Dr. Richard Bennett, MD

Dr. Richard Bennett, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Dr. Richard Bennett, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Draper, UT. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Bennett is affiliated with Intermountain Medical Center, Alta View Hospital, Riverton Hospital and Lone Peak Hospital.

Learn about Dr. Bennett

Dr. Bennett's Experience

Dr. Bennett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Bennett "Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve."

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Acidosis
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Laryngitis
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Boil
  • Breast Pain
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Cold Sore
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Dizziness
  • Dry Eyes
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Herpes Zoster Without Complication
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hives
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypercalcemia
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Jock Itch
  • Lactose Intolerance
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Magnesium Metabolism Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Malnutrition
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Plantar Wart
  • Pneumonia
  • Pollen Allergy
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tinnitus
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Wheezing
  • Whooping Cough
  • Yeast Infections

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Cancer Pain Management
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Rapid Flu Test
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Minnesota Medical Center
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • University of Utah
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Utah

Dr. Bennett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bennett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bennett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bennett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bennett to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Bennett's Performance
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Bennett was recommended to me by another friend and doctor. He has remained my personal doctor for over 30 years and I hope he remains so for a very long time. I trust his decisions, recommendations and personal suggestions. He really does care!
in South Jordan, UT |
I have gone to Dr Bennett for years. He is a great Doc. I Never have to wait long and is easy to get in to see him. He always spends adequate time and shows a real interest He is warm, caring and friendly. He always explains in clear terms his diagnosis and treatment plan. I have also appreciated the professionalism of the staff. I would highly recommend Dr Bennett to anyone looking for a doctor.
West Jordan, UT |
Dr. Bennett is a wonderful person to work with. He's kind and efficient. He knows new treatments that are coming out and explains those he thinks will be effective for a patient.. He's good at answering questions and at arranging labs and tests and being thorough. Going to a doctor isn't my favorite thing but Dr., Bennett makes it fairly pleasant. I have recommended both Dr. Bennett and his office to others.
in Draper, UT |
Dr. Bennett as well as his staff were thorough, compassionate, and extremely professional. Dr. Bennett took great time and care to consider my questions and concerns. He truly "listened" to me and took the time necessary to determine a plan of action for my health. The ladies at the front desk, the nurses, the technician who drew my blood were all first class. You want a doctor with whom you can develop a trusting relationship, Dr. Bennett is that man.
in West Jordan, UT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bennett for many years and I know that he cares about my well being and health. I appreciate his professionalism and ability to help me with my health needs.
in Sandy, UT |
My family and I have been Dr. Bennett's patients for 20 years or so, every since he was instrumental in saving my father-in-laws life! I find him easy to talk to and responsive to my needs!!! Thank!!!! John Walker
Salt Lake City, UT |
I am a long time patient. He and his staff are very helpful and friendly. It is pretty easy to get am appointment and there are quick responses to phone calls
in South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Bennett is very knowledgeable and accommodating as a physician. I would recommend him highly. Also, the support staff is excellent and very responsive to patient calls and requests.
in South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Bennett has been my physician for over 16 years. I have recommended him many times over the years and I will continue to do so.
in Cottonwood Heights |
Dr. Bennett is both professional and personable. I appreciate his thoroughness and concern with regards to my medical needs. I never feel rushed and I always get pertinent information in a timely manor.
Draper, UT |
Called to make an appt with Dr. Bennett and was told by staff he was booking 2 months out, he accepted BCBS, and was accepting new patients. The receptionist asked my name, ins. info & reason for the visit and told me that even though the doctor was accepting new patients he liked to look over the info and decide if he wanted to see you as a new patient or not. I was called back that afternoon and told "no thank you". What?!?! Ridiculous. I will also file a complaint with Blue Cross.
Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Your care and experience is of the utmost importance. We are very concerned with your recent interaction and would like to speak to you further. Please contact the practice manager, Teresa Meyer, at 801-913-3855 or at teresa.meyer@hcahealthcare.com.
