Dr. Richard Barnes, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Barnes

Center 4 Stress Reduction PLLC

48 N Tucson Blvd Ste 106 Tucson, AZ 85716

Dr. Richard Barnes, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Hahnemann Universtiy-Philadelphia in 1993 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Barnes accepts

Dr. Barnes accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Barnes' experience treating your condition or procedure

3.7

Dr. Barnes?
Dr. Barnes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Barnes, MD
When I called I was asked personal questions over the phone by a receptionist (no I am not a drug addict or alcoholic) and was told that I would be contacted with their decision on whether or not I would be accepted as a new patient. I then received a message a day later that I wasn't being accepted with no explanation at all. It's pretty sad that when people are reaching out to try to get help for their mental health that they are treated in a very cold and uncaring way and are made to feel like they are not worthy of a doctor's time. If you are trying to find a psychiatrist, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
Dr. Barnes is extremely professional, knowledgeable and cutting edge. I would recommend Dr. Barnes to anyone seeking a Doctor who listens, does not assume and treats you like an individual.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
Dr. Barnes and office staff are nothing short of attentive and professional. Dr. Barnes knows about trauma and ptsd, depression and anxiety. Dr. Barnes goals are achievable and successful and he is conscientious about medicating and helpin you to no longer be in need of meds by giving you the tools you need to be healthy and living your best life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
Dr. Barnes has been the best doctor and counselor I've ever seen. Three years ago I found him after a long search for a psych with a holistic mindset. That is so hard to find. Right off he set the goal to improve my mental health with cognitive therapy and alternative means to compliment my meds and eventually reduce my meds until I don't need them. Exactly what I needed and I'm progressing to that point now. Best of all he's so skilled in both talk and med therapy, so compassionate and honest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
Dr. Barnes has been a life saver. I don’t understand the comments that he is rated with one star. It seems like they have more problems with the secretary. She has been nothing but nice to me. He not only Prescribes medications, like all Psychiatrists. He also spends time talking to me. Which in my experience is extremely hard to find! His prescribing method is exactly how a Doctors should be. Not a drug pusher by any means. He will prescribe medication if you need. It. He is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
It says something about Dr. Barnes that so many people are waiting to see him...He's really great. He screens his patients with purpose, and doing all potential patients a favor by making sure it's a good fit. I appreciate doctors who don't want to waste my time with long intake appointments. DaShawnna is really great and thoughtful and great about appointment reminders. She remembers my preferences when scheduling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
I have waited over 48 hours to know if I'll be accepted to see the great and powerful Dr. Barnes, and still no response (even after I called yesterday to ask for a status update). How disrespectful and uncaring can you get? Obviously one is reaching out for help and to be put through a phone questionnaire with extremly personal questions by whoever is answering the phone (not a doctor) and then not be contacted? Disgusting. I called another provide and they made an appt for me right away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
Just from the way that you are screened on the phone seems like you are trying to gain entrance into a club. The way that the receptionist talks to the patients is belittling and rude. No care, no concern. For an individual to reach out for help and to feel so miniscule when asking for help it is a sad thing to see. I would NEVER recommend going to this office simply due to the lack of compassion that is displayed from the first impression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
Never thought I would receive such horrible service from the office manager. For a psychiatrist to refuse a patient and not allow the patient to know why she's being refused is probably the worst medical experience I've ever had. For someone with a severe generalized anxiety disorder and a severe depressive mood disorder, these are just the very things I need to set off a panic attack. The office manager is not only rude, she asks the most personal questions without any sense of sincerity. BAD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?
I just had my first appointment today at the Center4 Stress Reduction and my first session with Dr. Richard Barnes. I could not be more impressed by how professional and knowledgable he was. The entire staff made me feel at ease and comfortable. I am truly looking forward to upcoming appointments and I am positive with the help of Dr. Barnes that I will be in a much better place with my anxiety. I would highly recommend this Psychiatrist to anyone going through a tough time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Barnes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barnes?