Dr. Richard Frank, MD

Hematology ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Frank

Dr. Richard Frank, MD is a hematology specialist in Norwalk, CT and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from State University Of New York At Stony Brook in 1989 and specializes in hematology and medical oncology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Frank accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Frank has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(203) 845-4811Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Frank's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Frank's Top Procedures and Conditions

Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma

Dr. Frank treats Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Frank treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Lymphoma, Large-Cell

Dr. Frank treats Lymphoma, Large-Cell more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Frank treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic

• Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemophilia
  • Hemophilia A
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Malignant Histiocytosis
  • Pituitary Gland Cancer
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Purpura
  • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
  • Reticulosarcoma
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Small Intestine Cancer
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Thalassemia
  • Thoracentesis
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombosis
  • Thymomas
  • von Willebrand Disease

I am totally dedicated to caring for you and your well-being.

• Hematology

1996
1989
1985

• "Top Doctors" Stamford Magazine, 2012
  • National Institute of Health Mentored Clinical Scientist Development Award, 1996-2000
  • National Cancer Institute Physician/Scientist Award, 1995
  • "Top Doctors" Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area, 2012
  • "Top Doctors" Fairfield Living Magazine, 2012
  • Humanitarian Award, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Fairfield County, 2005
  • "Top Doctors" Medical Oncologist, U.S. News & World Report, 2011
  • Community Clinical Scientist Award, Association of Community Cancer Centers, 2007
  • "Top Doctors" Greemwich, Westport, and New Canaan/Darien Magazines, 2012

86.20689655172414%

Dr. Frank?
Dr. Frank's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Frank, MD
I recently accompanied a close friend during her fight against cancer. Although she eventually lost that fight, she was given the greatest possible support by Dr. Richard Frank. At every stage, he listened, thought, and helped her effectively with a large range of treatments, extending her life for much longer than any of us could have expected or even hoped. He at all times combined his specialized professional knowledge with sensitivity, spent extra time explaining risks but at the same time a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
Dr. Richard Frank is a wonderful Doctor, he's kind and generous with my mother. He gave us lots of valuable information that really helped me and my mother thank you so much Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Frank for two years. i find him to be competent, caring and compassionate. He listens to your questions and answers them frankly with kindness . I feel his experience and and expertise assures me he is making the right decision for my survival. I would highly recommend him . Janet Davis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
My experience with Dr. Frank while being treated for lung cancer has only been positive. He is a compassionate doctor whose honesty and ability to provide answers to your questions results in a totally trusting doctor/patient relationship. I have never felt rushed during appointments, and always feel that he is listening. I appreciate the breadth of his knowledge and expertise and feel I have always been in the best hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
Before meeting Dr. Richard Frank in 2013 following my Follicular Lymphoma diagnosis, I read his remarkable book, Fighting Cancer With Knowledge & Hope, and was in awe of how simply he communicated his vast knowledge of everything cancer. From our first appointment on, Dr. Frank has been consistently approachable while also being authoritative enough for me to feel safe. I adore this man and am grateful everyday to have discovered so priceless a treasure in my own back yard.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
Dr Frank has been treating my husband for esophageal cancer since July 2015. He's been quick to start treatment, sympathetic to our feelings, understanding to our needs, and we honestly feel that he cares about his patients. The staff and nurses at Whittingham Center are also very caring and considerate. We trust them and highly recommend both Dr Frank and the Whittingham Cancer Treatment Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I was diagnosed with a blood cancer in 2010. Dr. Frank has been my doctor since then. What an amazing man, he saved my life. I'm so thankful for him, he made my battle easier. He,s a blessing to many..Thank you Dr. Frank for caring...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
Dr. Frank saved my life.Age 77 i fell and broke femur right leg.This led to discovery of lymphoma throughout my body.Dr.Frank Consulted with Yale Drs expert in this procedure to operate and set the fracture of femur which they did very successfully.I then went under months of carefully monitored Chemotherapy under Dr. Frank,being greatly encouraged by his optimistic demeanor and his wonderful staff.Still cancer free thanks to Dr Frank. Gary J. Starr Pound Ridge NY.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
Complete physician. Provides clearly understood diagnostic recommendations. Improvement of the patients wellness ( both physically and emotionally ) is his primary concern.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I first met Dr. Frank about ten years ago when I had follicular lymphoma. He treated me with rituxan, immuno-therapy. I have been cancer free ever since. Dr. Frank is a good and caring physician and has dedicated his life to cancer research. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I would totally recommend Dr Frank. My father and I consulted with Dr. Frank. We were both impressed with him. He explained the procedures thoroughly. We were very confidant with the process Dr. Franks suggested we would be following. He put our minds at ease, he also had a great bedside manner. When we left his office we both felt like we new Dr Frank for a long time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
There is quite possibly no kinder, gentler, or more compassionate man than Dr. Frank. I was diagnosed at age 34 with stage 4 Hodgkins disease, and Dr. Frank was my life saver. His calm bedside manner helped to ease my stress, and he was always patient to answer and address my and my husband's many questions and concerns about my disease. I am now in good health, thanks to Dr. Frank's care, and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is truly a gift in the medical field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
Dr. Frank was my mother's Dr. when she was admitted through the ER. He was the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever known. He took the time to answer all my family's question and also ensure that the appropriate treatment was given since he believed the former doctor had diagnosed her incorrectly. In addition to treating my mother, I referred my best friend to him, and he too was extremently happy with Dr. Frank's attention and expertise. I would highly recommend him!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I chose Dr. Frank, rather than going to Yale or Sloan Kettering. Throughout chemo Dr. Frank was calm, caring, attentive, and took time to explain symptoms, treatments, side effects, etc. He kept my ?second opinion? oncologist up to date, and later coordinated closely with my radiologist. In 14 annual post treatment checkups since that rather unpleasant time, Dr. Frank always takes extra time to ask about my health and life. I am fortunate to have found Dr. Frank when I needed him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I am a difficult patient. I know my stuff and often grill doctors like a prosecutor going after an accused murderer. When a routine blood count revealed abnormalities, I was sent to Dr. Frank. I have never had a better, smarter, more honest, or more caring doctor. If anything, he takes his job too seriously, and gets too personally involved with his patients. I am stunned at the negative reviews--all by the same person I expect--and would, and did, trust Dr. Frank with my life. Lucky me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer back in 2007. Under the guidance of Dr. Frank, and almost a year of operation after operation and several rounds of Chemo I made a full recovery. It's been close to 9 years since my diagnosis and I can only thank Dr. Frank for the wonderful job he did. I would recommend him to anyone in need of an excellent oncologist who's compassionate, honest and sympathetic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?
The relationship between patient and physician is based on trust and gives rise to physicians’ ethical obligations to place patients’ welfare above their own self-interest and to advocate for their patients’ welfare.Unfortunately there was no trust with DrFrank there are multiple times werent any return calls and show no care for patients' welfare as he was so arrogant and spoke more about himself and how great he was instead of advocating for his patient and spending time discussing her needs
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Frank, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Frank?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Frank treats patients.

Norwalk Hospital