Dr. Richard A. de Ramon, MD

Dr. Richard A. de Ramon, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 53 years old

24 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Patient focused evaluation and management providing Personal Care and Natural Results and the best in Plastic Surgery care. Ongoing evaluation new procedures and technologies, but insistence upon objective scientific proof of results before offering them to patients. That leads to consistently happy patients.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. de Ramon's Experience

See how Dr. de Ramon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. de Ramon

Dr. de Ramon accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. de Ramon has admitting privileges.

Dr. de Ramon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. de Ramon to family and friends
Dr. de Ramon Says:

My main objective is to provide all my patients with personal care from the time they call the office until their last visit with us. In addition, I appreciate that many of my patients have recommended me to their friends and family. In my opinion, that speaks volumes about the care received at my practice.

Dr. de Ramon's Performance
in Enola, PA |
My husband was dealing with a terminal brain disease that affected his communication. Dr. deRamon and staff were absolutely wonderful. They were so caring, patient and compassionate dealing with my husband who needed surgery. Everything went smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and would highly recommend Dr. deRamon and his staff.
Debbie - many thanks for your kind words and deepest condolences from the entire staff for the loss of your loving husband. It was a pleasure to help care for him. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
in Carlisle, PA |
From my initial call through followup for a mini facelift in office procedure absolutely every aspect was outstanding. I can't think of one thing I would suggest be changed. Dr. De Ramon was very focused and professional in assessing my case. Every member of his staff has been extremely helpful before, during and after surgery. Communications concerning the procedure and price were very clear and no surprises. I am very pleased with the results and grateful to Dr. de Ramon and staff!
Thanks for your thoughtful review, Carolyn! As part of our goal of providing personal care, we are happy our staff was helpful and available for your questions. We also try to be very transparent about our fees because plastic surgery can be a big investment. Thrilled you are happy with your results. Please recommend us to your friends!
in Harrisburg, PA |
A very dry sense of humor, genuine caring and compassion for me. He corrected my eyes to lift the lids so I expand the line of sight. Fantastic results!! Would highly recommend him a a very skilled surgeon. Would recommend this procedure to anyone without hesitation.
Thanks for your kind words, Marilyn. The goal here is to provide you with excellent care (and some laughs), and to make sure you have outstanding outcomes. We hope you will recommend us to others who can benefit from this surgery!
in Gettysburg, PA |
If you want it done right, this is the place! I am so happy with the entire experience. From the ease at scheduling, the transparency of all charges, the friendliness of the staff, and overall the expertise of Dr. de Ramon made this procedure as easy and painless as possible.
in Mechanicsburg, PA |
I could not be happier with my overall experience with Dr. de Ramon and his wonderful staff. I appreciated all the time that was given during my appointments to answer all my questions so that I fully understood the procedure and therefore felt confident with Dr. de Ramon and my decision to move forward with the procedure. I am thrilled with the outcome of my procedure, it was truly life changing!
in Mechanicsburg, PA |
At 67, I'm still young at heart and missed my visible eyelids. The drooping looked terrible and diminished my vision. Dr. de Ramon did an amazing job, especially considering he found additional issues due to aging. He was concerned that my eyelids closed properly after surgery and explained fully what needed to be done. The difference between the before pictures and after are truly remarkable. I am so happy with the results and with the skill he possesses.
in Shippensburg, PA |
Dr De Ramon and his staff were fantastic. He made me feel comfortable to ask questions and was extremely knowledgeable. His quiet,reassuring manner was pleasantly surprising and his staff was professional and courteous. They were always on time, an important fact. It was an experience I will never regret and happily recommend them. I may even return for a different procedure!
Have you seen Dr. Richard A. de Ramon, MD?

Compare Dr. de Ramon

Dr. de Ramon says...

