Dr. Richard Blosser, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Fairfax, VA. He specializes in gastroenterology.

Dr. Blosser accepts

Dr. Blosser accepts the following insurance:

Select
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Guardian
HealthSmart
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
One Net
One Net PPO
Planned Administration Inc
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Blosser's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Blosser's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Blosser treats Ulcerative Colitis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Blosser treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Microscopic Ulcerative Colitis
  • Ulcerative Proctosigmoiditis
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Blosser treats Abdominal Disorders more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Blosser treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis

Dr. Blosser treats Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Blosser treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

3.0

Dr. Blosser?
Dr. Blosser's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Blosser, MD
I absolutely love Dr. Blosser! Great bedside manner and a great sense of humor, which is exactly what I need when I’m dressing and not feeling good. He definitely puts your mind at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
I’ve with Dr. Blosser many times over the last few years. He is an overbearing, arrogant, narcissist and a poor excuse for a physician. Take yourself and your family to another gastroenterologist. He cares for no one but himself, has a horrible bedside manner and treats his staff poorly. He boasts that he got on the list of NOVAs top MDs but what many don’t know is that it’s like a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame....you have to buy your way onto it just as he had to buy his way onto that list
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
This place should and will be reported to the Virginia State Medical Board. Their administrative policies or a lack thereof are almost beyond reason. Recently they have forward their phones DURING business hours to an answering service. I lost count at how many non returned messages I left whilst attempting to ascertain why THEIR pharmacy cannot reach them to send them my medicine, meanwhile I continue to suffer the symptoms of my disease. I never heard from them again. Not an email. Not a phone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Dr. Blosser is an awesome doctor. When he found a tumor during my colonoscopy he worked quickly to help me coordinate surgery and provided me with accurate information, recommended a great surgeon and encouraged me every step through my hospital discharge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Been waiting for over a month for my test results. I called the office and first I was put on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected. Now, no one answers my new call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Dr. Blosser and his pa Jenny helped me get through a tough time. I was having terrible stomach issues, and they as a team helped me get through it. I will be back again. The office staff and phones receptionist were great too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
From beginning to end this was probably the best practice I have ever been to! Kind, knowledgeable, and I was treated like a princess! Follow up the day after my procedure by Doctor Blosser was beyond my expectations! Thank you one and all! Dr. Blosser, Carley, Mark, Carolina, Dr. Kahn and the rest of the team! You all Rock!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Dr. Blosser's support staff are ridiculously incompetent. They are non-responsive to emails and phone messages. I have never had to be so vigilant in managing my care until I came here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Not only is Dr Blosser my doctor, my husbands and mothers but I worked with him for over 20 years in the hospital and he is by far the most intelligent doctor I worked with. Most medical professionals who work with him, bring their own family members to him. Because of this, you will wait for an appointment but it is worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Dr. Blosser is arrogant, aloof, rushes you through appointments and rather than try to get to the root of a problem, writes script after script without explaining how the medications work, risk vs. benefit. Really terrible doctor in our opinion with an incredibly poor bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
To be fair, all I have to go by as far as Dr. Blosser here is concerned is his "bedside manner". I followed the preparation instruction to a "T". Apparently, one of two things occurred; my body didn't react accordingly, or 2) they need to develop a better procedure for preparing patients for this procedure. Shortly after waking up I was "greeting" by Dr. Blosser with a sneering "horrible prep". So, again, he could use some work in the "bedside manner" department.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Many members of the staff, not all, are extremely rude. In particular, the male Anesthesioligist Or Nurse Anesthist , not exactly sure which role, was a complete jerk. He was talking down to the patient beside me in the waiting area for patients before going back for there procedure. Then about 5 minutes later he started berating some poor lady about who she was was and what was she doing there only to find out she worked there. Lastly, they never answer the phone or return a message.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Doctor for me for about 6 years. Prescribed me high doses of predisone steroid as a daily medicine cause he had no idea how to treat my condition. My intestines finally couldn't take it anymore and started constricting up. I made 3 appointments to see him and he said there was nothing wrong with my Crhons and that I was good. Told me to see my regular doctor as nothing was wrong. Went to ER and they said that I was low of everything and I was lucky to be alive. Emergency surgery fixed me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Over 3 years of being misdiagnosed and shuffled out of the office without answers, yet mounting medical costs and new prescriptions. I'm do not believe Dr. Blosser or his team are driven to resolve patient issues or even properly identify them. Salt in the wound - the office staff in the Fairfax office are severely lacking customer service skills. Please do yourself a favor and go elsewhere for diagnosis and treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
I'm not sure If I can find one word to describe him nicely. I had seen a lot of GI doctors and had to seek further help because my condition was not improving. Dr. Blosser was the last doctor I saw before I decided to remove my colon all together. His bedside manners were terrible. He was rude, inappropriate to female co-workers, and would easily become agitated. I figured his ability to perform as a GI would make up for his poor bedside manner, but I ended up losing my colon. I despise him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
I can never get an answer when I call the office about ANYTHING. 2 weeks ago I called and also left a message on the online system, saying I'm not sure if my meds are working because I've still been having symptoms, including difficulty taking a deep breath sometimes. NO ONE has responded to me in all this time. And any time I call, I just get shunted over to leave a voicemail for someone, who then never calls me back. I don't get ANY answers. This is the poorest customer service ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
Dr blosser is a pompous arrogant Doctor. He does not listen to his patients symptoms and go forward with the appropriate tests. Saw him two years ago ; did an endoscopy ; gsve me stomach meds when he should have ordered a colonoscopy . One year later I was in er and diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer . I could go on about his unprofessionalism when he visited me in the hospital .. But I'll leave it out. It was an upsetting display and then I never saw him again .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?
I have a colonoscopy done by Dr. Blosser. I am very happy with the procedure and Dr. Blosser explained the result with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blosser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Blosser?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Blosser treats patients.