Dr. Richard D. Folan, MD

Dr. Richard D. Folan, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 64 years old

Empathetic care for all GI disorders. In addition, national guidelines for appropriate colonoscopy screening and follow-up are adhered to. This optimizes cancer prevention while minimizing the chance of screening sooner than necessary.Read more

Dr. Folan's Experience

See how Dr. Folan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Folan

Dr. Folan accepts 32 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Folan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Folan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Folan to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Folan
Dr. Folan's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (36)
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great experience with Dr. Richard Folan. I have had several bouts of diverticulitis and he always returns my phone calls personally.
Englewood, CO |
Dr. Flan was very professional and took very good care of me.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan and all of his staff were great this was my second procedure with Dr. Folan and it's been ten years since my last and I was surprised when Dr. Folan remembered my last procedure. Everyone was great and made the procedure go so well. Thank you to Dr. Folan and his staff
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I just had a couple of procedures performed by Dr. Folan. I consider myself an expert when it comes to customer service and knowing how patients want to be treated. I wish that I could add an extra star on this review. The doctor and staff were extremely professional and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I had no discomfort. In fact, I appreciated the warm blankets and warm socks I was given. There is a lot of attention to detail regarding patient care. Dr. Folan is a 10!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent physician and staff with GACS. They made the experience of getting a colonoscopy literally painless and minimized discomfort. I would recommend Dr. Folan and the GACS team to all.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Entire procedure went quickly and smoothly. Dr. Folan has a very supportive and comforting manner.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The entire staff from the front desk to the nurses and doctors were friendly and caring. Dr Folan stopped in prior to the procedure to ask about my concerns and afterward to let me know the results. The nurses put me right at ease with their friendliness and professionalism. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have worked with Dr. Folan for quite a few years and is very personable and good at what he does, you will be in good hands if you need a good Gastro doc.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan always listens to me as a patient and he has approached my issues with always very good solutions and has not recommended unnecessary tests and procedures. He is a very competent and caring Doctor.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He was very professional and listened to our questions and concerns related to my hernias and how they might affect my colonoscopy. As a result Dr. Folan provided a recommendation and referral for a surgeon to repair my hernias.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Folan inspires confidence with his easy-going, but professional manner. He had obviously re-reviewed my chart/file right before my procedure and was focused on my case. His office/staff add many special touches to your care, and are all very helpful and pleasant. My results came in a timely fashion (as promised) in a personal, easy-to-understand format... With all the pertinent medical language also included! A nice feat in itself, and another example of the well-thought out care provided.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Explains procedures in great detail, has great bed side manner, awesome personality
in Canon City, CO |
I needed a colonoscopy and upper GI ASAP. The office staff understood the situation and acted efficiently to get me in. Everyone my wife and I dealt with on the day of the procedure was friendly, helpful and professional. Dr. Folan spoke to us before the procedure and after to assure we had no questions and understood the results. An excellent experience all around.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan has a great sense of humor with his bedside manner. He's very knowledeable and eases a patients mind with his caring concern and expertise in his speciality. He goes over and beyond the call of duty in making testing and diagnosing comfortable.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
We have met before 1 year ago but had to postpone my colonoscopy until now when I felt stronger. Dr. Folan is so kind and easy to talk to. I feel totally confident in his care, he explained everything in terms I can understand, he has calmed my fears. Bless you Dr Folan!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He made me fell like I was a VIP. He was cheerful, patient, and listened to all of my questions, as well as provided me with good answers and options.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
As always, he was fully engaged in how my Mom was doing. He asked and answered questions that I needed, as her guardian, to hear.
Have you seen Dr. Richard D. Folan, MD?
Are you Dr. Folan?

Dr. Folan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Folan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Folan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Folan's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Completed in 1991

St. Anselm College

Graduated in 1974

• Korean

Dr. Folan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Folan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.