Dr. Richard Babkes, MD

Dr. Richard Babkes, MD

Neurology  ·
Dr. Richard Babkes, MD is a neurology specialist in Ellicott City, MD and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from U De La Republica, Montevideo in 1974 and specializes in neurology.

3290 N Ridge Rd Ste 240

Ellicott City, MD 21043

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Babkes

See how frequently Dr. Babkes performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Diabetic Polyneuropathy

Dr. Babkes's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Babkes "Dr. Babkes cares for, and cares about his patients, providing the highest quality medical care in an ethical and respectful environment."

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• U De La Republica, Montevideo
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • Jewish Meml Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Babkes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Babkes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Babkes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Babkes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Babkes to family and friends

Dr. Babkes' Performance

I saw Dr. Babkes for problems with migraines and visual disturbances. At my first appointment, he listened to all my concerns and asked further questions instead of just brushing me off as other doctors had done. Then he sent me for an MRI. At my follow-up, he did a great job explaining the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Babkes takes time to listen and offer treatment options. He has done a great job of taking care of me and my family with care and compassion. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Babkes is kind, compassionate and gentle but, most importantly, he is smart. He knows his field inside out as top doctors refer to him. He gives his all to help you. You won't be disappointed. He has a lovely, supportive office staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I misplaced medical card & was willing to come back in morning with $40 copay.They refused and then added that my appointment would be considered a "no show" & a large fee would be added.My husband was able to send me medical card over the phone.The receptionist told doctor.He was rude & rushed me...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My first appointment with him in August, I brought my mother with me because I was getting over the flu. He claimed I shouldn't be driving and should be living with my mom even though my seizures were maintained on medication for over 7 months. I go back again in October to have him send a note to...more
Are you Dr. Babkes?