Dr. Richard Blau, MD

Dr. Richard Blau, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Dr. Richard Blau, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Hicksville, NY and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from University Of Florida in 1979 and specializes in rheumatology.Read his story

120 Bethpage Rd

Dr. Blau treats Autoimmune Diseases more than 100% of his peers

Arthritis

Dr. Blau treats Arthritis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Blau treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acute Gout
Joint Pain

Dr. Blau treats Joint Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Blau's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arterial Doppler Ultrasound
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polyarteritis
  • Polyarthropathy
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Vasculitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • X-Ray

The Arthritis Institute of Long Island is staffed by dedicated professionals and is a full-service diagnostic private practice located in Hicksville, New York. The Institute has a CLIA accredited onsite laboratory, MRI, X-ray, osteoporosis DEXA scann...

• Rheumatology

4.1

Dr. Blau?
Dr. Blau's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Blau, MD
I had been suffering with pain for over three years. I saw several doctors and had several tests done. I was given many different medications, and none of them worked. My pain was waking me up in the middle of the night, and I was losing sleep. My daily life and physical activities had become very difficult. I knew Dr. Blau through a friend and decided to see him. It was the best decision I could have made. Dr. Blau spent over two hours with me at my initial visit. He spoke to me at length about my past history, and did several tests in his office including extensive blood-work. He made me feel that he really cared. He sent me to a neurologist, and in the end, we discovered where my pain was coming from. I am now being treated, and I will be pain free, which I never thought would happen. I highly recommend Dr. Blau. He gave me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Blau for a couple of years now and I highly recommend him. Initially you will be seen by him then usually his PA, who is awesome. It takes me about an hour to get there, but don't mind the ride because there is usually no wait. Everyone there is super nice and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
I have been suffering with advanced osteoarthritis and degenerative joint disease for the past 15 years. After undergoing two total hip replacements, this dreaded malady spread to both knees and my ankles. After seeing Dr. Blau's commercial on Channel 12, I called with the hopes of restored mobility and avoidance of a double-knee replacement. I am so thankful to Dr. Blau for his innovative interventions, genuine disposition and dedication to my wellness. Dr. Blau is simply the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
I can't say enough good things about this office. Dr. Blau is the best; smart, funny, caring. I am usually seen by his PA, Katherine Athanasiou. She is incredible! She is kind, patient, and takes the time to explain everything until I understand. She offers natural solutions to manage my joint pain as well as traditional medications and provides me with all I need to make my own decisions. She makes going to the doctor every 4 weeks, dare I say, enjoyable! Thank you AILI! You are all amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
My wife and I have been patients of Doctor Blau for about twenty years and we both believe he is the most competent doctor, treating people with arthritis, in all of Nassau County.. Prior to our first visit with Dr. Blau we both had different doctors who specialized in arthritis. I have the gout and my wife has arthritis in her knees. I tried 3 different so call specialists and my wife went to 2 different doctors. Finally a cousin said try Dr. Blau and the rest is history. He is the best!!.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Dr. Blau was amazing, one of the best doctors I have visited. His immediate nurses are friendly and funny, too. Dr. Blau has the best personality, I wish more doctors were like him. The only flaw is the receptionists. They are the first line of attack and they are miserable. Since Dr. Blau is so good, I will continue to go there, but I have to bite my tongue while making an appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Quick and easy. My wife went to this office and is still waiting for a call since June. Office manager is useless and still can't figure out insurance and billing. Rarely see the doctor since he has NP. Simple: They are terrible. Good news is the NYU just opened their own Rheumatoid Arthritis clinic on Marcus Avenue in New Hyde Park. So thorough we were amazed at the difference between Dr. Blau and this team from NYU. Hope you read this Dr. Blau. Disgusting you've never called the patient back
