Interventional Cardiology  |
Dr. Richard Ammar Jr, MD
Dr. Ammar was born in the coalfields of West Virginia where he attended high school and was an all-state football player. Following graduation, he trained as a biomedical engineer at Vanderbilt. He returned to his home state for medical school at WVU and moved to Iowa for post-graduate training. There he met and married his best friend. He worked in the upper Midwest for about 14 years prior to moving to Texas. He and his wife are blessed with two wonderful teenage boys; family, school, and church activities prevent any danger of boredom in their home. When time permits, he is an avid college football and basketball fan. Professionally, Dr. Ammar is fellowship trained in all aspects of interventional cardiology and has been trained in vascular and endovascular medicine by some of the luminaries in the field.

3537 S Interstate 35 E Ste 305

Denton, TX 76210

• AARP
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • HealthSmart
  • Medicare
  • PacifiCare Health Systems
  • PHCS
  • Scott & White Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Ammar Jr

See how frequently Dr. Ammar Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thrombosis
Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
Chest Pain

Dr. Ammar Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Peripheral Vascular Stenting
  • Peripheral Vascular Studies
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Thrombolysis
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

• University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics-Cardiovascular Disease
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics-Interventional Cardiology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Ammar Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ammar Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ammar Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ammar Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ammar Jr to family and friends
Dr. Ammar Jr's Performance
in Corinth |
I highly recommend Dr. Ammar. Very professional, caring and compassionate to his patients.
Denton, TX |
Dr. Ammar and his team are exceptionally professional, caring and efficient. I’m very pleased and confident in the care I’ve received for my HBP, arrhythmia and syncope. I’ve seen other cardiologists in the area and elsewhere in the country, and feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Ammar and Texas CardioVascular Specialists.
in Denton, TX |
Dr. Richard Ammar is very personable. He is very thorough has the patient's best interest in mind.
in Aubrey, TX |
very good heart doctor
in Denton, Tx |
Dr. Amman is very positive, sensitive and attentive to patient needs. His explanation of health issues is both thorough and reassuring. In addition, his staff is friendly, efficient and professional. I strongly recommend his practice.
Little Elm, TX |
I have been extremely impressed with Dr. Ammar. He treats me like he cares about me and my problem, he explains things in terms I understand and does not rush through the appointment.
in Denton, TX |
Dr. Ammar is very knowledgeable and caring. He always takes the time to listen about my concerns and is never in a hurry. He has been mine and my husband's Doctor for several years and will remain our Doctor. We are always treated as family by Dr. Ammar and his entire staff. If you need an excellent heart specialist, he's the one you need to see. Thanks Dr. Ammar.
in Aubrey, TX |
as a patient, a recommendation is to weak of a word for me to express to anyone hig highly I regard - and trust with my life - Dr. Ammar. Dr. Ammar acted with passion, compassion and expertise in rapidly diagnosing and addressing my personal health - in less than a week. As a former Paramedic, my self-diagnosis was not good. Dr. Ammar's friendly, open approach the very first time I met him put me a ease. At that moment, I knew i was in excellent hands. Outstanding!
in Double Oak, TX |
A year ago May 2016 I made the decision to pick up the phone and call "911". It was the best decision on my life. At that time I was introduced to a young doctor, Dr Richard Ammar, who not only saved my life but put me on a program to change bad habits and learn to live a healthy lifestyle. Over time he has not only become my cardiac doctor but a friend. I own what I am today to his expert knowledge and care. Thank You Dr Ammar. I am so luck to be part of the Texas Cardiologists family.
in Denton, TX |
Dr. Richard Ammar and his nurses and staff are all very professional and kind people. I was treated with respect and dignity and was put at ease by their knowledge and expertise.Dr. Ammar listens to his patients and is efficient and caring in ordering tests and discussing problems.The offices of Texas Cardiovascular Specialists are proactive and helpful.
Denton, TX |
After some pretty unsatisfactory appointment with cardiologist I have finally found one ! Dr, Ammar Is just gtest... kind ....Attentive ... and a great sense of humor!
in Denton, TX |
I first met Dr. Ammar after I was hospitalised with Congestive Heart Failure in August of 2016. He attempted to place a stint in one of the arteries near my heart. Since then, Dr. Ammar has been my cardiologist. I am very pleased with the care that I receive from Dr. Ammar and his staff is excellent.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Ammar and Nurse Kathy are the most professional and caring professionals I have met in my dealing with medical professionals. They genuinely care about your health, take the time to ask necessary questions and get to know you personally. They are not only my doctor but I consider them part of my family. There approach to patient care shows in the rest of the staff too.
in CORINTH, TX |
I can say nothing but positive things about Dr. Ammar and his staff. They are very friendly, understanding and make the visit extremely pleasant. It's almost more of a social visit than a Doctors appointment. As for Dr. Ammar, his communication skills and bed side manner are incredible. He listens, he answers, and it's all done with concern. Very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend Dr. Ammar and group. You will not be disappointed. I should know, he's been mine for five years.
in Frisco, TX |
I am so thankful that Dr. Ammar and Ashley (do not know her surname) were in the ER when my dad had a massive heart attack Sat., 3/4/17. Not only are their bedside manner the best I've ever seen, they are the elite. Unfortunately, my dad did not make it while in ICU but that was not for a lack of diligence and expertise. The ICU nurses, Kevin, Karen and Amy, as well as Inu (not sure about spelling) did their best to further Dr. Ammar's handiwork. All are superstars!
in Denton, Texas |
Excellent experience. I have been so pleased with Dr. Ammar. He is genuine, skilled, knowledgeable and kind. The office staff is excellent and my heart Cath procedure could not have gone better. Thanks to you all!
in Ft Worth, TX |
My Experience with Dr. Ammar has been nothing but excellent. He is very trustworthy, knowlegeable caring and has a great personality! He diagnosed my problem, discussed it with me to where I understood everything, kept me calm and made me healthy again! I am blessed to have him come into my life!
New Orleans, LA |
I just love Dr. Ammar and his team. Very professional and caring and they have become like family.
in Lynden, WA |
We were visiting family in Fort Worth when I had a heart attack. I was sent to Denton Regional for a triple bipass surgery. I met Dr Ammar pre, post and follow up after surgery. I found Dr Ammar to be compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and the list goes on. Outstanding patient care and have recommended him to my brother in law. Thank you Dr Ammar and staff for providing such excellent patient care. God bless you.
in Muenster, TX |
Dr Ammar is a God Send. I have 34 stents from 20 cath lab trips for 12 heart attacks. Having said that, I'm kind of a "Conosueur" Of cardiac care! Dr Ammar has done procedures that no one in DFW can do, as well as being able to go in through the wrist, instead of the groin. Quicker recovery and far less pain ( actually no pain). He's funny, thorough , knowledgable , and caring. He'll spend as much time with you as is needed for you / family to be comfortable and informed about your proceedure
in Argyle, TX |
Wow!! If you want to put your heart in the hands of a doctor, this is THE GUY you want!!!! Dr. Ammar knows his business and can and will make you comfortable about having him as a partner in dealing with your cardiac health. Frank Wolter
Have you seen Dr. Richard Ammar Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Ammar Jr?

Visit Dr. Ammar Jr

Dr. Ammar Jr accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Galaxy Health Network