Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 67

Dr. Boiardo III

Cross County Orthopedics

405 Northfield Ave Ste 107 West Orange, NJ 07052

Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD is a sports medicine specialist in West Orange, NJ and has been practicing for 34 years. He specializes in sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Boiardo III accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Boiardo III has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(973) 669-9595Find providers who accept this insurance

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

After attending Georgetown University Dr. Boiardo was accepted to New York Medical College. He completed his Orthopedic residency at Lennox Hill in New York City. Following, he was selected to join Harvards Medical School for a fellowship in pediatr...

• Sports Medicine

4.2

Dr. Boiardo III?
Dr. Boiardo III's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD
The luck of the draw in emergency surgery was with me when I drew an ace, Dr. Richard A. Boiardo iii, at Hoboken University Medical Center on Jan. 31. It was a complex wrist fracture from a fall, but my quick recovery made it look simple. Healing was fast, and now, five months later, I have close to complete function of that hand in arm, with a need for continued strengthening after physical therapy. Thanks, Dr. Boiardo!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I am a retired high school football coach and have had experience with many ortho surgeons. I have had 12 total knee surgeries. Dr. Boiardo replaced both my knees in particular a severely damaged left knee. No one can believe the outcome I have had as I do between 8-10 miles a day in a combination of elliptical and power walking exercises. I believe in Dr. Boiardo so much I'm having shoulder replacement surgery by him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I have been one of Dr Boiardo's patients for 5 years. I initially went to him to help repair my left knee replacement done at HHS. He fixed what was done incorrectly with great expertise. He replaced my right knee the next year without any problems. in October of 2018, while traveling in Italy my right knee gave out and I fell. Dr Boiardo put my knee back together with great expertise and ingenuity. I am eternally grateful to him as a retired RN he is an amazing surgeon with hands of gold.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Very good at what he trained for had a great experience with him he replaced my knee with no problem wound recommend him to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
My name is Emad,Doss i was so badly injured in wild wood NJ on August 2018 while i'm on vacation with my family. Both Tibia and Fibula of my left leg were broken into fragments and i almost lost every hope to walk again. Dr. Boiardo did an incredible job and now i'm walking again and went back to work, I'm so happy for the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Dr. Boiardo surgically repaired my son Carrick's badly broken arm (both the radius and the ulna) while he was in college - required re-breaking, re-setting, and pinning. His work was excellent! Carrick is now a U.S. Army 1st Lieutenant currently deployed in South Korea. His hobbies include rock-face climbing and hockey (both ice and roller). Without Dr. Boiardo's skilled work it is unlikely that he would be able to serve his country or pursue these recreational activities - thank you Dr. B!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I will be eternally grateful for the outstanding care Dr. Boiardo provided my 89 year old mother from the moment of her severe accident and throughout her recovery. Dr. Boiardo successfully performed a full hip replacement using the latest computer/robotic navigator technology (Intellijoint) and within a few weeks my mother was walking and rapidly getting back to her old self. Dr. Boiardo’s post-operative care was equally outstanding: a great doctor and true gentleman whom I strongly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I suffered a severe injury, which caused my humerus bone to break and I feel grateful for having Dr. Boiardo performing my surgery. He is very respectful and professional as well as his staff. I really do appreciate the concern and care i have received from them, as it was a very stressful time for my family and I. I highly reccomend Dr Boiardo and his staff as they have been doing a phenominal job with my surgery and post opertaive issues. Thankyou
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Dr. Boiardo is a very good doctor that cares about his patients. In July 2018 I tore a ligament and my menicus. Dr. Boiardo performed surgery on my knee and he did a great job I am very thankful. Michelle M.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Dr. Boiardo is a life-saver. When I discovered that I would require hip replacement surgery due to the severe pain that I was experiencing at that time, I thought that my life was over but following excellent surgery by Dr. Boiardo I now feel that I have my life back and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Boiardo. I cannot express enough my sincere gratitude to him. In addition to his being an excellent surgeon, his bed side mannerism is very caring and compassionate. He is the greatest!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Dr. Boiardo has sresolved ALL my orthopedic challenges. I am in awe of his skill and competence which combines with cutting edge methods to successfully overcome/cure skeletal difficulties. He works alone. I have observed Dr. Boiardo’s compassion and commitment to ethics and helping people. He reconstructed my foot, set a broken foot, performed a bunionectomy and fixed a trigger thumb and back pain. He is a man to be respected as a great doctor in West Orange. Thank you! Susan Ullmann