in Sandy, UT |
Dr Bennett is the best. He quickly diagnoses a problem and acts to resolve in the best manner. My parents have gone to him almost since the beginning of his practice. He's been my primary care for over 15 years. I trust him completely.
Morgan, UT |
Dr. Bennett has been my family doctor for over 20 plus years. He always provides excellent medical advice and trust I his decisions. He truly listens and cares! I would recommend him to anyone. He is an outstanding doctor.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Bennett is very knowledgeable, kind and considerate. He answers questions honestly! Gives good suggestions and recommendations. He is a very good Dr. !!
Sandy, UT |
Dr Bennett is a great individual. He takes all the time he needs with you during your visit. Excellant individual
in Sandy, UT |
Dr Bennett's staff is very professional. They got me in quickly, I had. a short wait time, the MA was friendly and Dr Bennett got to the root of my problem right away. I needed N X-ray which was available downstairs. I got a call the next day from Dr Bennetts office recommending I see a specialist. Once I agreed to that, they reached out to the specialist who called me about an hour later to set up an appointment. That's right - they called me. A great experience overall
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Bennett always conveys an interest in my health and well-being. If I ask him a question about some new treatment, procedure, medication I always get an answer that shows he is constantly updating his knowledge. His professional services, diagnostic acumen, and his personal warmth put me at ease, and give me confidence. I recommend him highly.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Bennett has been my primary care physician since 1984. My pick of Dr. Bennett was one of the best things I have ever done. He has helped me through patches of my health for the last 50 years and has remained as caring, if not more, every since my first appointment with him.
in Cottonwood Heights, Utah |
The support and understanding received from my years as a patient of Dr. Bennett has been a very satisfying experience. Knowing that I have a medical service contract with a qualified medical professional provides the peace of mind that makes my daily life a regular routine. The peace of mind --provided by the support that Dr. Bennett --as a professional medical service provider --makes available. IS APPRECIATED!!
Tulsa, OK |
Dr Bennett was very professional, kind and patient. He addresses the issue right away and was very efficient in diagnosing my health. I was in and out of there.
in West Jordan |
Outstanding care provider
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Bennett is my primary doctor, who I found through a reference from a radiologist friend close to 30 years ago. He is very personable, and always available when you require his services. I enjoy his mannerisms and trust him with any medical issues that have occurred through the above years. I would recommend him to anyone looking a for great primary doctor! Jerry Nordyke
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Rick is smart and considers all possible causes of the symptoms presented. He never seems in a rush and takes whatever time is needed to explain his diagnosis and treatment recommendations
in Midvale, UT |
He is caring, & takes the time to listen to your concerns. He has never let me down in the approximate 17 years I have been seeing him. If your sick, he works around his schedule to see you. His staff is also amazing.
West Jordan, UT |
I called last week to make a new patient appointment as my insurance said that Dr Bennett takes my new one. They asked for all my information including medication. They were about to schedule my appointment and said never mind I cant schedule the appointment till Dr Bennett reviews your medication . I have yet to hear from them. I have never had to deal with something like this in the past. I wont be going to this Dr Office if it depends on my medications to be a patient.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Your experience with our clinic is of the most utmost importance to us and we are concerned with your encounter with our office. I would like to speak to you personally and see if we can still take care of you and your grandfather. You can reach me at 801-572-0311 or at Teresa.meyer@hcahealthcare.com
Draper, UT |
Because he's listed as accepting new patients, I called Dr. Bennett's office to set an appointment for my elderly father. Before they would set the appointment, they asked for his medications list and said Dr. Bennett would review it before accepting him as a patient. Two days later, I received a voice message saying that he would not be able to accept my father as a patient at this time. Four other internists I called didn't do this kind of screening prior to setting an appointment. Ridiculous.
We are very sorry to hear about this experience in our practice and would like to look into it further. Please call our practice manager, Teresa, at 801-572-0311 so that we can get further information to address the situation.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Bennett was our family Doctor for about 20 years. Due to insurance changes I had root switch doctors. Dr Bennett always made time for me, very thorough and simply put the best Doctor I have ever had. I would highly recommend Dr Bennett as a personal physician for all types of illnesses. I sure miss him and his staff (they are completely awesome also. Maybe some day I can go back to him. Thank you for all you did, Chantal B.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Bennett, MD?

Visit Dr. Bennett

Dr. Bennett accepts 30 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • CHAMPVA
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Utah
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance