Dr. Richard Ellerkmann, MD

Practices Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 50 reviews.
Author:
He is patient, kind and understanding. Spends time listening. Performed my surgery and gave me back my lifestyle.
Author:
I love Dr ellerkman.he is the best gym Dr. That I've ever had in the 78.5 yrs of my lifetime. I would be willing to recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Ellerkmann was very caring and the surgery has allowed me to return to a normal lifestyle.
Author:
I would like to thank Dr. Ellerkmann for his expertise performing my surgery. He is very caring and professional and takes the appropriate time to explain all aspects of your care in a collaborative manner. My daily lifestyle has definitely improved since my surgery. KH 2019
Author:
He is a wonderful surgeon. Highly skilled, professional, caring in all aspects. I have had 2 very successful procedures that he has performed over the past several years. So appreciative of Dr. Bowie for having recommended Dr. Ellerkmann years ago!
Author:
Dr Ellerkmann makes sure you understand your issue, the possible treatments, and realistic outcomes. He explains everything during your office visit and again before your surgery. He answered all of my questions thoroughly. He was recommended to me because my regular GYN had cancelled my long awaited appointment. I'm glad I made the switch.
Author:
Dr Ellerkman is very kind and caring. He answered all my questions during office and hospital visits. I would reccomend him to everyone.
Author:
Dr. Mark Ellerkmann is an excellent surgeon and has a wonderful demeanor. Your consultation is not rushed and all questions are answered. He provides handouts for you to read on different surgical approaches. Dr. Ellerkmann will give you realistic expectations from surgical intervention. As a retired nurse and patient I highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Ellerkmann takes the time with you and explains everything in detail. I learned more with him in the first visit than I ever did with any other Dr's treating me for same condition. I felt completely comfortable with him. My surgery went well and I feel so much better. I would highly recommend Dr. Ellerkmann!
Author:
Dr. Ellerkmann is an excellent physician. He is kind and patient as well as learned. He is willing to answer all questions. As a retired nurse, I'm not easily impressed, but I have just gone through a surgery with an easier recovery than I expected. I highly recommend Dr. Ellerkmann.
Author:
Besides excellent care, Dr. Ellerkmann has the most efficient office that I have ever seen!
Author:
My medical "issues " developed fairly rapidly and if it had not been for the recommendation by a neighbor that I seek a consult from Dr Ellerkmann I still may be looking for answers. I had never heard of a Urogynecologist , but that is exactly who I needed to see. My initial consult was so informative and Dr Ellerkmann's wisdom, expertise and kind manner made my decision to have surgery easier than I would have thought. His office staff is great too. I would highly recommend DR. Ellerkmann.
Author:
Dr. Ellerkmann is outstanding all around. He sits down with you and explains your condition. He explains the procedure or options to fix the "problem " and then he answers any questions or concerns you may have. An appointment is scheduled in a timely fashion. He fixed my "problems " that I had ever since I can remember. I would highly recommend Dr. Ellerkmann. He is #1 in my book. P.S. I am a patient living on the eastern shore of MD. worth the ride ....??????
Author:
Appointments made quickly. Dr E is very thorough with explaining the surgery using pictures and layman’s terms after his gentle exam. All questions were answered patiently. The robotic procedure is far superior to the traditional incision allowing a very easy recovery. The office staff are polite, efficient, and considerate. I would highly recommend Dr. ellerkman!
Author:
Definitely! Dr. Ellerkmann is an excellent physician. From the preliminary visit in Sept. 2017 to the surgery in Jan. 2018 (hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids), he provided excellent care. His extensive knowledge, skill, recommendations and overall concern put my husband and I at ease and secured our confidence. He did an awesome job! I had minimal discomfort and a speedy recovery after my surgery. I am very thankful for his professional expertise in providing a viable solution for me.
Author:
The results of my surgery have made my life much more comfortable. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ellerkmann to my family and friends that might be experiencing prolapse bladder issues. He took the time to explain the procedure to my husband and me. Thank you
Author:
Dr. Ellerkmann is very professional & personable. He put me at ease immediately, listened attentively, addressed my concerns & gave us a list of options - assuring me that he'd honor my choice & work for the most successful outcome possible. My husband was really impressed by his willingness to answer multiple questions and give in-depth explanations. He never made us feel rushed; we felt as if he had all the time in the world to devote to our concerns. We felt confident in his skills.
Author:
DR Ellerkmann performed my surgery on Jan 8, 2018 for a bladder sling his office is so helpful and prompt with all pre-op issues the surgery was successful and stress free Dr Ellerkmann is an outstanding doctor and a very skilled surgeon i feel very blessed to have him as my doctor Theresa valente
Author:
Dr. Ellerkmann is caring and professional; easy to talk to and good at explaining options. He explained all aspects and aftereffects of potential surgery, answered all my questions without being rushed. The outcome of my outpatient surgery was completely successful, I was treated very well by Mercy Hospital staff.
