Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 56

Dr. Chamberlain

Precision Surgical

4250 E Camelback Rd Ste K105 Phoenix, AZ 85018

Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD is a general surgery specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University of Nebraska / College of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in general surgery and trauma surgery.

Dr. Chamberlain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chamberlain

3.7

Dr. Chamberlain?
Dr. Chamberlain's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD
Dr. Chamberlain performed a repair/second surgery on a very large hernia when the first surgery failed which was done by a different surgeon, virtually no scars from the robotic approach and only an occasional slight tightness in my stomach when I lay down at an odd angle but I'm very confident that he fixed the issue and it won't reoccur.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD?
Dr. Chamberlain performed a robotic inguinal hernia repair for me a month back. He did a great job and the procedure was as advertised; minimally invasive and very short duration of post op discomfort. Richard conducts himself like a professional and speaks in plain language so the patient is at ease. His staff is great and answers emails and phone calls immediately. 1st class operation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD?
omg- I read that comment which i find disgusting, i have had many visits at both offices, I have an immune deficiency disorder, allergic to cats and dogs. There was never an odor from animals at any of my visits. I think he is one of the best doctors ever, I really think this review is not accurate, if you had a bad experience I have been to quite a few appointments, there is no way he spends 2 1/2 minutes with anyone. Go find another doctor but you will never get a better one. Your loss
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD?
Unfortunately Dr. Chamberlain is a horrible Dr. I was referred to by my PC, ( I will be talking to my PC about this referral) he was less than friendly & spent less than 2 1/2 minutes with me. On top of that he shares a office with another Dr, that's a animal lover, ( which is great ) but she had rescue dogs in the office , which the hole place smelled like dirty dogs. I honestly Chamberlain only makes money off office visits, he billed my Insurance over $1000 for a 5 second consult. ??????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD?
Very informative regarding my hernia surgery.professional and good bedside manner.very pleased with him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD?
I was told by Dr. Chamberlain that I, indeed, have a hernia on the right side of the abdomen. He looked at my stomach and felt the right side and it was confirmed that I have a hernia. I was told he only uses the mesh and he would preform the surgery using a robot. Fortunately, I got a second and third opinion. It was suggested I have an ultra sound. I DID NOT HAVE A HERNIA. My insurance company was billed $495.00 for this bogus information. No wonder our health care system is a mess!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Chamberlain, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chamberlain?

• General Surgery
  • Trauma Surgery

1994
Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency Program
1989
University of Nebraska / College of Medicine

Dr. Chamberlain accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Chamberlain's experience treating your condition or procedure

Precision Surgical

Phoenix4250 E Camelback Rd Ste K105 Phoenix, AZ 85018
Precision Surgical9377 E Bell Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chamberlain treats patients.

68% Patient experience rating, 1% lower than the national average

72% Patient experience rating, 3% higher than the national average

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

• America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ (2020, 2019)
  • General Surgery Excellence Award™ (2020)