Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Richard Folan, MD
Dr. Folan, his wife Kay, and two children moved to Colorado Springs in 1993. He is proud to share that his oldest son has graduated from medical school in 2017 and will be a family practice physician after completing his residency. His daughter is now a 3rd year student, following in his footsteps at his alma mater Georgetown University in Washington D.C.

North Office

• Cofinity
  • Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Folan

Empathetic care for all GI disorders. In addition, national guidelines for appropriate colonoscopy screening and follow-up are adhered to. This optimizes cancer prevention while minimizing the chance of screening sooner than necessary.

Dr. Folan's Experience

Dr. Folan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• St. Anselm College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Folan has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Folan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Folan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Folan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Folan to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Folan's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This guy is a real creep. He kept unnecessarily touching my vulva during my colonoscopy.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This jerk lied to me. The offices smelled and the staff was rude.
Colorado Springs, CO |
This office tries to pressure you into buying a Colonoscopy Prep Kit for $25. The only medicine in this kit is Perrigo Polyethylene Glycol 3350 8.3 Oz that sells for $11.58 on Amazon. The other contents of this kit are unnecessary as you already have what you need at home instead of this stuff. They even have a diaper, wipes and a water bottle in this kit. Come on!! Overcharge of $13.42 for unnecessary items.
Fake patient, doing social media "trolling"
Colorado Springs |
Very caring and attentive doctor and staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan saved my life. At 35yo no one expected that there would be a cancerous tumor in my colon. After colonoscopy Dr. Folan took the time to analyze the CTscan, follow up with surgical consult, refer to oncology and went above and beyond to ensure that I was cared for quickly. His duty to me was technically over after he performed the colonoscopy, but he actually cares about his patients and his commitment to follow through and follow up regarding my health literally saved my life.
Thank you Kelli,you are one the reasons we need to be vigilant with younger patients.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Folan and his staff are first class. Thank you for the coffee after the procedure!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan did a great job, listened to my symptoms and explained the results
Colorado Springs, CO |
The best review I believe a surgeon can receive would be that I didn't feel a thing and there are no lasting side effects. Everything seemed to work out fine and I had to clean report so I'm very happy with the entire procedure.
Monument, CO |
I am impressed with Dr. Folan, the nurses & techs, and the entire GACS team. I would recommend them for a colonoscopy or other GI needs.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Folan and staff. They all made me feel comfortable. Dr. Folan's office staff was friendly and Dr. Folan was quick and efficient. Probably the best experience I could have imagined for this procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent Dr., the staff is first rate.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Bad doctor. Bad place. Bad experience in total. DON'T GO HERE!
A PATIENT NAMED "GERRI" WAS NOT SEEN BY ME, WE CHECKED THE MONTH OF JUNE. SOMEONE IS PLACING 'FAKE' REVIEWS, PLEASE STOP. Dr Folan
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Between the incompetence of the staff and the prevarication of the physician, I must give this establishment my lowest rating. This medical facility is abysmal.
"Timothy" was not in our office on June 13 FAKE REVIEW
in Monument, CO |
Dr Folan has performed two hemorrhoid removal procedures on me. He was very personable and professional. He treated an intestinal problem as well, which made my overall recovery period almost pain free. I highly recommend him should you need treatment.
in Peyton, CO |
Dr. Folan outstanding. He told me everything that was going to be done.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. has treated me twice with absolute excellence and class.
in Colorado Springs, Co |
Very professional, however very little time spent with patient to explain his findings.
in Florissant, CO |
Dr Folan was very nice and efficient.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan is an amazing doctor. I'm a person that's super sensitive to medication, afraid of the doctors office, and I felt totally fine. I really appreciated him slowing down and talking to me, constantly reassuring me that it was all going to be fine. Great doctor, great facility.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan and his staff were wonderful they took really good care of me and made my procedure a breeze, thanks you everything.
Mike, will be watching for your next senior PGA win!
Colorado Springs, CO |
It feels that he is always in a hurry, but he will answer your questions
Thank you, I will keep your comment in mind for the future. RF
in Peyton, CO |
Everything went very smoothly. The staff was took care of all my needs and concerns.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr. Folan is a very experienced, caring specialist. I have gone thru this procedure every year. The use of Propofol eases things considerably as you fall immediately to sleep and wake up without a "hang over." I rec'd a note that same week with the biopsy reports.
Thank you, it is nice to hear that our pathology reports' turn-around is better than we even promise.
in Canon City, CO |
No problems