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Dr. Blau and his entire team of professionals are friendly, cheerful, helpful. & extremely competent! I sought Dr. Blau's expertise in dealing with chronic, often disabling, arthritis in both of my knees. Midway through treatment, I visited my son & his family & I was delighted that I could comfortably navigate the stairs in their house & was even able to sit cross-legged on the floor to play with my grandchild. For several years, I could do neither. Dr. Blau's treatment has changed my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Dr. Blau and his staff have created an environment that matches in detail my desires for what I would like when I need medical attention.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Horrible experience. Unorganized. The office co-ordinator is inexperienced and cost me a day of loss wages for writing the wrong day with the date. She wrote Wednesday, June 8, 2017 which caused my appointment to be cancelled. I waited for weeks for the appointment and lost a day of pay to take off. Horrible way I was treated when it was their fault.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
What a fantastic Doctor. He has chosen a great staff to match his level of care as well. Thorough, kind, intelligent and provides an atmosphere of care i have never seen in my life. Highly recommend. Wish other Doctors were like him and treated their patient with so much respect and care as he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
I have NEVER met someone like Dr. Blau...and I have met MANY doctors. He is not only extremely knowledgeable and incredibly thorough, but amazingly compassionate. I was suffering greatly...and just when I thought there was no hope at all, he lifted the cloud from me. After my first visit, where I spent three hours giving him my personal history; getting x-rays, ultrasounds and blood tests; and listening to his plan of action, I felt HEARD. He absorbs! He reflects! And he acts! He's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Scheduled to see Dr. Blau Friday, last week. I went to the office Thurs. to fill out paperwork. I was told my deductible needed to be paid the next day after my appointment. They wanted me to pay apx. $300 for the tests that "might" have been performed, and so he refused to see me. I was an established patient, 10 years prior, so he knew me. Although I held up disfigured thumbs which were burning in pain, begging them to help me, the manager came back and said, "the doctor CANNOT see you".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Dr. Blau, his staff and nurses, could serve as a model of what excellent medicine should be. Thorough testing is done on site, patients are treated with respect and courtesy by caring people. Expert, accurate diagnoses are made and suitable treatment plans worked out. Both my husband and I are grateful patients of Dr. Blau.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Very attentive, informative. His staff are great and supportive. I couldn't have been helped by a better doctor and nurses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
This office is the best run office, with expert staff, Rn's, PA and Dr Blau, especially. They respect their patients and their time, and in the past 7 years, I have waited maybe 10 minutes, 3or 4 times. I highly recommend them. Since I was diagnosed with RA I have had many different treatments that have helped to ease further progression,and pain, such as monthly infusions, hyalgan injections for my knee and others. Dr Blau and his staff are truly talented and wonderfully caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
I was lucky enough to find Dr. Blau back in Sept 2015. Today I can honestly say I feel 80-90% better! His entire staff from the front desk, nurses,lab tec. and everyone in between are the most amazing! I have recommend a child hood friend who like my self searched and searched, she thanks me every day. I highly recommend Dr. Blau & his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
Dr. Blau and his staff once again hit it out of the park. Since seeing him myself several years ago my once chronic condition seems to be gone. I have recommended him to friends and family and one of my extremely hard to please aunts Finally went to see him. She was on the fence about it because she avoids ALL doctors. But as I knew she would, she called me last night and told me if all medical practices operated like the Arthritis Institute she would love doctors!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
I would not recommend this Dr. It seems his website and tv commercials are very deceiving. He picks and chooses who he wants to treat and the personnel who are following directions have not idea how upsetting this could be. On his website it claims he treats spondylitis which is in relation to neck and spine however the office personnel say he does not treat backs. If you have arthritis as a result of an injury you have to get a letter from the treating physician before he will see you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Blau, MD?
They don't take my insurance and I was ok with that but when I tried making an appointment the secretary kept telling me to ask my dr. For another recommendation. She quoted some prices and I said ok, I'd like an appointment. She then changed the prices and again told me to find another dr.. she said usually people say nevermind, I said I'm not other people. Were not all the same. I said, I'm confused, is this a dr. Office, aren't you suppose to want to help people? It didn't sound like it.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Blau?

Insurance accepted