation. He was friendly, and informative. He spent the necessary time with me to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable. Every step of the way, him and his staff were there to talk to me and make sure I knew what was going on. I am 1 week post-op, and I haven't had any major pain! I have experienced pressure from the implants, and occasional slight discomfort which is unavoidable. I am 100% happy with my choice!
    I am so glad that you had such a positive experience in my clinic with both my staff and myself. When choosing the best plastic surgeon to trust with breast augmentation reading your comments is invaluable for other patients!
    Herriman, UT |
    It's been a year and half since my breast augmentation surgery with Dr Fryer, and I am still amazed at the results! He and his staff were so helpful, and truly listened to what I wanted. Proportion, size, look...everything turned out perfect! Love it! I have recommend several people since my surgery to Dr Fryer and I will continue to!!
    Thank you for taking the time to comment on your breast augmentation experience -- I'm glad that you are still so excited about the results a year and a half later that you want to tell people about it. I'm so glad that we were able to give you the results that you wanted.
    in UT |
    I met Dr. Fryer after I had most of my nose removed due to skin cancer. This was a very scary time for me and Dr. Fryer was very considerate and patient with me. He walked me through every step of my reconstruction process. He was meticulous in creating a nose that looks normal. Many who I meet now do not even realize I've had the surgeries on my nose. I can not thank Dr. Fryer enough for giving me back my normal. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon.
    Thank you for your review -- it helps so much when people are looking for a plastic surgeon that they can trust.
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I decided to see Dr. Fryer about a breast augmentation before anyone else based on his great reviews on realself and other websites. I'll admit he's the only one I ended up getting a consult with and I haven't had any cosmetic procedures before this, but I felt so comfortable with him during my consult- he answered all of my questions and didn't rush or make me feel stupid or objectified. He took interest in why I wanted the procedure and made recommendations based on that, and told me WHY he ma
    I am so glad that you had such a great experience with your breast augmentation consultation in my office. My staff and I do everything possible to make sure you get the best experience possible.
    South Jordan, UT |
    Dr. Fryer and his staff are impeccable. To providing a custom surgery plan based on my body and needs along with taking the time to answer every question I had. Choosing Dr. Fryer was the best decision I have made.
    Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with an experience worth telling other women who are looking for a plastic surgeon that can provide the best possible experience and results.
    in Ogden, UT |
    Dr. Fryer is amazing I went to see him for a breast augmentation and from the beginning him and his staff were amazing. When trying on different sizes there was no pressure to pick a certain size and they allow you to take the time needed to decide what was best for you. Dr. Fryer calls you the night after your surgery to check on how you are feeling which I thought was very nice. I would highly recommend him for any plastic surgery need especially if you are considering a breast augmentation.
    I am so glad that my unique sizing process helped you decide on the best implant size for your breast augmentation surgery. I will let my staff know that you were very happy with their attention and care as well. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other women that are looking for the best plastic surgeon to care for them.
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    I was referred to Dr. Fryer by a friend. My husband and I had been to other consultations, but felt we had found our Doctor after our first meeting with Dr. Fryer. Upon consultation his perspective on the surgery and his willingness to listen and communicate with me, made the whole process smooth and free from anxiety. I felt that he was able to listen to my needs and overall desired results. He addressed any concerns, and gave me a realistic approach to post op and the transition process. I tol
    I am glad you felt like we listened to your need and that we achieved your desired results as well. My entire staff makes every effort to make all of my patients feel welcome, safe, and comfortable.
    in Nampa, ID |
    Dr. Richard Fryer lived up to every standard I had in my mind after reading his reviews, and then exceeded them with his performance of my own surgery. He listened to every concern I had with my breasts and my stomach, understood what I wanted and needed to have changed with my surgery. My breasts had to be re-augmented and it was complicated with problems on both sides. After seeing the results, I was thrilled to say the least. Highly recommend! I will go to him for my plastic surgery needs.
    I perform a lot of complex breast augmentation revision surgeries and am so glad that you feel like we exceeded your expectations with the result. These are some of the most difficult surgeries to perform and you definitely want the right doctor taking care of you.
    in Provo, UT |
    Dr Fryer is FANTASTIC! Not only is he a great surgeon but he is also a very kind sensitive person who handled all of my appointments with professionalism and understanding. He was the ONLY surgeon that had a true sizing process that helped me to find the best size for my body type and desired result. I would recommend him to anybody interested in breast augmentation. You won't be disappointed.
    I am so glad you appreciated the sizing process and that you feel like we were able to achieve the best size for your body type and desired result. My sizing process as well as my perspective on breast augmentation is quite unique and it seems to get patients very excited every time I perform surgery.
    in Farmington, UT |
    Dr Fryer is the best doctor I have ever been to. He made this process comfortable and easy. You can really tell her cares about his patients and wants what is best for them. I had a breast augmentation and went from a 32A to a 34C (375CC Saline implants). He made sure that the sizing would fit my body and that I would be happy with the results. His work is beautiful! I am one week post op and could not be happier or feel better. I would recommend Dr Fryer to anyone!
    Thanks to patients just like you that are willing to share their experience with other women I have become the most and best rated plastic surgeon in the Intermountain west. I am so glad that we had the opportunity to care for you and that you are so excited about your breast augmentation result!
    Have you seen Dr. Richard Fryer, MD?

Dr. Fryer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fryer says...

Dr. Fryer has become the most highly reviewed plastic surgeon in the Intermountain West with not only the most reviews, but also the best reviews. You can rely on other patients' experiences to help you decide on Dr. Fryer for your breast augmentation, breast lift, abdominoplasty, or mommy makeover surgery. Dr. Fryer and his experienced staff will make you feel confident from the moment you enter the clinic.

Dr. Fryer is an owner of the surgery center (Canyon Crest Surgery) and the skin care center (Clarity Skin) where you will feel welcomed and well cared for.

Dr. Fryer is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board certification accepted and acknowledged by hospitals and surgery centers nationwide for expertise and training in cosmetic surgery.  After completing a full general surgery residency (which included multiple rotations in plastic surgery) he also finished a full plastic surgery residency which included reconstructive and also cosmetic surgery.

Dr. Fryer says...

Dr. Fryer has become one of the busiest breast surgeons in the entire country and is widely known for his very natural outcomes. This results from his unique sizing system and his in-depth knowledge of the pertinent anatomy of the breast and chest. Dr. Fryer will determine a range of sizes that "fits" your specific anatomy and then with the help of his outstanding nurses you will be able to select the size that helps you feel your best. Surgical recovery is also minimized by his minimal blood loss technique that is unparalleled in this area. The majority of patients are done taking pain medication by day 2 or 3 and up to 20% of his patients never use the narcotic medication at all. There is a reason why Dr. Fryer has the most, and the best, reviews for breast augmentation.

Dr. Fryer also performs tummy tucks and combines this frequently with breast surgery ("mommy makeover"). His attention to detail and expertise is readily seen in his tummy tuck patients and their excellent outcomes.

Dr. Fryer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Fryer has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fryer's Board Certifications

University Utah Hospital

Completed in 2004

University of Utah

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Fryer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fryer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Brow Lift
    • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
    • Cosmetic Laser Surgery
    • Cosmetic Procedure
    • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
    • Facelift
    • Mommy Makeover
    • Nasal Surgery
    • Neck Lift
    • Neck Liposuction
    • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
    • Ptosis (Eyelids) Surgery