Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Richard Charles, MD
Dr. Richard Charles, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Buffalo, NY. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Charles is affiliated with Sisters of Charity Hospital.

85 High St

Buffalo, NY 14203

Dr. Richard Charles, MD

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Independent Health
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles' Experience

Dr. Charles' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for New York.

• U Of Buffalo SUNY Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Charles has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Charles does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Charles and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Charles' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Charles to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Charles' Performance
in Buffalo, NY |
HAD AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE GREAT CLINICAL SKILLS MADE DIAGNOSIS THAT HAD EUDED OTHER DOCS SEE THIS OFFICE SOON
Buffalo, NY |
Great office. Excellent listener. Very friendly staff. Phlebotomist was amazing. Nursing staff follow-up well with results very thorough care
in Buffalo, NY |
Best physician I have ever seen! Takes care of my entire family Caring and good listener. Follows all results and communicates to you
in Buffalo, NY |
Very responsive physician. Answered all my questions. Highly recommend particularly if you have multiple medical issues and concerns
Buffalo, NY |
Worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. Extremely rude, condescending- cannot question anything he says or he will come down on you for even questioning him. Don't believe all these high reviews.
in Buffalo, NY |
Excellent experience diagnosed me with a very rare diagnosis great follow up. Nursing staff and receptionist are very pleasant and attentive with Highly recommend this office
Buffalo, NY |
I am a health care provider myself. I have been his patient for the past 5 years. He is an excellent physician and I can see how much he cares for his patients. When I send him messages through the portal system he always responds personally within hours if not minutes. When he first moved from Buffalo Med Group I had some issues with his front staff and attitude but they have all been replaced and the group working the front is friendly and welcoming. He takes care of my entire family .
in Buffalo, NY |
Does not listen to patient. Two hour wait which is ridiculous. Does not follow up in timely manner. Patients that have seen him that give good review probably have not had critical issues. Need to go through his nurse to get to him. Got back to me after five hours with a severe diagnosis and then told me to go to the er where I waiting another seven hours. This is physician negligence.
Best physician in Buffalo Listens well hears my concerns
in Buffalo, NY |
Amazing physician great at diagnosing and communicating!. Highly recommended
Buffalo, NY |
Was great at Buffalo Medical Group. Followed him to his new practice, which was a mistake. Either his ego has taken over or he is overwhelmed. Has no time to answer questions, not sure if he knows my name, and not sure if my charts ever transferred over. Had my pharmacy call in for a refill and his staff had no record of me being on a med, which he has been prescribing for years. Impossible to get an appointment. And office is not really tidy. Time for a new GP.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Charles is a great doctor, and I would highly recommend him.
in Buffalo, NY |
Long term patient 10+ years Always been there for me Great diagnostician! Super person Great caring staff Highly recommend Left the factory BMG no on his own
in Buffalo, NY |
I have seen for many years outstanding physician recommended wholeheartedly agreed staff great online response! See him soon!
Buffalo, NY |
Wonderful status treatment environment really took his time with us learned so much about my health
Buffalo, NY |
Very compassionate. Caring. Really takes time with you. Best in Buffalo.
in Buffalo, NY |
He has become a horrible doctor. He has become insulting, condescending, uncaring and incompetent. What a sad change from the wonderful doctor he used to be.
in Buffalo, NY |
I was with Dr. Charles for almost a decade. I admired him but over the years he became increasingly condescending, arrogant, and unkind and ignored select questions. My new doctor has cleaned my medical records of several questionable and downright false diagnoses (kidney disease among them!). If you want to run up office visits for someone's early retirement plan, he's just the guy. He also referred me to his wife for care without disclosing the relationship. That's unprofessional at best.
Excellent doctor.
in Buffalo, NY |
He used to be a great doctor. But he changed about 2 years ago. He used to be compassionate and competent. but he became condescending. insulting and forgetful. What a horrible change. I no longer trust his competence. I reluctantly left his care late last year, after two decades of being his patient. I would not recommend him to anyone anymore.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Charles, MD?
Are you Dr. Charles?

Visit Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO