Dr. Richard Fichman, MD

Dr. Richard Fichman, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Richard Fichman, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Manchester, CT. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 38 years.

178 Hartford Rd Ste 120

Manchester, CT 06040

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Fichman

See how frequently Dr. Fichman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract Removal Surgery
Senile Cataracts
high
Cataract
high

Dr. Fichman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Trichiasis
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • St Mary's Hospital and Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Kings County Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Fichman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fichman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fichman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fichman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fichman to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Fichman's Performance
Torrington, CT |
I didn't see Dr Fichman, but His associates were pleasant and thorough..
in Manchester, CT |
Came here for an eye exam and glasses. I saw Dr. Oslin who gave me a very thorough exam. She sat me down with the optician Harry who was very knowledgeable about my insurance coverage. He made recommendations that suited my needs. Overall he was extremely friendly and made the whole experience fun!
in New Britain, CT |
I had cataract surgery and I was totally impressed by the entire process. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The surgery nurse sat down with me and explained everything before surgery. Dr Fichman is a wonderful doctor. I would recommend this practice especially for cataract surgery in a minute! Dolores Lemelin
in Saugatuck, CT |
I was seen by Dr. Reasoner, and given a quality exam. He is excellent. I also worked with an optician Harry Celantano whom I found to be very good at his job and was very pleased with the results. Their Optical Department Manager, Marisol Colon, runs a quality ship. An overall pleasant experience.
Hartford, CT |
I went to Dr. Fichman office in Manchester, CT to get my eye classes fixed and make a appointment for an eye exam. Marisol colon was the lady in the optical department I talked to about getting my classes fixed. She is such a nice person with a great attitude. The customer service I received was outstanding. Fischman eye center did a great job when they hired Marisol. Marvin Wells
in Ellington, Ct |
Had both eyes done by Dr. Fishman for cataract removal and recently returned to him for a Yag procedure to correct a small issue that sometimes follows cataract surgery. He is professional, compassionate, friendly, funny and very good at what he does with both people and their eyes. It is a very busy office and sometimes you do wait a bit but it is worth it because you feel totally comfortable with Dr. Fishman and his staff. Do not hesitate to visit this doctor for your eyecare needs.
in Willimantic, CT |
$300.00 for an routine eye exam. Yes, this is not a typo. This is a yearly routine eye exam. Go somewhere else. After I got the bill I called around and checked other eye doctors and for the same exact exam it would of only cost me my $10 copy. Here is the breakout of the bill. $230 Comprehensive Exam $161 United Healthcare covers $69 I have to pay $65 Refraction $0 United Healthcare covers $65 I pay so $134 Total I paid and $161 health insurance paid. The same exam including the refraction
in Manchester, CT |
The Doctors are wonderful, but the the front desk staff need to be more attentive to their work. I had to call twice to make sure an additional exam was scheduled along with my eye exam. Also, a follow up visit for an eye condition was canceled almost right before I was leaving work for it. They could have called early in the day since they knew the Doctor was not in since the morning, instead they waited to almost appointment time to call and let me know, then they rescheduled me 2 weeks out.
in West Dover, VT |
Very helpful
Have you seen Dr. Richard Fichman, MD?
Are you Dr. Fichman?