Author:
Excellent doctor and superb surgeon. Dr. Ellerkman takes the time to listen to your concerns and truly cares about his patients. Staff is friendly and professional. Highly recommended.
Author:
If you're looking for an experienced, highly rated, kindhearted urogynecologist it's Dr. Richard Ellerkmann. He and his staff make every effort to make their patients feel comfortable and well informed. I live an hour and a half away from his practice and don't think twice about the distance I travel to receive his expert care. Gail H.
Author:
I had two surgeries with Dr. Ellerkmann. He has excellent communication skills and a kind manner. I was very impressed with the way he works with his team at the office and hospital. I definitely would recommend him to others.
Author:
I recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy due to pelvic prolapse and I feel better than I have in a long time. Not only is Dr. Ellerkmann a topnotch surgeon, he is a genuinely kind, compassionate person who listens and makes everything easy to understand. I highly recommend this wonderful doctor.
Author:
On July 11,2017 I got a laparoscopic hysterectomy by Dr. Ellerkman at Mercy. When I first went into this I was very nervous because I work in the healthcare field. Eventhing from beginning to end was smooth sailing . During my hospital stay I even received flowers from Dr. Ellerkman which truly warmed my heart. I just had my post op follow up appt and everything went well and is looking great. I would definitely recommend this Doc if you have to get this type of procedure done
Author:
At 51 years of age my active life was coming to an abrupt halt due to UI/POP. I meet with Dr. Ellerkman and was automatically comfortable. He listened to me, was very caring and understanding. He explains everything so you can understand and what can and will be done. And I have never met a doctor with the bedside manner as he has. After my surgery I feel like I have my life back again. I would recommend Dr. Ellerkmann 100%.
Author:
Very patient/kind physician who explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. He always makes me feel at ease. I have suffered from UI/OAB for years without a successful resolution. After researching doctors, I was impressed with his credentials and reviews. He removed my InterStim device, did Botox injections so my bladder finally functions properly. I feel like a woman again/my quality of life has improved tremendously. I highly recommend Dr. Ellerkmann and will be forever grateful.
Author:
Excellent,trustworthy, compassionate, understanding,patient and kind. I went to him with both types of incontinence, frustrated and sad that at 57 years of age. I was having yet another change in my body.. now wearing depends. In my eyes, I was way to young for this. He assured me this is a part of life, some people my age go through, and he had the skill to fix, stress incontinence issue. Dr. Ellerkmann, his staff and staff at Mercy hospital very professional & pleasant.
Author:
Dr. Ellerkman provided all the information I needed to make a very informed decision. I could not be more satisfied with his level of care and expertise. Also the surgical facilities at Mercy were very impressive and everyone I came into contact with was really caring and skilled. It was an added bonus to not have to travel all the way into the city for pre and post appointments.
Author:
Dr Ellerkmann is awesome! Highly recommended if you need a hysterectomy or repair of bladder. June 14, 2016 I had mine. I'm on week 2 of recovery and I feel tremendous!!! I'm so glad I sought him out for him to perform my surgery. Had I of stayed with my prior gyn I surely would've regretted it. Dr Ellerkmann has the knowledge, the skill and a wonderful, caring bed side manner. His office staff is great as well. Very happy I found him! Also everyone at Mercy hospital was fabulous as well!
Author:
I had a large tumor in my uterus as well as a cystocele. I pursued Dr. Ellerkman because of his great reviews, his dual board certification and the medical school he attended. I'm so glad that I did. He explained all my options and respected my concerns. I opted for hysterectomy and prolapse repair using robotic assistance. I recovered more quickly and with much less pain than I had expected after hearing other women's experiences. I'm certain it was due to Dr. Ellerkmann's surgical skills.
Author:
Bladder prolapse for 5 years and after a hysterectomy prolapse returned with a vaginal prolapse, tried a pessary. I got a second opinion from Dr. Ellerkmann who was compassionate and understanding regarding my care and helped my husband to fully understand what I was experiencing for years. I had a vaginal colpocleisis 1/2016 and I am very happy with the outcome. Would have done this 5 years ago. Will be referring friends to him. Assistant Kristen is wonderful too and keeps you at ease.
Author:
I had stress urinary incontinence for 30 yrs. I heard Dr. Ellerkmann speak about this issue at my health club. He explained new procedures that were available. I contacted his office for an appointment and at the first visit Dr. Ellerkmann said he could help me with a transvaginal mesh procedure. He explain the procedure,gave me literature to read and within days I called him back to schedule the procedure. It's now been a month and I have been totally dry. Wish I had known about this yrs ago.