Urogynecology  |
Dr. Richard Ellerkmann, MD
Dr. Richard Ellerkmann, MD is an urogynecology doctor who practices in Lutherville, MD. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Ellerkmann is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Mercy Medical Center.

1734 York Rd

Lutherville, MD 21093

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Ellerkmann

Dr. Ellerkmann takes time to listen to his patients and strives to address their goals and concerns. He believes in minimally invasive surgical and nonsurgical treatments to address a wide variety of female pelvic floor dysfunction including pelvic organ prolapse and female urinary incontinence.

Dr. Ellerkmann's Experience

Dr. Ellerkmann's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urogynecology
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Urogynecology

• Female Incontinence
  • Female Pelvic Disorders
  • Female Urinary Stress Incontinence
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Incontinence
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Dartmouth College
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Maine Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Maine Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Greater Baltimore Medical Center/Johns Hopkins Medicine Urogynecology/Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

• The Best Doctors in America, 2007-2008

Dr. Ellerkmann has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ellerkmann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ellerkmann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ellerkmann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ellerkmann to family and friends
Dr. Ellerkmann's Performance
in Hagerstown, MD |
If you're looking for an experienced, highly rated, kindhearted urogynecologist it's Dr. Richard Ellerkmann. He and his staff make every effort to make their patients feel comfortable and well informed. I live an hour and a half away from his practice and don't think twice about the distance I travel to receive his expert care. Gail H.
Owings Mills, MD |
I had two surgeries with Dr. Ellerkmann. He has excellent communication skills and a kind manner. I was very impressed with the way he works with his team at the office and hospital. I definitely would recommend him to others.
in Nottingham, MD |
I recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy due to pelvic prolapse and I feel better than I have in a long time. Not only is Dr. Ellerkmann a topnotch surgeon, he is a genuinely kind, compassionate person who listens and makes everything easy to understand. I highly recommend this wonderful doctor.
in Baltimore, MD |
On July 11,2017 I got a laparoscopic hysterectomy by Dr. Ellerkman at Mercy. When I first went into this I was very nervous because I work in the healthcare field. Eventhing from beginning to end was smooth sailing . During my hospital stay I even received flowers from Dr. Ellerkman which truly warmed my heart. I just had my post op follow up appt and everything went well and is looking great. I would definitely recommend this Doc if you have to get this type of procedure done
in Dundalk, MD |
At 51 years of age my active life was coming to an abrupt halt due to UI/POP. I meet with Dr. Ellerkman and was automatically comfortable. He listened to me, was very caring and understanding. He explains everything so you can understand and what can and will be done. And I have never met a doctor with the bedside manner as he has. After my surgery I feel like I have my life back again. I would recommend Dr. Ellerkmann 100%.
Bridgeville, DE |
Very patient/kind physician who explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. He always makes me feel at ease. I have suffered from UI/OAB for years without a successful resolution. After researching doctors, I was impressed with his credentials and reviews. He removed my InterStim device, did Botox injections so my bladder finally functions properly. I feel like a woman again/my quality of life has improved tremendously. I highly recommend Dr. Ellerkmann and will be forever grateful.
in Lutherville Timonium, MD |
Excellent,trustworthy, compassionate, understanding,patient and kind. I went to him with both types of incontinence, frustrated and sad that at 57 years of age. I was having yet another change in my body.. now wearing depends. In my eyes, I was way to young for this. He assured me this is a part of life, some people my age go through, and he had the skill to fix, stress incontinence issue. Dr. Ellerkmann, his staff and staff at Mercy hospital very professional & pleasant.
in Baltimore |
Dr. Ellerkman provided all the information I needed to make a very informed decision. I could not be more satisfied with his level of care and expertise. Also the surgical facilities at Mercy were very impressive and everyone I came into contact with was really caring and skilled. It was an added bonus to not have to travel all the way into the city for pre and post appointments.
Columbia MD |
Dr Ellerkmann is awesome! Highly recommended if you need a hysterectomy or repair of bladder. June 14, 2016 I had mine. I'm on week 2 of recovery and I feel tremendous!!! I'm so glad I sought him out for him to perform my surgery. Had I of stayed with my prior gyn I surely would've regretted it. Dr Ellerkmann has the knowledge, the skill and a wonderful, caring bed side manner. His office staff is great as well. Very happy I found him! Also everyone at Mercy hospital was fabulous as well!
in Pasadena MD |
I had a large tumor in my uterus as well as a cystocele. I pursued Dr. Ellerkman because of his great reviews, his dual board certification and the medical school he attended. I'm so glad that I did. He explained all my options and respected my concerns. I opted for hysterectomy and prolapse repair using robotic assistance. I recovered more quickly and with much less pain than I had expected after hearing other women's experiences. I'm certain it was due to Dr. Ellerkmann's surgical skills.
in Catonsville, MD |
Bladder prolapse for 5 years and after a hysterectomy prolapse returned with a vaginal prolapse, tried a pessary. I got a second opinion from Dr. Ellerkmann who was compassionate and understanding regarding my care and helped my husband to fully understand what I was experiencing for years. I had a vaginal colpocleisis 1/2016 and I am very happy with the outcome. Would have done this 5 years ago. Will be referring friends to him. Assistant Kristen is wonderful too and keeps you at ease.
in Sparks,MD |
I had stress urinary incontinence for 30 yrs. I heard Dr. Ellerkmann speak about this issue at my health club. He explained new procedures that were available. I contacted his office for an appointment and at the first visit Dr. Ellerkmann said he could help me with a transvaginal mesh procedure. He explain the procedure,gave me literature to read and within days I called him back to schedule the procedure. It's now been a month and I have been totally dry. Wish I had known about this yrs ago.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Ellerkmann, MD?
Are you Dr. Ellerkmann?