Dr. Richard DiStefano, MD

Dr. Richard DiStefano, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists 5719 Widewaters Pkwy Ste 3 Syracuse, NY 13214 Get Directions

Dr. Richard DiStefano, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Syracuse, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. DiStefano is affiliated with Crouse Hospital and Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center.

Dr. DiStefano's Experience

See how Dr. DiStefano's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. DiStefano

Dr. DiStefano accepts 45 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. DiStefano has admitting privileges.

Dr. DiStefano's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DiStefano to family and friends
3.8
Dr. DiStefano's Performance
in Liverpool, NY |
I can't say enough good things about Dr DiStefano! I am 66 years of age and also transgender. The intersectionality of those two things causes many health care providers to almost dismiss me when I talk and ask questions. (They never behaved in that manner before.) Dr DiStefano was most respectful and engaging. He looked at me when I talked and answered all questions. I appreciate his professional demeanor very much. Tim McCoy
Camillus, NY |
I did not see DiStefano today. I saw (scheduled appointment) John Parker. He did a great job explaining the procedure with me. Was patient and extended extra time to answer my questions
in Watervilet NY |
Had a 2 level lumbar fusion in 2012. At over 4 years post-op the outcome has been very good. Dr. Distefano did a great job and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Groton, NY |
I first met Dr. DiStefano in 2014 with chronic back pain. He did an MRI and it came back with arthritis and stenosis. At that point there was nothing that he could do for me and recommended that I go for physical therapy or chiropractic or possibly injections to block the discomfort. I did the therapy for a period of time and received relief. Fast forward to 2016 and I am once again in severe pain doing PT 2-3 times a week and chiropractor once a week. I am having a MRI with contrast on 1/20.
in Fulton, NY |
Dr DiStefano is wonderful, kind, considerate. I have had three surgeries done by him and I can day enouth good about him
in Blossvale, NY |
I have only seen him twice but like his mannerisms. I'm sure we will have a great patient to Doctor relationship.
in Liverpool, NY |
He answered all my questions. Great bedside manner
in Baldwinsville, NY |
Dr. DiStefano performed back surgery on me 20 years ago when I was 35 years old and it was one of the best decision I have ever made. After living with sciatica for ten years at the time due to a chronic sports injury I had the option of living with the pain forever or risk surgery that could make things better, the same or even worse. It was a risk worth taking as I felt better immediately after surgery. Thanks Dr. DiStefano!
in Carthage, NY |
Love him! Uses language I can understand and showed me my MRI and explained it!
in Solvay, NY |
He listens to you. Takes his time and not rush you. Makes you feel safe and he will take good care of you.
Oneida, NY |
When I received this survey I thought that I was suppose to wait until I was done with surgery, for myself I do not need to wait. Dr. DiStefano has already performed surgery on me. He firstly explains the procedure in detail, then asks you if there are any questions, he answers your questions in detail. He did this with me on my first operation and he did the same this time. In my opinion, Dr. DiStefano is excellent choice for a surgeon.
Cazenovia, NY |
Professional, but friendly. Explains your situation in layman terms, and offers all viable options for treatment/ surgery with expected outcomes.
in Oswego, NY |
He an excellent doctor, great manners and an extrodinary doctor
Cortland, NY |
I like him but he rushes. I could have used 30 sec to absorb the information and formulate a question.
in Camillus, NY |
I did recommend him to my Mother for orthopedic care.
in Syracuse, NY |
I was very pleased with my recent visits with Dr. DiStefano. He was very informative and took time to explain my upcoming procedure in great detail. He took time to get a sample of the hardware that will be used for my procedure and answered all my questions in fine detail. Amy, The doctors assistant that handled setting up all my appointments, was outstanding as well. Stayed calm under what must be a very stressful job. Very professional.
in Jamesville, NY |
He was caring, answered my questions, explained everything about my current situation. He also was highly recommended to me by another patient who had surgery done by Dr. DiStefano.
in Liverpool, NY |
I had a spinal fusion with Dr DiStefano once in 2006 and another in Sept of 2016. Each time my recovery was 100% and I would recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery. He cares about his patients.
Gouverneur, NY |
Dr. DiStefano was very pleasant and helpful. He talked with me as if I were important and not just another patient on his schedule.
in Liverpool NY |
I am new to New York and am appalled at the horrible treatment I have received from the Drs in this state! The doctors in New York are so horrible that I was having an anxiety attack on my way to this see dr. Distefano. My wait time was less than 5 mins and when he came in to see me, he was warm and caring. Sweet natured man who shared a few laughs with me. I was so impressed! Thank you dr distefano for giving me hope to healthcare in this state!!!
in Canastota, NY |
Not much of a bedside manner and never saw him again after the surgery but given that I can walk without pain (most days) I consider this a success.
Syracuse, NY |
I found him to be an excellent surgeon. I enjoyed his quiet and sweet manner. I would most definitely referr friends and family to him.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
Full spectrum failure. Their PT staff refused to work per my neurologists prescription based on a belief I had an arterial dissection which could be stroke inducing. For 2 months. Yet no one said a word to me. When I finally screamed at them the info was relayed to my primary and addressed in one day. 2 months of unneeded suffering for a non existant condition. Can I have the recommended traction now? 3 appointments with distefano and not a peep. Not over yet. You will be hearing from me.
Have you seen Dr. Richard DiStefano, MD?
Are you Dr. DiStefano?

Compare Dr. DiStefano

}

Dr. DiStefano's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. DiStefano has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. DiStefano's Board Certifications

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1989

SUNY Health Science Ctr

Completed in 1994

SUNY Health Science Center Buffalo-Spine Fellowship

Completed in 1995

Yale University

Graduated in 1984

Dr. DiStefano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DiStefano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery