Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Fermo

Fermo Psychiatric Solutions, Inc

887 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Ste 100 Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Mount Pleasant, SC and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Far Eastern Univ Hosp in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Fermo accepts

Dr. Fermo accepts the following insurance:

Federal Employee Program

Dr. Fermo treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 42% of his peers

Dr. Fermo treats this condition more than 42% of his peers

Dr. Fermo's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Insomnia
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Persistent Anxiety
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Supportive Counseling
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome

To provide promote outstanding, comprehensive outpatient psychiatric care, by making services quickly accessible, treating our clients with respect and dignity, providing our best expertise to the coastal Carolina area. I am patient oriented, believe...

• Psychiatry

1990
1989
1982
1977

• Voted Best Psychiatrist in Mount Pleasant, SC by Mount Pleasant Magazine, 2013

Dr. Fermo's Reviews

Dr. Fermo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD
Sr Fermo is worthless The end
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
HORRIBLE!!! Called with an emergency important and miserable problem and jerked around while they lied and stalled me for two days so far!!! And that’s just this one most recent bad episode!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
I was a patient of dr Fermo as a child until I was an adult. He is a very awesome doctor and I’m thankful for him helping me to learn to cope with thing instead of turning to meds. I’m now 28 and doing so much better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Great experience with this doctor. He listens, combines what you say with your prior experience and response to meds and his instincts about what issues are present to come up with a treatment plan. He adjusts it as you go to improve the results. I would and do recommend him to any of my friends and family needing help with simple to complex psychiatric issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
The staff at Dr. Fermo's office is great, friendly and tends to all my needs. Dr. Fermo can run late at times due to being with other patients but its expected as situations that are uncontrollable do arise along with last minute patients who may need to be seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr. Fermo appears to be extremely knowledgeable, however that all of the knowledge in the world does not make up for his lack of caring and the thoughtlessness and inconsideration of his office. There have been two separate occasions I have not been able to reach his office for weeks. Use the MUSC - Comprehensive Psychiatric Care Specialists for knowledgable, caring and responsive psychiatric care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr. Fermo is professional and knowledgeable. I find that it is okay to wait a little longer since it’s such a small staff. They do try. Dr. Fermo is educated beyond belief and is more knowledgeable than I could have ever imagined. Plus he is a likable guy that has some unique office decor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr. Furmo is knowledgeable but has no idea what he is doing in his practice. I made my appointments at 6am in the morning because he runs so far behind and you will be in the office all day. He does not take adequate notes and has caused serious complications with my mental health, because he does not keep up with anything. He does not let his staff do anything but answer the phones/appointments. He does everything else which is a complete mess! I you want to get better stay away from dr furmo!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr Fermo provides excellent care. As a Dual Diagnosis Alcoholic patient I feel confident that I am with the right doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
I try to schedule multiple appointments in one day so that I don't have to miss multiple days of work. I assumed my 8am appointment wouldn't interfere with my 10am appointment, especially if I showed up at 7:30. Wrong. I waited 30 minutes in the General waiting room before waiting another 30 in his office to be seen. I understand other patients have appointments before me, but if they show up after me there should be some kind of scheduling switch. And the receptionists are emotionless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Called a week ago and no call back for appointment. He was recommended by another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr. Fermo is a such a great psychiatrist. He has helped me out tremendously. I really love his office atmosphere as it is very relaxing. Would recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
He doesn't answer phone calls even when it's urgent....Luckily I got in contact with my pharmacist to see if me staying awake for almost 48 hours on the new medication and he told me how to go off it safely. I got a call 2 weeks after I called mulitple times. He also prescribed me a medication the pharmacy said interacted with another medication. I asked him & he said that there were no interactions...looked it up and everything says the two meds do have negative effects when combined
compassionate psychiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Worst run business in town. Has 3 assistants and still can not run a Biz. Very good doc but every time I know I'm going to see him it is a dreaded day , all day wait and never calls back. Stay away !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr. Fermo is very comfortable to talk to. I was being treated for depression and very heavy anxiety, so needless to say, i wasn't very forthcoming when i was asked questions. Dr Fermo was very patient and never made me feel rushed. I've been seeing him for over 6 years now, and i'm like night and day. My life is so much more than it was. I'm lucky i found Dr Fermo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
Dr.Fermo made me feel as though I am not alone, suffering from anxiety and depression. I always feel better after my visits with him. He is honest and attentive .I honestly don't know how I would get through this without him . I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs help with their own issues . I thank Him. Sincerely, Paula Elizabeth Schaefer
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?
I would not recommend this doctor. He is knowledgeable but does not return calls ...hopefully you don't use him if you have a serious situation.
There are situations when I may have a patient in...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Fermo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fermo?

Fermo Psychiatric Solutions, Inc