Dr. Richard Angrist, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Angrist

Richard C Angrist MD PA

3810 River Rd Point Pleasant Boro, NJ 08742

Dr. Richard Angrist, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Point Pleasant Boro, NJ and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 1979 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Dr. Angrist's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Angrist

3.2

Dr. Angrist?
Dr. Angrist's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Richard Angrist, MD
Dr.Angrist is very unprofessional and rude. The worst of him that I just recently found out when I went to see another eye doctor was that he gave me a wrong prescription of my vision. He not only transposed both vision numbers, but the numbers were also off as well. I went to see another eye doctor because I did not trust him. Please take heed of this and get a second opinion if you have visited him. I already blacklisted him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
This was 1 of the worst doctors visits ever! My husband was sent for metal in his eye to have it removed. This man was RUDE..CONDESENDING..OFFENSIVE JUST NASTY! Talked down to him like he was over exaggerating his pain...saying nothing was wrong..er confirmed it was there.Then proceeded to press on his eye so hard he flew out of chair!! Dialates both eyes then does see scratches on cornea then tells him he could go back to work RIGHT AFTER HE COULDNT SEE AND IT WAS 1PM AND HE WORKS OVER AN HOUR AWAY!! He couldn't drive around the corner both eyes dilated 1 injured.he knows that obviously...couldn't see to actually work..to even say it so rude and insulting to him!! He acted like we were beneath him..I never saw anything like this severe before from a doctor in my life..I insisted on a doc note it was an impossible thing to suggest. I'd never recommend him on any level to anyone...if I could give less then 1 star I WOULD!! STAY AWAY FROM DOCTOR ANGRIST A TERRIBLE DOCTOR AND A JERK!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
I felt it was an assembly line. When you’re finished with various staff members. You finally speak to Dr Angrist for five minutes or less.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
Amazing warm caring engaged staff amd doctor. Everyone explained every step of the entire visit and the results of all their tests. Ive been to countless eye doctors on my life and by far without a shred of comparison,dr angrist is the best. 10 out of 5 stars for my rating! From Sabrina,who is awesome,to Claudia,who did my exam,Dr.angrist,himself to Donna and the other ladies at the front desk, you are a great team. Thank you for the great exoerience and helpfulness. Keep up the great work !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
You are a truly gifted Opthamologist. Thank you Dr. Angrist, for being there for my Family all these years. You saved my Son's eye with your prompt diagnosis & made sure my other Son could see properly, when he was given the wrong Rx. for glasses. I can't thank you enough because you are just the Best. God bless you for all you do for your Patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
I was seen in the Point Pleasant office by Dr. Angrist for the 1st time. I was referred there by my eye doctor for a consult for laser surgery. Everyone in that place was rude including the doctor himself. He spent a total of maybe 5 minutes with me and did not explain anything to me. He me I was “fine” and sent me on my way. I waited 2 1/2 hours to see him!! WAISTE! I do not recommend this doctor AT ALL. Very unprofessional doctor and staff. Zero stars here but had to choose at least 1.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
1st time patient,1st impression,woman at front desk texting on her cell phone, didn't even look up at me even though I was standing in front of her.Another person saw me there & came to take care of me.Waiting room looked dirty,everyone including staff were speaking in a foreign language,rude to those around who spoke English to them at check in.Dr. Angrist walked in & out of my room twice without even looking at me,just went to get money for his delivered lunch.He never cleaned equipment for me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
Unprofessional! Very rude! Waste of time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
Saw Dr. Angristat his Point Pleasant office. The office is filthy and disorganized. Dr. Angrist has zero bed side manner. His assistant is extremely unprofessional. Very disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
I had basal cell cancer removed from my lower eyelid and needed a plastic surgeon to repair the sight. I was referred to Dr. Angrist and am so thankful that I was.. He did an amazing job on repairing my lower lid. During the entire process he has gone above and beyond to help me with any problems that I had. Actually seen me on a Saturday evening and once on a Sunday morning. His patient care is his absolute top priority..Have recommended him to all my friends..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
Would give him not stars if I was able to. Nasty, nasty, nasty
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Angrist all my family and friends. He is very professional and courteous. I had a problem with one eye and Dr. Angrist saw me right away even though I was a new patient. There are few doctors today, as professional and caring as Dr. Angrist. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
I did not have insurance and had a real scare - I realized that my close-up vision was extremely blurry, and my eyes had been irritated and slightly red for a couple months. Dr. Angrists office assured me that he would see me regardless of insurance and they fit me in for the next day. The care I received was incredible. I have trouble trusting doctors but Dr. Angrist proved that he cared about his patients and was extremely competent. He totally saved my eyesight and charged me almost nothing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
Dr. Angrist is a highly engaged health care professional. This doctor has truly come into his own which has been remarkable to witness. A patient for many many years, then and now, Dr. Angrist has always been keen to put the care eyes and vision first. On any occaisionion i have needed this doctor he has made himself available. There are few doctors that are this absorbed in the field. I recommend him often and with confidence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?
Wouldnt recomend him to anyone , very unprofessional,Docter made rude comments to his staff about my child being in the lobby *1y/o .When i was leaving and following up with scheduling an appointment they said 3pm was avail. And he told the lady to switch it to 5:30 without even asking me. So when i came in the following week he was an hour late And everyone who was there before me was gone i checked out at 7 when i suppose theyre closed already. Never apologized ..never will i go to him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Richard Angrist, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Angrist?

• Ophthalmology

University Of Wisconsin-Madison
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
Albany Memorial Hospital
1979
Albany Medical College
1979

Dr. Angrist accepts

Dr. Angrist accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

• Tear Duct Disorders
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Ulcer

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Angrist treats patients.