Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 67

Dr. Fernandez

Princeton Family Care Assocs

12 Roszel Rd Ste A103 Princeton, NJ 08540

Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Princeton, NJ and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rutgers Medical School medical school in 1979. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fernandez to book an appointment.

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Fernandez with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center today at (732) 201-3872.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center.

Dr. Fernandez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fernandez

3.4

Dr. Fernandez?
  • Staff friendliness (16)
  • Office environment (14)
  • Appointment scheduling (13)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
Dr. Fernandez was recommended by a family member. The team was quick to respond to my phone calls/emails, and were very helpful. Anyone who is interested in medication for mental health/ADHD/related issues should feel comfortable talking to Dr. Fernandez
Dec 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
I was very hesitant to try medicine again, but Dr. Fernandez and his staff are always supportive and helpful. They answer any questions I have, and move at a comfortable speed for each client. I would definitely recommend this practice to anyone, regardless if they’ve tried medicine before or not.
  • Appointment was rushed
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
There are not enough superlatives to accurately praise Princeton Family Care and Dr. Fernandez. I have been a patient for 27 years and my severely autistic son has been a patient for 15 years. Dr. Fernandez is truly a lifesaver. His unparalleled ability to find the solution to a problem is swift and accurate. He and his staff have always been supportive and kind. He holds a multitude of certifications that allow him to take patients, even the most severe mental illness, and design a plan to bring them back to wellness. That is why I give Dr. Fernandez and his staff the highest recommendation possible. You will not be disappointed.
S. Boyles – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
Many reviews have included credentials, experience and numerous degrees that indicate Dr.Fernandez's skills, and compassion and I am in agreement with these positive reviews. I had attempted suicide about 16 years ago and Dr.F immediately had seen me, as a new patient and I have trusted him and his top rated staff for 16 years and counting. My history included trying 4 other doctors in the same exact field in PA,NJ and DE with little improvement. If you know what it is like to dread each day and want to get better-SEE this man. I am in the best mental and physical health of my life.
BD – Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
This wonderful Doctor helped save my life and set me on right path to address my mental health issues 40 years ago. I will always be grateful.
Karen L'Hussier – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
Dr. Fernandez and his staff have been the most amazing, helpful, and understanding group of people I have encountered in the mental health field. There are strict rules that Dr. Fernandez must abide by in high-risk patients and he is an expert at identifying those that do not admit their propensity for past high-risk behavior. This man is Super-Sharp and "Totally On His Game"! He works hard to help but you must work just as hard to help yourself. Patients should never adjust their own meds!
Jennifer in Robbinsville – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
Dr. Farnandez has been the most compassionate, knowledgeable doctor that helped me and my family in the most darkest time of our lives. Thank you so much Dr. Farnandez!
Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
This doctor almost killed me because of his negligence and ignorance.
Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
Do not waste your money and time with this person. I paid $675 for an initial visit, actually, my only visit with him. All he cared about was the fact that I took ativan, a benzo. Well, if you are not well, no dr should just focus on the med that helps you get through the day. When I stabilized I planned on being weaned off of the ativan. I called a day or two later to inform him I did not feel well. His response was what do you want me to do? I was dumbfounded!! Stay Away from him. Poor reviews
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dawn in NJ – May 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
No no no please find someone else! He is such a jerk!! He completely stresses me out and note I'm there to see him for anxiety related issues. If you are paying out of pocket there are so many other good people to see. I feel sad that he is in this line of work.
Princeton, NJ – Sep 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?
Dr. Fernandez has helped me enormously over the past 15 years with medication management. He has listened carefully to the explanation of my symptoms and has adjusted medication promptly. He is very smart about the nuances of the different medications. Whereas other psychiatrists seemed to give up on controlling my illness, Dr. Fernandez persevered. With his help, I have become quite healthy.
Somerset, NJ – Jul 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fernandez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fernandez?

• Psychiatry