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
This past summer I discovered that the cup holding my hip replacement in place was dislodged. On August 27th Dr Boiardo performed complex and complicated revision surgery which included a large bone graft to repair the damage. Aside from his wonderful bedside manner, I was very impressed at his ability to transform his vast knowledge and technical expertise into laymen's terms for me before the procedure. The services and the staff at Hoboken University Medical Center were outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Dr. Boiardo has overseen my dislocated ankle and torn ligament sustained from a car incident. His office and staff are extremely friendly, helpful and easy to contact. I feel that Dr. Boiardo was very professional with diagnosing and treating my injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Dr. Boiardo is the best. Long story short: Our daughter broke her arm this summer shortly before going away to sleep-away camp, and she had her cast on the whole time she was away. When she came home after camp was over, we had some concerns and called Dr. Boiardo. He took time out from his vacation on a Saturday to come see her. Lucky for us, everything was fine, and he took off her cast that day. Dr. Boiardo is great with children. He cares deeply for his patients and their families. And as a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I suffered a severe injury to my elbow and needed to have the head of the radial bone replaced. Dr Boiardo SAVED my arm. He has always been there to help with any post operative issues or questions. His office staff has always been responsive to my requests for records to be sent out to my other doctors and insurance companies. I never want to have that kind of surgery again, but if I ever need an orthopedic surgeon again I would not hesitate to used Dr. Boiardo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
On July 5 Dr Boiardo on July 5 the doctor did a hip replacment on my right side in 2014 had a hip replacement on the left by another surgeon Dr. Boiardo did another approcah from the front anterior compared to the surgery had in 2014 this surgery was great not as painful and not many restriction helped me get a head start in the recovery There is no comparison between these two approaches and the Doctor did a above excellent job
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I suffered a wrist fracture after tripping on uneven pavement. I reported to the East Orange General Hospital, but they mistakenly diagnosed an avulsion fracture. Dr. Boiardo caught the error, recommended exploratory surgery, and scheduled me for the next day. He was very thorough and friendly, explaining everything very nicely and giving me plenty of personal attention. I thoroughly enjoyed being his patient, and I thought he was totally professional. He is an excellent doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
DR BOIARDO IS A GREAT ORTHOPEDIC SURGEN ON 26 NOV 2016 I HAD SURGERY TO REPAIR A BROKEN TIBIA I HAD 3 INFECTIONS AND FELT PAIN WITH EVERY STEP I TOOK .I WAS REFFERED TO DR BOIARDO .HE HAD ME GET A MRI TOLD ME I NEEDED A TOTAL REPLACEMENT.ON 31 MAY 2018 HE DID THE PROCEDURE ,HE DID WORK MAGIC ON MY KNEE THE REPLACEMENT WORKED I NOW WALK PAIN FREE WITH ONLY SWELLING THATS GOING DOWN EVERYDAY.DR BOIARDO IS A TRUE PROFESSIONAL THAT I TRUST AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE HE WILL BE DOING MY OTHER KNEE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Boiardo and his staff. This past weekend my mom lost her balance and broke her wrist. Having seen Dr. Boiardo in years past for another injury, she reached out to see if he could see her. Dr. B let her know that he was working at Hoboken University Medical Center that day and should come to the ER so he could personally evaluate her condition. As it turns out, she was in pretty bad shape and he immediately got his team assembled to conduct the surgery the
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Boiardo III, MD?
Hi my Name is Kaiden Garces I am 12 years old. I broke my patella. Dr Boiardo is an excellent doctor. A broken patella is not easy to handle but Dr Boiardo made the experience less painful. He explained in details all my questions. He took his time making sure I was comfortable. The staff is also great! One thing I would miss about having a broken patella is the Doctor visits with Dr Boiardo. Great Doctor !!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Boiardo III?

Cross County Orthopedics