Dr. Richard Baum, MD

Dr. Richard Baum, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |
Dr. Richard Baum, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Baum is affiliated with Methodist Hospital and Uvalde Memorial Hospital.

4411 Medical Dr Ste 300

San Antonio, TX 78229

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Baum

See how frequently Dr. Baum performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hyperlipidemia
Hypertension
Chest Pain

Dr. Baum's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Baum "An ounce of Prevention goes a long way in cardiology care. We provide up to date quality care in a relational manor, not losing sight of the big picture."

• Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Visual Hallucinations

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Hemodynamic Monitoring
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Thoracentesis
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Scott White
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Scott White
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Scott and White
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Baum has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baum to family and friends
Dr. Baum's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
I am very happy with the excellent care I receive from Dr. Baum. He and the office staff, do an outstanding job. Thank you.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr.Baum is very professional and nurturing .He takes the time to listen to his patients needs and concerns. My mother Loves that about him.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Boerne, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Baum by my family physician (never met with a cardiologist previously). On my first visit, Dr. Baum spent a long time discussing my condition and family history and then recommended that I take the normal tests even though my EKG had not revealed any problems. I agreed and soon was very thankful as I had extreme blockage and ended up having a quadruple by-pass. Dr. Baum and his staff were great throughout the entire process and all of the subsequent follow up visits.
in Boerne, TX |
Dr. Baum has been my cardiologist for the last 10 years. Sure I could have changed doctors at some point but Dr. Baum is one of the best doctors I have ever had. During our routine appointments he always takes the time to not only review my latest medical information but also to ask me how I am doing personally as well. He always provides enough time and I never feel the appointments are rushed. In addition, he takes the time to explain the medications and interactions which I appreciate.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was recommended by a coworker to see Dr Baum. These days you do not know which doctor to pick. I was very pleased with the staff because in my opinion that sets the stage for your visit. Dr. Baum was great. He took the time to talk to me and work out a plan to see what was going on with me. I would recommend this group to anyone looking for a cardiologist.
We strive to provide the highest quality in patient care. Thank you for your feedback regarding Dr. Baum and his team!
in San Antonio, TX |
I've been in cardo care with Dr. Richard Baum for around 18 months. He's been very affable and most generous with both his information regarding my situation as well as with time spent during treatment and follow up consults. In addition, his support staff operates with competence and courtesy in initial preparation for each appointment.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have already done this but I will do it again....I think Dr. Baum is an excellent Dr. however I need to know about my neuoro;ogical doctor's name so that i can visit as per my notes on initial paperwork given back to nurse. Please call me at 210-842-9376..............thanx semper fidelis
in San Antonio, TX |
Without a doubt Dr. Baum is the foremost cardiologist in San Antonio if not the nation. A doctor who is truly interested in each one of his patients, a human being who is interested in their lives, and truly one of the most caring individuals that I have ever met. Never in a rush to push you out the door but from the time he enters the examining room there is never a doubt in your mind that you are the only patient that he has for that day. In short, he cares and is concerned about you. Bravo!!!
San Antonio, TX |
I saw Dr. Baum due to minor chest pain and to get clearance for an unrelated surgery. He was extremely thorough and spent an incredible amount of time with me. When my tests revealed a possible blockage, Dr. Baum didn't simply read the radiologist's report to give clearance, he took the time to pull the scans and viewed them himself and it made a difference in the decision.
in San Antonio, TX |
I'm a current (heart) patient of Dr Richard Allan Baum, & am very satisfied with his overall medical care. He's very patient, listens to your health concerns & provides the direct procedures to detect & correct problems. I'd refer gladly, all my family & friends to Dr Baum.His staff is outstanding, friendly & very efficient. Kudos to y'all & keep up the great work !!!
in Bulverde,TX |
appears to know his field of expertise excellent
Have you seen Dr. Richard Baum, MD?

Visit Dr. Baum