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am alive today because of Dr. Folan's caring and concern. He followed through on my complaints of not feeling well. Tests revealed an aggressive cancer in a very early stage. He not only educated me on the caner, he took the time to research and find me the best doctors to treat my condition. He has stayed informed of my progress and has helped me through the aftermath of my treatment. It has been 1 year and 8 months since the diagnosis. And I am cancer free as of now!
Debby, you are an inspiration to our entire office, thank you for your comments. Dr F
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I would recommend Dr. Folan as he and his staff are very professional and cared about me as a patient. I was unable to follow through with a procedure and they did not force me but made the final decision up to me after giving me several options.
in Monument, CO |
Best experience... for a colonoscopy, that is. ;)
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan was thoughtful and considerate during my initial assessment and after my procedure. He is highly recommended to others for his professional mannerism. Thanks for making this procedure as routine as possible.
in Florissant, CO |
Dr. Folan takes his time to explain everything. He is very thorough and I have never felt rushed. He is very considerate and kind. I trust him.
in Colorado |
I liked how Dr. Folan came to introduce himself and speak with me both before and after my procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan has been my GI doctor for many years. I am completely satisfied with his evaluation and treatment, and his staff is very helpful.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Overall experience was good although was rather concerned and disappointed he didn't talk with me after my EGD.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan is Top Notch -Professional-Caring and Courteous Highly Reccommended Board Certified Physician - Steve P.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr Richard Folan, is a very good doctor and did a great job! I would recommend anyone to him.
castle rock, CO |
The office was very clear about what was needed before the procedure and available to questions. The procedure was on time and the clinic staff were wonderful. Dr. Folan is excellent, compassionate and clear about results.
Thank you - Castle Rock to Co Springs drive can be challenging, thank you for trusting your care to us.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Explained fully what to expect & told me he would come after procedure & explain what he found. Also encouraged me to ask any questions that I might have. Great bedside manner. Would highly recommend.
in Colorado Springs CO |
Competent staff, great bed-side manner, thorough explanation of findings, dietary recommendations as needed.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great staff and patient awareness. Made the experience easy and pleasant. Really appreciate the entire team.
Amy: thank you for all the referrals- they always mention you. Say hello to Mike when you see him.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very personable and calming!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Little contact--just minor procedure, talked minute before and after. Procedure went well, no problems
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan is professional. very charismatic plus a great Doctor.
Eric, thank you, we certainly go back many years. RF
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great experience with Dr. Richard Folan. I have had several bouts of diverticulitis and he always returns my phone calls personally.
Steve: thanks, we need to see more of you- outside the office.
Englewood, CO |
Dr. Flan was very professional and took very good care of me.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan and all of his staff were great this was my second procedure with Dr. Folan and it's been ten years since my last and I was surprised when Dr. Folan remembered my last procedure. Everyone was great and made the procedure go so well. Thank you to Dr. Folan and his staff
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I just had a couple of procedures performed by Dr. Folan. I consider myself an expert when it comes to customer service and knowing how patients want to be treated. I wish that I could add an extra star on this review. The doctor and staff were extremely professional and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I had no discomfort. In fact, I appreciated the warm blankets and warm socks I was given. There is a lot of attention to detail regarding patient care. Dr. Folan is a 10!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent physician and staff with GACS. They made the experience of getting a colonoscopy literally painless and minimized discomfort. I would recommend Dr. Folan and the GACS team to all.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Entire procedure went quickly and smoothly. Dr. Folan has a very supportive and comforting manner.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The entire staff from the front desk to the nurses and doctors were friendly and caring. Dr Folan stopped in prior to the procedure to ask about my concerns and afterward to let me know the results. The nurses put me right at ease with their friendliness and professionalism. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have worked with Dr. Folan for quite a few years and is very personable and good at what he does, you will be in good hands if you need a good Gastro doc.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He was very professional and listened to our questions and concerns related to my hernias and how they might affect my colonoscopy. As a result Dr. Folan provided a recommendation and referral for a surgeon to repair my hernias.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Folan, MD?

See our Gastroenterology Specialist at Penrose-St. Francis Health Services