Choosing to have cosmetic or reconstructive surgery involves many factors including choice of physician, procedure and surgical facility. The biggest variable in outcome is surgeon choice. Dr. de Ramon is doubly board certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He executes his surgeries with meticulous attention to detail with the goal of superb and natural looking results while always considering patient safety. A patient not only needs a technically superb surgeon, but one who is personable, honest, and trustworthy. After all, this surgeon will be planning, executing and caring for you for a period of 3-6 months.

Choosing a procedure is a decision to be made with your plastic surgeon. Dr. de Ramon conducts all of his own consultations which last from 30-60 minutes. Because you spend this much time with the doctor, you are able to discuss goals, learn about options and ask questions. A reasonable consultation fee is charged, but a second consultation, performed at no charge, is suggested to answer any other questions and finalize plans. If a patient is not comfortable with the procedure discussed or the outcomes expected, surgery will not be scheduled. Remember, often different procedures can produce the same endpoint, so don't make the mistake of trying to pick your procedure. Instead pick a surgeon and know what you would like to achieve.

Choosing a surgical facility is important for safety and comfort issues. Dr. de Ramon only operates at licensed surgical facilities or hospitals. He is on staff at Pinnacle Health Harrisburg Hospital and Community Hospital, and Cumberland Surgery Center, a private outpatient facility in Mechanicsburg. We only accept outstanding patient care delivery. Patients are given the option of which facility to choose based upon the procedure itself and the health of the patient. In some cases, costs do vary based upon the facility.

Dr. de Ramon's Care Philosophy

Dr. de Ramon says...

Plastic Surgery is a wonderful specialty that seeks to restore both the function and form of the human body. It encompasses patients of all ages and varied reconstructive and cosmetic issues.

At de Ramon Plastic Surgery Institute, I wish to provide patients state of the art plastic surgery and cosmetic services utilizing clinically proven and reliable procedures. I offer procedures only after peer reviewed data proves their efficacy. I won't offer fad procedures that haven't been peer reviewed. Just because a procedure is new, it doesn't mean it's safe or that the result of the procedure will last very long. Especially in plastic surgery, new procedures are always being developed, but some are abandoned because the effect is transient or unanticipated issues show up after a while, or because they prove to be inferior. Instead I offer procedures and services that are well accepted by the plastic surgical community at large.

This means a strong commitment to lifelong learning and constant attendance of conferences. I attend 2-4 out of town conferences per year, read two monthly plastic surgery journals, discuss cases with colleagues weekly, read textbook constantly, attend webinars, read online journals, view surgery online and on DVD's, and constantly stay immersed in plastic surgery. I love it. It's my full time hobby.

Just as important as what we do, is how we do it. We provide the very best plastic surgical care in a friendly, confidential, and professional atmosphere. During your consultation, you will find my explanations are clear and educational. I provide you with reliable and current information about the procedures you're contemplating. I encourage questions. This way you can make a fully informed decision.

At surgery, the procedures are performed with meticulous attention to detail. My focus is the result and my goal is to deliver superb results consistently. While some surgeons take pride in the speed of their surgeries, I take pride in the results.

Postoperatively, my goal is to be available to you should you have questions or problems. I will see you as frequently as necessary to ensure a smooth recovery.

This care philosophy has helped me obtain great results and unparalleled patient satisfaction.

Dr. de Ramon says...

I have had the pleasure of treating many women and men who are interested in changing something about themselves which has bothered them for many years. I have performed over 1,500 breast surgeries, both cosmetic and reconstructive. In addition, I have the latest technology and training in facial rejuvenation and body contouring procedures.

Dr. de Ramon says...

Dr. de Ramon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. de Ramon has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. de Ramon's Board Certifications

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Facial Skin Cancer
  • Gynecomastia
  • Keloid Scar
  • Labial Hypertrophy
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
  • Skin Laxity
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Wrinkles

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1991

E Carolina University School Of Med

Completed in 1998

Marist College

Graduated in 1986

Dr. de Ramon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. de Ramon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Arm Reduction Surgery
  • Belotero® Injection
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Implant Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Endoscopic Brow Lift
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Perlane® Injection