Dr. Richard M. Ellerkmann, MD

Dr. Richard M. Ellerkmann, MD

Urogynecology | Male

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Ellerkmann takes time to listen to his patients and strives to address their goals and concerns. He believes in minimally invasive surgical and nonsurgical treatments to address a wide variety of female pelvic floor dysfunction including pelvic organ prolapse and female urinary incontinence.Read more

Dr. Ellerkmann's Experience

See how Dr. Ellerkmann's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ellerkmann

Dr. Ellerkmann accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ellerkmann has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Ellerkmann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ellerkmann to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Ellerkmann
Dr. Ellerkmann's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (22)
Bridgeville, DE |
Very patient/kind physician who explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. He always makes me feel at ease. I have suffered from UI/OAB for years without a successful resolution. After researching doctors, I was impressed with his credentials and reviews. He removed my InterStim device, did Botox injections so my bladder finally functions properly. I feel like a woman again/my quality of life has improved tremendously. I highly recommend Dr. Ellerkmann and will be forever grateful.
in Lutherville Timonium, MD |
Excellent,trustworthy, compassionate, understanding,patient and kind. I went to him with both types of incontinence, frustrated and sad that at 57 years of age. I was having yet another change in my body.. now wearing depends. In my eyes, I was way to young for this. He assured me this is a part of life, some people my age go through, and he had the skill to fix, stress incontinence issue. Dr. Ellerkmann, his staff and staff at Mercy hospital very professional & pleasant.
in Baltimore |
Dr. Ellerkman provided all the information I needed to make a very informed decision. I could not be more satisfied with his level of care and expertise. Also the surgical facilities at Mercy were very impressive and everyone I came into contact with was really caring and skilled. It was an added bonus to not have to travel all the way into the city for pre and post appointments.
Columbia MD |
Dr Ellerkmann is awesome! Highly recommended if you need a hysterectomy or repair of bladder. June 14, 2016 I had mine. I'm on week 2 of recovery and I feel tremendous!!! I'm so glad I sought him out for him to perform my surgery. Had I of stayed with my prior gyn I surely would've regretted it. Dr Ellerkmann has the knowledge, the skill and a wonderful, caring bed side manner. His office staff is great as well. Very happy I found him! Also everyone at Mercy hospital was fabulous as well!
in Pasadena MD |
I had a large tumor in my uterus as well as a cystocele. I pursued Dr. Ellerkman because of his great reviews, his dual board certification and the medical school he attended. I'm so glad that I did. He explained all my options and respected my concerns. I opted for hysterectomy and prolapse repair using robotic assistance. I recovered more quickly and with much less pain than I had expected after hearing other women's experiences. I'm certain it was due to Dr. Ellerkmann's surgical skills.
in Catonsville, MD |
Bladder prolapse for 5 years and after a hysterectomy prolapse returned with a vaginal prolapse, tried a pessary. I got a second opinion from Dr. Ellerkmann who was compassionate and understanding regarding my care and helped my husband to fully understand what I was experiencing for years. I had a vaginal colpocleisis 1/2016 and I am very happy with the outcome. Would have done this 5 years ago. Will be referring friends to him. Assistant Kristen is wonderful too and keeps you at ease.
in Sparks,MD |
I had stress urinary incontinence for 30 yrs. I heard Dr. Ellerkmann speak about this issue at my health club. He explained new procedures that were available. I contacted his office for an appointment and at the first visit Dr. Ellerkmann said he could help me with a transvaginal mesh procedure. He explain the procedure,gave me literature to read and within days I called him back to schedule the procedure. It's now been a month and I have been totally dry. Wish I had known about this yrs ago.
Have you seen Dr. Richard M. Ellerkmann, MD?
Are you Dr. Ellerkmann?

Compare Dr. Ellerkmann

Lutherville, MD 21093

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Urogynecology