Dr. Richard Fessler II, MD

Dr. Richard Fessler II, MD

Endovascular Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Richard Fessler II, MD is an endovascular neurosurgery specialist in Detroit, MI and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from University of Mi Med Sch in 1987 and specializes in endovascular neurosurgery, cerebrovascular disorders, and more.Read his story

22201 Moross Rd Ste 380

Detroit, MI 48236

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cofinity
  • Dimension Health
  • HAP Insurance
  • McLaren Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Fessler II

See how frequently Dr. Fessler II performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cerebrovascular Disease
Brain Aneurysm
Aneurysm

Dr. Fessler II's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Fessler II's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fessler II "Dr. Richard Fessler specializes in complex vascular abnormalities of the brain, neck and spinal cord. He has been the leader in stroke and aneurysm care and established Michigan's first Stroke Network. In addition to being the Chair of surgery for St. John Hospital and Medical Centers, he is also the medical director of the St. John Providence Health System Stroke Network and Telemedicine program. He lead the effort to create a smart phone App called Consult Now which provides neuroscience physicians with a quick and easy way to reach colleagues when a consultation is needed for their patient. This App provides patients with access they might not have otherwise had to the experts to treat their specific need."

This content was provided by Dr. Fessler II "Dr. Fessler's approach to patient care is compassionate and direct in explaining conditions or treatments to patients. Providing patients with the best information possible means constantly staying updated on the latest research and techniques, which he finds adds to his ability to treat patients.

Many of his patients arrive due to an emergency situation. His approach is always gentle and educational and in an expeditious manner so the patient receives the proper treatment quickly.  His gentle nature is often commented on by previous patients"

• Endovascular Neurosurgery
  • Cerebrovascular Disorders
  • Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University of Mi Med Sch
  • Nagoya School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • State University of New York At Buffalo
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Fessler II has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese

Dr. Fessler II does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fessler II and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fessler II's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fessler II to family and friends

Dr. Fessler II's Performance

Dr. Fessler II Says:
"

Your comments and feedback are always welcome. My preference is direct communication if you have a concern you would like me to address. If the care and treatment provided you is worthy of sharing with others, you have my appreciation. Thank you for your feedback.

"

Where do I start? Dr. Fessler saved my life. Dr. Fessler is very understanding and listens to his patients. He is an excellent physician.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Fessler began treating me in April, 1996 and following me after an auto accident in September, 1996. I would and have recommended him to many people. He is highly recognized by his peers and is very knowledgeable in the different aspects of his specialty. He treats each of his patients with the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I went to see him. Very arrogant and rude. Told me my back problems were because of weight. That I should go back in therapy to loose the weight. Went to a different dr. Was diagnosed and going to have surgery because my back is bad.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had to see Dr. Fessler when I was in St. Johns Providence this past weekend. I found his mannerisms to be very offensive when he called me out of my name. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to any of my friends or family members. If this is how he speaks to patients who have not been given prior...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I suffered four years with severe migraines and Dr. Fessler diagnosed me with my first visit before he had me get a MRI. He was a wonderful doctor and was very patient listening to me explain what symptoms I had. I has been to many doctors and specialist doctors that never could diagnoses my health...more