Dr. Richard DiCicco, MD

Dr. Richard DiCicco, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Richard DiCicco, MD is a general surgery specialist in Tampa, FL and has been practicing for 14 years. He specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.Read his story

Learn about Dr. DiCicco

See how frequently Dr. DiCicco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stomach Surgery
Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
high
Obesity
high

Dr. DiCicco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. DiCicco's bio

This content was provided by Dr. DiCicco "I have been performing bariatric surgery in Tampa Bay, FL since 2004 in private practice. I am the Director for Bariatric surgery at Memorial hospital of Tampa, a Bariatric MBSAQIP Centers of Excellence facility. We also are centers for AETNA IOQ, Blue Distinctions, and United Resource Network as well as a Tricare center. I am a surgeon proctor (trainer) for Intuitive Surgical for the da Vinci Robot as well as a national Epi-Center for case observations for Intuitive Surgical Bariatric surgery. In the past I was a proctor for Allergan Lap Band. I have performed thousands of bariatric operations."

This content was provided by Dr. DiCicco "I perform Bariatric Surgery, specializing in Robotic and laparoscopic techniques. I focus on sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and revisional adjustable gastric banding surgery along with other revisional bariatric surgery."

• General Surgery

• St Agnes HealthCare
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • St Agnes HealthCare
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. DiCicco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. DiCicco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DiCicco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. DiCicco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DiCicco to family and friends

Dr. DiCicco's Performance

I had my first visit with Dr. D on April 10th. My appointment time was 3:00pm. When I got there, there was no one else in the office besides office staff. I sat for maybe 2 minutes before I was called to the back. I waited for Dr. D for maybe another 2 minutes while in the room. Once he came in he...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very informative. His staff is amazing, very kind and answer all my questions!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I live in Lakeland Florida and had to go to the emergency room at Lakeland General hospital 5 weeks ago During that visit I was told that I needed to go to my doctor who put my lapband in. I no longer live in West Palm Beach. I was told to see Dr DiCicco in Tampa, Fl. Dr DiCicco is a warm...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Awesome, office staff !Dr explained everything clearly! Answered all my questions!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Wonderful expierencw so far. He and his staff are very pleasant and make you feel welcome at every appointment.
Are you Dr. DiCicco?