Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Richard de Asla, MD
Dr. Richard de Asla, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Naples, FL. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. de Asla is affiliated with NCH Downtown Naples Hospital and NCH North Naples Hospital.

Orthopedics, North

1280 Creekside St Ste 101

Naples, FL 34108

Learn about Dr. de Asla

Dr. de Asla's Experience

Dr. de Asla's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Case Western University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. de Asla has no media or publications listed.

Dr. de Asla does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. de Asla and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. de Asla's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. de Asla to family and friends
4.5
Dr. de Asla's Performance
in Ft Myers, FL |
I am a new patient of Dr. Richard de Asla. He and his staff, Anthony, and Benny and everyone else were very kind and informative. Especially Dr de Asla who took time to explain and show me just what was going on with my feet. He asked questions about my issues, listened, and explained what I could expect in the future. He was not one to offer surgery prematurely, and what some of my options were. I am most appreciative of the care and time he took. Scott F Fort Myers
in Naples, FL |
Great Doctor and Staff. Takes the time needed to explain things. Staff, techs, Nurses are the same. They care. They were part of a team that saved my foot.
in Naples, FL |
So, over 20 years I've been looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon to listen, hear and recommend a treatment instead of jumping to surgery. I met Dr. de Asla this week and he took all the time needed, asked questions, answered questions and then made recommendations. He is the utmost professional and his staff from the front office reception, x-ray, nurse and scheduler were all friendly, patient and well versed in their duties. I'm looking forward to resolution to my feet issues so I have many year
Naples, FL |
Dr Asla was recommended by K.D.Riew, MD, Prof. of Orthopedic Surgery, Columbia U. Chief, Cervical Spine Surgery. Dr Asla detected the fractures on my injured foot, which another doctor missed from the same x-ray films. He took additional x-rays bearing weight on both the affected and unaffected foot. He diagnosed it as Lisfranc injury, that did not require surgery (not a knife-happy surgeon). His technical assistant Anthony Silva is very knowledgeable, meticulous and pleasant. Highly recommend.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Richard J. de Asla and Medical Assistant, Anthony Silva provided excellent patient care. Dr. de Asla reviewed the x-ray with me and educated me on the type of bone fracture and the treatment option. He allowed time for me to ask questions and he listened to my concerns. He was most professional and competent. Anthony provided patient education on how to care for my bone fracture. I left the office very relieved and knew that I had the best care from Dr. de Alsa and Anthony.
in naples, fl |
Dr deAsla uses individually made devices for the ankle vs “generics” used in some other joint replacements. It is a 4 week time element to have this done. The surgery took place 1/20 and 3/6, am walking without assistance. There is still about 10 weeks of PT ahead using the protocol developed by Dr deAsla and his team. I don’t believe there is a more qualified foot – ankle surgeon to be found.
in Naples, FL |
I am writing this as a “patient advocate.” In this case the patient, a relative, in need of an ankle replacement is from out of state and did not have access to the expertise of a highly qualified surgeon. In an extensive country wide search Dr. deAsla appeared the top surgeon in the US for such a procedure. In the initial examination appointment he thoroughly explained possible options, how the procedures worked and projected results and recovery times. Upon the conclusion of the exam, includin
in Naples, Fl. |
After the E.R w ref. to Ortho Surgeon, I ckd internet & w 1 call to his office 12/22/16, expt not to be seen til after the holidays,was told to come right in by office staff, ( Amy, Suzy and Pam) on the way I received a call saying go to NCH MRI where they had called for me to be seen immediately!! This doesn't happen in Season here! Anthony the tech took me right in! Dr. de Alasa, answered every ? patiently treated me promptly, courteously, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. de Alasa's team! God Bless!
in Naples, Fl |
Dr de Asla, did an extraordinary ankle surgery on my left foot, he's very warm, nice and went above and beyond to schedule my surgery, he answered all my questions with patience and he wasn't rushing me. Anthony his RN is Fantastic, always very friendly and very knowledgeable and concerned about how I felt. I don't have a very good impression of the office staffs, they were unprofessional to me on every single visit and when I needed my medicine change Patricia was very Rude and Ashley too.
in Naples, FL |
The individual scheduling appointments was most accommodating and courteous. The day of my appointment, Ashley, greeted me with a very warm and friendly hello. As I'm signing in ....I didn't even have a chance to sit down before, Anthony, Dr. de Asla's medical assistant, escorted me to the exam room. Anthony is probably one of the nicest individuals I've met since I began foot treatment. Dr. de Asla is most informative and professional. This is the best orthopedic group in the Naples area.
in Naples, FL |
The doctor, his office staff and his medical assistant were all very responsive. I never felt rushed in the office and any questions were answered completely.
in Naples, FL |
The most professional, Honest and Caring doctor I have ever used. I completely trust his opinion He also has a very professional and competent assistant--Anthony Silva. His entire office staff provides a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. They will assist any way they can. Bretner
