Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Ricardo Solis, MD
Dr. Ricardo Solis, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 49 years old.

4007 James Casey St Ste D150

Austin, TX 78745

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Solis

See how frequently Dr. Solis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anal Disorders
Anal and Rectal Cancer
Intestinal Obstruction
high

Dr. Solis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Condyloma Destruction
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Polypectomy
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectal Surgery
  • Sphincterotomy

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Staten Island University Hospital
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Fellow, American College of Surgeons,

Dr. Solis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Solis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Solis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Solis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Solis to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Solis' Performance
Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Ricardo Solis is an amazing surgeon, he saved my life. I had a hole in my intestine and was slowly dying. For over three years I had been told by countless physicians that it was just hemorrhoids and that I need to eat better; get plenty of sleep, and drink water. All the while I was slowly dying. I had countless trips to the emergency room and a few times I almost didn't make it. By the grace of God I discovered him by accident. Within five minutes he had an accurate diagnosis and schedule
in Austin, TX |
They care very little for the patient, they are EXTREMELY overbooked, and make no apologies for any inconvenience they are responsible for. They made us wait for over an hour, Dr. Solis refused to discuss my grandmother colon scope after her procedure because he was to busy and made us make an appointment 3 weeks later. At that appointment he took another patient in the middle of my grandmothers appointment, causing us to have to leave. 8 weeks and we still have no answers. Rude, inconsiderate.
in Austin, Texas |
OMG!!! Going back 10 years(2007), I was 31 years old and had a severe diverticulitis attack. (3 Xs in 1 year) Doctors in the ER were in disbelief that a person so young could have such an advanced case of Diverticulosis. I was referred to a specialist but opted to choose my own that a friend recommended. We exhausted all our options and I finally had a successful colon resection. He cares & listens and has an excellent bedside manner. Dr. Solis and his staff are the BEST!
Arizona City, AZ |
This man is a butcher, took my colon out and he did it on purpose wasn't anything wrong with it and told me that I wouldn't need a colon and he said I couldn't get colon Cancer. He is a very bad doctor and would not reccomend him to anybody.
in Wimberley, TX |
Nancy Boddeker-Blais Wimberley Texas August 12,2016 I am very grateful to Dr. Ricardo Solis. Because of his knowledge and skill as a surgeon, I have been relieved of a lifelong problem. I definitely recommend him.
Austin, TX |
Waited more than a month for a schedule. Was told to come 15 min early to fill paper work...so I came even a bit earlier. One hour wait later, I asked for an update and was told he is running 1.5 hours behind. Looking at the waiting room, there are 6 people still ahead of me. I left. Poor scheduling and total disregard of other people's time. I will NEVER come back to this clinic and won't recommend them to anyone. Can't comment about the DR. Solis because I never saw him.
in Hutto, TX |
I would not recommend him to anybody.
in Wimberley, Texas |
Their staff & Dr. Solis are very professional. I don't look forward to the treatment I need but I know I'll be in good hands. Thank you all at Dr. Solis'office. J. SULLIVAN
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Solice has been working with my family and I for over 10 years now. He is an excellent Doctor who is very knowledgable in his field. He has treated my wife for colon cancer though surgery and continues to provide the colonoscopies as scheduled. His office staff are the best as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this doctor for care, especially if you are being treated for colon cancer.
Have you seen Dr. Ricardo Solis, MD?
Are you Dr. Solis?