Dr. Richard Folan, MD

Dr. Richard Folan, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 64 years old

82 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Empathetic care for all GI disorders. In addition, national guidelines for appropriate colonoscopy screening and follow-up are adhered to. This optimizes cancer prevention while minimizing the chance of screening sooner than necessary.Read more

Dr. Folan's Experience

See how Dr. Folan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Folan

Dr. Folan accepts 32 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Folan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Folan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Folan to family and friends
Dr. Folan's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Terrible "doctor". This guy lied to me about everything. After waiting for over an hour, he finally stumbled in and called me by the wrong name. After I corrected him, he began explaining about an upper endoscopy. I had to correct him again that this procedure was a colonoscopy. He then mumbled something and walked out. He totally ignored my concerns
in Florissant, CO |
Dr Folan was very nice and efficient.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan is an amazing doctor. I'm a person that's super sensitive to medication, afraid of the doctors office, and I felt totally fine. I really appreciated him slowing down and talking to me, constantly reassuring me that it was all going to be fine. Great doctor, great facility.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan and his staff were wonderful they took really good care of me and made my procedure a breeze, thanks you everything.
Colorado Springs, CO |
It feels that he is always in a hurry, but he will answer your questions
in Peyton, CO |
Everything went very smoothly. The staff was took care of all my needs and concerns.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr. Folan is a very experienced, caring specialist. I have gone thru this procedure every year. The use of Propofol eases things considerably as you fall immediately to sleep and wake up without a "hang over." I rec'd a note that same week with the biopsy reports.
in Canon City, CO |
No problems
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am alive today because of Dr. Folan's caring and concern. He followed through on my complaints of not feeling well. Tests revealed an aggressive cancer in a very early stage. He not only educated me on the caner, he took the time to research and find me the best doctors to treat my condition. He has stayed informed of my progress and has helped me through the aftermath of my treatment. It has been 1 year and 8 months since the diagnosis. And I am cancer free as of now!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I would recommend Dr. Folan as he and his staff are very professional and cared about me as a patient. I was unable to follow through with a procedure and they did not force me but made the final decision up to me after giving me several options.
in Monument, CO |
Best experience... for a colonoscopy, that is. ;)
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan was thoughtful and considerate during my initial assessment and after my procedure. He is highly recommended to others for his professional mannerism. Thanks for making this procedure as routine as possible.
in Florissant, CO |
Dr. Folan takes his time to explain everything. He is very thorough and I have never felt rushed. He is very considerate and kind. I trust him.
in Colorado |
I liked how Dr. Folan came to introduce himself and speak with me both before and after my procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan has been my GI doctor for many years. I am completely satisfied with his evaluation and treatment, and his staff is very helpful.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Overall experience was good although was rather concerned and disappointed he didn't talk with me after my EGD.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan is Top Notch -Professional-Caring and Courteous Highly Reccommended Board Certified Physician - Steve P.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr Richard Folan, is a very good doctor and did a great job! I would recommend anyone to him.
in Manitou Springs, CO |
Unfortunately, I would not recommend this practice. I am a registered nurse with over 22 years of experience, and I was highly disappointed that it took two visits and several phone calls to his office to get a laboratory test ordered to recheck my mother for C. Diff. I finally got tired of waiting (it had been three weeks) so I took my mother to another GI clinic. Turns out that my elderly mother was suffering from diverticulitis and C. Diff.
castle rock, CO |
The office was very clear about what was needed before the procedure and available to questions. The procedure was on time and the clinic staff were wonderful. Dr. Folan is excellent, compassionate and clear about results.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Explained fully what to expect & told me he would come after procedure & explain what he found. Also encouraged me to ask any questions that I might have. Great bedside manner. Would highly recommend.
in Colorado Springs CO |
Competent staff, great bed-side manner, thorough explanation of findings, dietary recommendations as needed.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great staff and patient awareness. Made the experience easy and pleasant. Really appreciate the entire team.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very personable and calming!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Little contact--just minor procedure, talked minute before and after. Procedure went well, no problems
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan is professional. very charismatic plus a great Doctor.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great experience with Dr. Richard Folan. I have had several bouts of diverticulitis and he always returns my phone calls personally.
Englewood, CO |
Dr. Flan was very professional and took very good care of me.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan and all of his staff were great this was my second procedure with Dr. Folan and it's been ten years since my last and I was surprised when Dr. Folan remembered my last procedure. Everyone was great and made the procedure go so well. Thank you to Dr. Folan and his staff
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I just had a couple of procedures performed by Dr. Folan. I consider myself an expert when it comes to customer service and knowing how patients want to be treated. I wish that I could add an extra star on this review. The doctor and staff were extremely professional and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I had no discomfort. In fact, I appreciated the warm blankets and warm socks I was given. There is a lot of attention to detail regarding patient care. Dr. Folan is a 10!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent physician and staff with GACS. They made the experience of getting a colonoscopy literally painless and minimized discomfort. I would recommend Dr. Folan and the GACS team to all.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Entire procedure went quickly and smoothly. Dr. Folan has a very supportive and comforting manner.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The entire staff from the front desk to the nurses and doctors were friendly and caring. Dr Folan stopped in prior to the procedure to ask about my concerns and afterward to let me know the results. The nurses put me right at ease with their friendliness and professionalism. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have worked with Dr. Folan for quite a few years and is very personable and good at what he does, you will be in good hands if you need a good Gastro doc.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan always listens to me as a patient and he has approached my issues with always very good solutions and has not recommended unnecessary tests and procedures. He is a very competent and caring Doctor.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He was very professional and listened to our questions and concerns related to my hernias and how they might affect my colonoscopy. As a result Dr. Folan provided a recommendation and referral for a surgeon to repair my hernias.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Folan inspires confidence with his easy-going, but professional manner. He had obviously re-reviewed my chart/file right before my procedure and was focused on my case. His office/staff add many special touches to your care, and are all very helpful and pleasant. My results came in a timely fashion (as promised) in a personal, easy-to-understand format... With all the pertinent medical language also included! A nice feat in itself, and another example of the well-thought out care provided.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Explains procedures in great detail, has great bed side manner, awesome personality
in Canon City, CO |
I needed a colonoscopy and upper GI ASAP. The office staff understood the situation and acted efficiently to get me in. Everyone my wife and I dealt with on the day of the procedure was friendly, helpful and professional. Dr. Folan spoke to us before the procedure and after to assure we had no questions and understood the results. An excellent experience all around.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan has a great sense of humor with his bedside manner. He's very knowledeable and eases a patients mind with his caring concern and expertise in his speciality. He goes over and beyond the call of duty in making testing and diagnosing comfortable.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
We have met before 1 year ago but had to postpone my colonoscopy until now when I felt stronger. Dr. Folan is so kind and easy to talk to. I feel totally confident in his care, he explained everything in terms I can understand, he has calmed my fears. Bless you Dr Folan!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He made me fell like I was a VIP. He was cheerful, patient, and listened to all of my questions, as well as provided me with good answers and options.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
As always, he was fully engaged in how my Mom was doing. He asked and answered questions that I needed, as her guardian, to hear.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Folan, MD?
Are you Dr. Folan?

Dr. Folan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Folan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Folan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Folan's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Completed in 1991

St. Anselm College

Graduated in 1974

• Korean

Dr. Folan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Folan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)