Dr. Richard H. Fryer, MD

Dr. Richard H. Fryer, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 47 years old

In my practice I combine surgical precision, a keen knowledge of the anatomy, and compassionate patient interaction to achieve the highest level of satisfaction and best clinical outcomes for my patients. I implement changes based on patient feedback and on sound research and data. I am proactive in my approach to prevent adverse patient outcomes. My patients are my best advertisement so I invest my time, effort and expertise in obtaining the best results for my patients. -Richard Fryer, MDRead more

Dr. Fryer's Experience

See how Dr. Fryer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fryer

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Fryer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Fryer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fryer to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Fryer
Dr. Fryer's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (275)
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Fryer took very good care of me, answered all my questions and was very detailed in his explanation of what was possible, as well as exactly how he planned to work with my unique situation to resolve my scar, loose skin, and asymmetry in my 13 year old breast augmentation
in Draper, Ut |
I shopped doctors before my procedure and Dr. Fryer impressed me the most. He is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. He recommended that I get the ultra high profile silicone implants and I am so glad I did! I'm a tiny thing, 5'2" 97lbs, and anything wider than the ultra high profile implants would have made me look chubby. These implants fit my frame perfectly and are very proportionate. Dr. Fryer even suggested doing 2 different amounts on each side (320cc in one, 350cc in the other)
in Palmer, alaska |
Dr. Fryer is a genuinely nice and, sincere doctor. He listens and asks lots of questions in hopes of finding what you are wanting for your body. With the help of dr fryer we chose High profile silicone implants, 375 cc ea, with a lollipop lift The office staff, surgical staff and Dr. Fryer did an amazing job with my appts, pre-opt, surgery and post-Opt. I'm completely satisfied already and it's only been 4 days out. I can't wait to see final product. Thank you thank you
in Grand junction co |
I had my augmentation in June and from consultation to follow ups he and his staff have been helpful and professional. I love my results! Fryer helped me set a realistic goal and put my health and results as first priority. If I decide to have anything further done I will definitely be seeing him again Thanks again Dr.Fryer and Staff!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
After breastfeeding 3 kids for a year each I went from a B cup to a AA cup. Wanted to get some back- did 280 cc high profile plus implants for a big B or small C result. Dr Fryer was awesome from start to finish. Recovery has been pretty good and the implants look and feel even better than I thought they would! He had good bedside manner, is very knowledgeable and skilled at his job, and was very competitively priced.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Fryer. I can't say enough good about him and his staff. From the second I walked in they made me feel 100% comfortable. Dr. Fryer spent a lot of time with me and I feel like he really listened and cared about what I wanted my results to be. He gave me suggestions that would fit what I wanted. I appreciated the direction and appreciated the kindness help he gave me. They answered all my questions and then some. I would recommend him to any and everyone. Happy!
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Fryer was great! I am so hsppy with the results! His office, staff and nurses were all wonderful to work with. I always felt comfortable asking all of my questions! He made sure to set the expectations upfront so I knew exactly what to expect throughout the process. I saw several surgoen across the valley and decided he was the winner! I am so glad I went with him!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
If you are looking for a doctor that is a realist and truly cares about the end result, Dr. Fryer is for you! He was absolutely outstanding throughout the entire experience, not to mention did an amazing job! His office staff are also just as amazing and make you feel comfortable. Dr. Fryer came highly recommended and he did not disappoint!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been wanting to have a breast augmentation done since I was a teenager. I was that girl who needed nothing more than a training bra, even as an adult. I was nothing but ribs and skin and very self-conscious about my appearance. I wore ultra-padded bras just to hide the fact that I hadn’t grown breasts like all my friends and my sisters. I would go to great lengths to choose just the right swim top that would have enough padding to make it seem like I had something there. I felt like I was
in Bountiful, UT |
So knowledgeable, skilled, and sincere. He truly is amazing, an example to all physicians!
Thank you so much for your comments. It is so important to choose the best plastic surgeon for your needs and other patients rely on your reviews to help them feel comfortable with their choice.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I went to Dr. Fryer for breast augmentation. He was friendly, and informative. He spent the necessary time with me to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable. Every step of the way, him and his staff were there to talk to me and make sure I knew what was going on. I am 1 week post-op, and I haven't had any major pain! I have experienced pressure from the implants, and occasional slight discomfort which is unavoidable. I am 100% happy with my choice!
I am so glad that you had such a positive experience in my clinic with both my staff and myself. When choosing the best plastic surgeon to trust with breast augmentation reading your comments is invaluable for other patients!
Herriman, UT |
It's been a year and half since my breast augmentation surgery with Dr Fryer, and I am still amazed at the results! He and his staff were so helpful, and truly listened to what I wanted. Proportion, size, look...everything turned out perfect! Love it! I have recommend several people since my surgery to Dr Fryer and I will continue to!!
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your breast augmentation experience -- I'm glad that you are still so excited about the results a year and a half later that you want to tell people about it. I'm so glad that we were able to give you the results that you wanted.
in UT |
I met Dr. Fryer after I had most of my nose removed due to skin cancer. This was a very scary time for me and Dr. Fryer was very considerate and patient with me. He walked me through every step of my reconstruction process. He was meticulous in creating a nose that looks normal. Many who I meet now do not even realize I've had the surgeries on my nose. I can not thank Dr. Fryer enough for giving me back my normal. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon.
Thank you for your review -- it helps so much when people are looking for a plastic surgeon that they can trust.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I decided to see Dr. Fryer about a breast augmentation before anyone else based on his great reviews on realself and other websites. I'll admit he's the only one I ended up getting a consult with and I haven't had any cosmetic procedures before this, but I felt so comfortable with him during my consult- he answered all of my questions and didn't rush or make me feel stupid or objectified. He took interest in why I wanted the procedure and made recommendations based on that, and told me WHY he ma
I am so glad that you had such a great experience with your breast augmentation consultation in my office. My staff and I do everything possible to make sure you get the best experience possible.
South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Fryer and his staff are impeccable. To providing a custom surgery plan based on my body and needs along with taking the time to answer every question I had. Choosing Dr. Fryer was the best decision I have made.
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with an experience worth telling other women who are looking for a plastic surgeon that can provide the best possible experience and results.
in Ogden, UT |
Dr. Fryer is amazing I went to see him for a breast augmentation and from the beginning him and his staff were amazing. When trying on different sizes there was no pressure to pick a certain size and they allow you to take the time needed to decide what was best for you. Dr. Fryer calls you the night after your surgery to check on how you are feeling which I thought was very nice. I would highly recommend him for any plastic surgery need especially if you are considering a breast augmentation.
I am so glad that my unique sizing process helped you decide on the best implant size for your breast augmentation surgery. I will let my staff know that you were very happy with their attention and care as well. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other women that are looking for the best plastic surgeon to care for them.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I was referred to Dr. Fryer by a friend. My husband and I had been to other consultations, but felt we had found our Doctor after our first meeting with Dr. Fryer. Upon consultation his perspective on the surgery and his willingness to listen and communicate with me, made the whole process smooth and free from anxiety. I felt that he was able to listen to my needs and overall desired results. He addressed any concerns, and gave me a realistic approach to post op and the transition process. I tol
I am glad you felt like we listened to your need and that we achieved your desired results as well. My entire staff makes every effort to make all of my patients feel welcome, safe, and comfortable.
in Nampa, ID |
Dr. Richard Fryer lived up to every standard I had in my mind after reading his reviews, and then exceeded them with his performance of my own surgery. He listened to every concern I had with my breasts and my stomach, understood what I wanted and needed to have changed with my surgery. My breasts had to be re-augmented and it was complicated with problems on both sides. After seeing the results, I was thrilled to say the least. Highly recommend! I will go to him for my plastic surgery needs.
I perform a lot of complex breast augmentation revision surgeries and am so glad that you feel like we exceeded your expectations with the result. These are some of the most difficult surgeries to perform and you definitely want the right doctor taking care of you.
in Provo, UT |
Dr Fryer is FANTASTIC! Not only is he a great surgeon but he is also a very kind sensitive person who handled all of my appointments with professionalism and understanding. He was the ONLY surgeon that had a true sizing process that helped me to find the best size for my body type and desired result. I would recommend him to anybody interested in breast augmentation. You won't be disappointed.
I am so glad you appreciated the sizing process and that you feel like we were able to achieve the best size for your body type and desired result. My sizing process as well as my perspective on breast augmentation is quite unique and it seems to get patients very excited every time I perform surgery.
in Farmington, UT |
Dr Fryer is the best doctor I have ever been to. He made this process comfortable and easy. You can really tell her cares about his patients and wants what is best for them. I had a breast augmentation and went from a 32A to a 34C (375CC Saline implants). He made sure that the sizing would fit my body and that I would be happy with the results. His work is beautiful! I am one week post op and could not be happier or feel better. I would recommend Dr Fryer to anyone!
Thanks to patients just like you that are willing to share their experience with other women I have become the most and best rated plastic surgeon in the Intermountain west. I am so glad that we had the opportunity to care for you and that you are so excited about your breast augmentation result!
Have you seen Dr. Richard H. Fryer, MD?

