Dr. Richard Ammar Jr, MD

Interventional Cardiology | Male

Texas Cardiovascular 3537 S Interstate 35 E Ste 200 Denton, TX 76210 Get Directions
Dr. Richard Ammar Jr, MD

Dr. Ammar was born in the coalfields of West Virginia where he attended high school and was an all-state football player. Following graduation, he trained as a biomedical engineer at Vanderbilt. He returned to his home state for medical school at WVU and moved to Iowa for post-graduate training. There he met and married his best friend. He worked in the upper Midwest for about 14 years prior to moving to Texas. He and his wife are blessed with two wonderful teenage boys; family, school, and church activities prevent any danger of boredom in their home. When time permits, he is an avid college football and basketball fan. Professionally, Dr. Ammar is fellowship trained in all aspects of interventional cardiology and has been trained in vascular and endovascular medicine by some of the luminaries in the field.

...See Less

Dr. Ammar Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Ammar Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ammar Jr

Dr. Ammar Jr accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Ammar Jr is now accepting new patients
Denton Office (Main office)3537 S Interstate 35 E Ste 200
Denton, TX 76210
(940) 384-4599Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Ammar Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ammar Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ammar Jr to family and friends
Dr. Ammar Jr's Performance
in Aubrey, TX |
as a patient, a recommendation is to weak of a word for me to express to anyone hig highly I regard - and trust with my life - Dr. Ammar. Dr. Ammar acted with passion, compassion and expertise in rapidly diagnosing and addressing my personal health - in less than a week. As a former Paramedic, my self-diagnosis was not good. Dr. Ammar's friendly, open approach the very first time I met him put me a ease. At that moment, I knew i was in excellent hands. Outstanding!
in Double Oak, TX |
A year ago May 2016 I made the decision to pick up the phone and call "911". It was the best decision on my life. At that time I was introduced to a young doctor, Dr Richard Ammar, who not only saved my life but put me on a program to change bad habits and learn to live a healthy lifestyle. Over time he has not only become my cardiac doctor but a friend. I own what I am today to his expert knowledge and care. Thank You Dr Ammar. I am so luck to be part of the Texas Cardiologists family.
in Denton, TX |
Dr. Richard Ammar and his nurses and staff are all very professional and kind people. I was treated with respect and dignity and was put at ease by their knowledge and expertise.Dr. Ammar listens to his patients and is efficient and caring in ordering tests and discussing problems.The offices of Texas Cardiovascular Specialists are proactive and helpful.
in Denton, TX |
Dr. Ammar was the first doctor I saw when I moved to Denton. He continues to impress me the longer I see him. He is a great listener. He explains my health thoroughly. I feel that he is an excellent Doctor.
in Corinth, Tx. |
I would highly recommend Dr. Richard Ammar Jr. He has been taking care of my a-fib situation now for about 6 months. Very professional staff in the office. Little wait time to be seen. Thank you, Dr. Ammar, for everything.
Denton, TX |
After some pretty unsatisfactory appointment with cardiologist I have finally found one ! Dr, Ammar Is just gtest... kind ....Attentive ... and a great sense of humor!
in Denton, TX |
I first met Dr. Ammar after I was hospitalised with Congestive Heart Failure in August of 2016. He attempted to place a stint in one of the arteries near my heart. Since then, Dr. Ammar has been my cardiologist. I am very pleased with the care that I receive from Dr. Ammar and his staff is excellent.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Ammar and Nurse Kathy are the most professional and caring professionals I have met in my dealing with medical professionals. They genuinely care about your health, take the time to ask necessary questions and get to know you personally. They are not only my doctor but I consider them part of my family. There approach to patient care shows in the rest of the staff too.
in CORINTH, TX |
I can say nothing but positive things about Dr. Ammar and his staff. They are very friendly, understanding and make the visit extremely pleasant. It's almost more of a social visit than a Doctors appointment. As for Dr. Ammar, his communication skills and bed side manner are incredible. He listens, he answers, and it's all done with concern. Very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend Dr. Ammar and group. You will not be disappointed. I should know, he's been mine for five years.
in Frisco, TX |
I am so thankful that Dr. Ammar and Ashley (do not know her surname) were in the ER when my dad had a massive heart attack Sat., 3/4/17. Not only are their bedside manner the best I've ever seen, they are the elite. Unfortunately, my dad did not make it while in ICU but that was not for a lack of diligence and expertise. The ICU nurses, Kevin, Karen and Amy, as well as Inu (not sure about spelling) did their best to further Dr. Ammar's handiwork. All are superstars!
in Denton, Texas |
Excellent experience. I have been so pleased with Dr. Ammar. He is genuine, skilled, knowledgeable and kind. The office staff is excellent and my heart Cath procedure could not have gone better. Thanks to you all!
in Ft Worth, TX |
My Experience with Dr. Ammar has been nothing but excellent. He is very trustworthy, knowlegeable caring and has a great personality! He diagnosed my problem, discussed it with me to where I understood everything, kept me calm and made me healthy again! I am blessed to have him come into my life!
New Orleans, LA |
I just love Dr. Ammar and his team. Very professional and caring and they have become like family.
in Lynden, WA |
We were visiting family in Fort Worth when I had a heart attack. I was sent to Denton Regional for a triple bipass surgery. I met Dr Ammar pre, post and follow up after surgery. I found Dr Ammar to be compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and the list goes on. Outstanding patient care and have recommended him to my brother in law. Thank you Dr Ammar and staff for providing such excellent patient care. God bless you.
in Muenster, TX |
Dr Ammar is a God Send. I have 34 stents from 20 cath lab trips for 12 heart attacks. Having said that, I'm kind of a "Conosueur" Of cardiac care! Dr Ammar has done procedures that no one in DFW can do, as well as being able to go in through the wrist, instead of the groin. Quicker recovery and far less pain ( actually no pain). He's funny, thorough , knowledgable , and caring. He'll spend as much time with you as is needed for you / family to be comfortable and informed about your proceedure
in Argyle, TX |
Wow!! If you want to put your heart in the hands of a doctor, this is THE GUY you want!!!! Dr. Ammar knows his business and can and will make you comfortable about having him as a partner in dealing with your cardiac health. Frank Wolter
Have you seen Dr. Richard Ammar Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Ammar Jr?

Compare Dr. Ammar Jr

Dr. Ammar Jr says...

Dr. Ammar Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology

Dr. Ammar Jr has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ammar Jr's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics-Interventional Cardiology

Completed in 2000

Vanderbilt University

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Ammar Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ammar Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Cardiology
  • Cardiology

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging