Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Richard Arden, MD
Dr. Richard Arden, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Rochester Hills, MI. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Arden is affiliated with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center and Beaumont Hospital - Troy Campus.

1202 Walton Blvd Ste 201

• HAP Insurance
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Arden

Dr. Arden's Experience

Dr. Arden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Microvascular Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Salivary Gland Surgery
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Wayne St U Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Uc-Irvine Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Arden has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Arden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Arden's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arden to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Arden Says:

This is Dr. Arden responding to the 03/29/16 review

Because you, and a sibling who was never a patient, have posted on multiple review sites, regarding services provided many years ago (and not as stated, recently), we will post the same response to all. We treat all patients with the respect and care they deserve, but do not tolerate abuse towards the staff or disruptive behavior in our...

Dr. Arden's Performance
in Macomb, MI |
I recently had surgery with Dr. Arden to correct my sinus/breathing issues. He heard my concerns and addressed them in terms that were easy to understand. I could not be happier with the surgery, consultation & follow up visit. The Dr. and staff are thorough and professional. In addition, the day of my surgery, Dr. Arden phoned me at 7 p.m. to see how I was feeling. That was above and beyond my expectation. Excellent bedside manner. I would highly recommend him.
in Shelby Township |
What a fantastic doctor! Dr Arden called me late at night a day after my biopsy to tell me the mass is benign. I'm very impressed with his approach for the 'next steps' also. Thank you Dr. Arden!
in Birmingham, MI |
Dr. Arden performed rhinoplasty on me in April, 2007 and it was one of the very best things I have ever done for myself! The surgery changed my life! He did everything he could to explain the procedure in terms I could understand and although I was very nervous, I felt very comfortable and at ease. If anyone is ever considering having this surgery done, I would highly recommend Dr. Arden.
Rochester Hills, MI |
Dr. Arden is one of the most knowledgeable, talented, and thoughtful physicians I have ever seen. He was able to explain things in terms that I can understand as well as help me feel at ease with surgery. He listened to what I wanted and definitely delivered!! I couldn't be happier with my surgical experience, consultation, or follow-ups. I will definitely refer all of my friends and family to him.
in Detroit. MI |
I was pleasantly surprised by the service and care at this clinic. The receptionist was quite polite and helpful and Dr. Arden listened to all my concerns and history of illnesses and were very reassuring. I will go back in few weeks for a major treatment now that I feel that I can trust this physician and the clinic. Thank you.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
Complained of chronic cough and sinusitis. On the day of my second appointment I just received notice of my mother passing, had no time to shower prior to appointment. Obviously did not see swollen tonsil when he had me open my mouth wide for an examination. He told me I stink and could be smelled down the hallway. Response was you don't have to treat me like I am a wierdo. Seriously would like a zero star option for this review as I found him entirely destructive.
I am sorry that you feel this way and am shocked at the details contained in your review. I would never act in such a way nor disrespect my patients in this manner. I do not recall anything of this type occurring, nor a patient with your particular details. If you wish to further discuss your concerns, please reach out to us by calling the office. We would be happy to speak with you.
in Rochester, MI |
Dr. Arden did a reconstruction on my nose to improve breathing. While I can breath great now, I asked for small cosmetic changes and received a huge change to the look of my nose. My nose looks completely different, is off center and my nostrils are completely asymmetric. It has been a really bad experience. I would not recommend Dr. Arden.
Mrs. Grace P- You should have been a fiction writer. Your 1st surgery was elsewhere, and you described significant breathing problems, external deformities including asymmetry of the nasal tip, narrowed middle vault, change in the boney profile, and tenderness and irregularity of the nasal bones; i.e., your nose wasn't "great" as you claim. We explained the changes needed. Your result was good with a minor tip deflection. I agreed to revise for free. The rest is history and your imagination.
in Clinton Township, MI |
Dr. Arden has been my E.N.T Specialist going on eight years now, everytime I have a appointment , when leaving his office there's a feeling of relief , Dr. Arden not only takes care of my medical issues, he's always , friendly and compassionate, and has always been sincere when reviewing any health issues by explaining them in detail. He is highly recognized within his field of expertise, and I would definately recommend him.
in Troy, MI |
BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!! So caring, and listens to everything and explains everything. If you want a natural nose, he is the best doctor!! I recommend him to everyone! Family and friends are very happy with my rhinoplasty results, and it's the best decision I ever made!!!
I was beyond Impressed with my experience at Dr.Arden office. He was exactly the right choice,He's professional and he knows what he is doing. I recently had surgery with Dr. Arden to correct my breathing/nose issue And I could not have been more impressed with my results. I was referred to him by many family friends who had great results as well.
in Macomb, MI |
My sibling went to Dr. Arden for a Rhinoplasty and had a very bad experience. He caused his nose to be deformed. He has serious breathing issues caused by Dr. Arden. He pushes patients to surgery without studying their issues. The man performs aggressive and unnecessary surgery and is not good with aesthetics either. He will just make a patient look worse and breath worse as well. It doesn't help that he has a ego and manner problem.
in Detroit, MI |
Overall very good experience. Waited in lobby for 20 minutes but was worth it. He is very competent and knows a lot about health issues affecting me (throat-related)....
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
I recently had surgery with Dr Arden to correct my nose. I was referred to him by several of my cousins who had excellent results. I was unable to breath and did not like the size and shape of my nose. He did an amazing job! I can now breath and love the natural look of my nose!
in Los Angeles, CA |
While visiting Detroit area, needed to see a nose doctor. Through a friend recommendation who lives in the Sterling Heights area, I ended up visiting Dr. Richard L. Arden. The facility was very clean and the staff were friendly. Dr. Arden heard about my situation and offered great advice and recommendation. I will need minor surgery but need to do that at my home State. Overall happy with the visit even though I did not go through surgery (not urgent).
in Rochester, MI |
I feel as if the doctor wasn't listening to me because he didn't let me say everything I needed to say. I had a nose surgery by him to fix my breathing problem that still persist to this day. The surgery was a fail and a waste of time. I still can't breathe through my nose or taste any food.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Arden, MD?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital

Visit Dr. Arden