Dr. Fryer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fryer says...

Dr. Fryer has become the most highly reviewed plastic surgeon in the Intermountain West with not only the most reviews, but also the best reviews. You can rely on other patients' experiences to help you decide on Dr. Fryer for your breast augmentation, breast lift, abdominoplasty, or mommy makeover surgery. Dr. Fryer and his experienced staff will make you feel confident from the moment you enter the clinic.

Dr. Fryer is an owner of the surgery center (Canyon Crest Surgery) and the skin care center (Clarity Skin) where you will feel welcomed and well cared for.

Dr. Fryer is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board certification accepted and acknowledged by hospitals and surgery centers nationwide for expertise and training in cosmetic surgery.  After completing a full general surgery residency (which included multiple rotations in plastic surgery) he also finished a full plastic surgery residency which included reconstructive and also cosmetic surgery.

Dr. Fryer says...

Dr. Fryer has become one of the busiest breast surgeons in the entire country and is widely known for his very natural outcomes. This results from his unique sizing system and his in-depth knowledge of the pertinent anatomy of the breast and chest. Dr. Fryer will determine a range of sizes that "fits" your specific anatomy and then with the help of his outstanding nurses you will be able to select the size that helps you feel your best. Surgical recovery is also minimized by his minimal blood loss technique that is unparalleled in this area. The majority of patients are done taking pain medication by day 2 or 3 and up to 20% of his patients never use the narcotic medication at all. There is a reason why Dr. Fryer has the most, and the best, reviews for breast augmentation.

Dr. Fryer also performs tummy tucks and combines this frequently with breast surgery ("mommy makeover"). His attention to detail and expertise is readily seen in his tummy tuck patients and their excellent outcomes.

Dr. Fryer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Fryer has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fryer's Board Certifications

University Utah Hospital

Completed in 2004

University of Utah

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Fryer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fryer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Brow Lift
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Laser Surgery
  • Cosmetic Procedure
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Facelift
  • Mommy Makeover
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Ptosis (Eyelids) Surgery
  • Wrinkle Reduction by Injection
  • Wrinkle Removal

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.