in Naples, FL |
Dr. de Asla di a great job diagnosing my problem and had a great team including Diane Carroll my physical therapyst, Anthony Silva my MA/Tech, Benny with x-ray's and all the girls at the front desk Ashley, Connie and Johanna. Thank you all for getting my achilles better. Jason Tobias
in Naples, FL |
Amazing!!! I was treated for a condition called os trigonum syndrome. I was born with an extra bone in my ankle and aggravated it a couple of years ago. My options were to live with the pain or remove it. I had arthroscopic surgery to remove the bone. I'm 65 years old and the expected recovery time was supposed to be 10 weeks. It's been 3 weeks and I'm 90%. I thrilled with the help that Dr. de Asla gave to me. I also have to mention that his assistant, Anthony was nothing short of amazing.
in Naples, FL |
Doctor de Asla and his team provide the best care possible. Doctor de Asla has the highest level of training and experience in his specialty, and is able to manage his patients through the entire course of treatment with care and concern. Doctor de Asla has the ability to listen to patient concerns and thoroughly explain all aspects of treatment. Every member of Doctor de Asla's team exceeds expectations in every area of customer care. Do not hesitate to contact Doctor de Asla and his team.
in Naples, FL |
Dr de Asla was highly recommended through our family physician Dr Swain for my fractured and displaced ankle. Dr deAsla is in the process of correcting a very bad situation that began in an ER in NJ while my husband and I were traveling. I find him to be a knowledgeable and gifted orthopedic surgeon with great bedside manner and patience to answer all my concerns. His office staff is also one of his many great attributes as they are equally as knowledgable in their respective duties.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. de Asla recently performed my bunion surgery. In addition to being a skilled surgeon, he was very thorough in explaining the procedure, setting expectations and has a great bedside manner. Dr. de Asla was recommended to me and in turn I would highly recommend him. His staff is fantastic as well!
Naples, FL |
Dr Richard de Asla is an exceptional physician . He is a talented orthopedic surgeon. I have had two foot and ankle surgeries by Dr de Asla. He needed to creatively problem solve a genetic, structural problem that required someone whose ability to think outside the box and at the same time use supurb surgical techniques to resolve a complicated problem. He is kind, thoughtful and has fantastic follow through, a unique combination of qualities not often found. SWFL is very fortunate.
in Laval, QC |
Very clear in his explanations. Very kind. Very carefull in The followup . All the staff was so kind. It was a good decision to stay in Naples for that delicate surgery.
in Naples, FL |
I was highly recommended to Dr de Asla by my family doctor. I have had foot problems over the years and several Podiatrists suggested that I must have surgery or face some severe consequences, Dr de Asla examined me and was very thorough in giving me several options before suggesting surgery. He took his time and carefully explained everything I needed to know to make an informed decision about going forward with any treatment.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. DeAsla was recommended to me by two other physicians in the area. I was being referred for a foot condition for possible surgery. After my visit today, I can say: 1) The wait was one minute. 2) The front desk staff were attentive. 3) Internal staff (Anthony/Benny) superb customer service 4) Doctor: great listener, educator. Not rushed. Very calming demeanor. Did not recommend surgery!! (Can I get an amen!) 5) Clean facility. 6) Staff seemed very happy to work there-good vibe.
in Naples, FL |
I would recommend Dr. deAsla to family and friends (5 STARS) if NCH provided such an EXCEPTIONAL PHYSICIAN with the correct and patient friendly weight-bearing foot x-ray machine. I was shocked and very reluctant to have an x-ray on such an unsafe piece of equipment. His Tech "Anthony" is superb. He is very kind and helpful and well informed.
in Estero, FL |
Dr de Asla is an excellent Doctor and surgeon. He zeroed in on what was wrong and causing pain in my foot, while a previous Orthopedist in Ft Myers could not. His Tech's are well trained, and very professional. The office staff are top people too!!! I highly recommend Dr de Asla and his team!
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Richard de Asla, is a very good doctor. His communication and bedside manners are excellent. He explains things to me in a way I can fully understand. His nurse and office staff are very kind and do everything they can to get you in and out in a timely manner. The wait time to see Dr. de Asla is very short. I will never ever hesitate to refer Dr. de Asla to my friends and family. It is a real plus for us to have him here in Naples.
Ft. Myers FL |
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, the doctor was thorough and diagnosed a condition two other doctors missed.
in Naples, Florida |
Because Dr.DeAsla is so knowledgeable, experienced, kind, and caring, I felt so confident and positive about the future. I truly believe that the doctor had my best interest at heart in performing each and every procedure. He cared about me as a person and his goal was to help me lead a full and active life.
in Naples, FL |
Several friends and professional associates give high praise about the excellent skill and professionalism of Dr. Deasla, in the event I should need a foot and ankle orthopedist. To a one, all have recounted his excellent skills and his kindness and caring for the patient. He takes time to explain the problem and the process for repair/remedy and rehabilitation.
Have you seen Dr. Richard de Asla, MD?
Are you Dr. de Asla?