Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD

39 Reviews
Dr. Ayala

Tallahassee Neurological Clinic

1401 Centerville Rd Ste 600 Tallahassee, FL 32308

Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Tallahassee, FL. He specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

At a glance

• Practices at highly recommended hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Ayala accepts

Dr. Ayala accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
BlueDental Choice
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Open Access POS

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Ayala's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ayala's Top Procedures and Conditions

Developmental and Learning Disorders

Dr. Ayala treats Developmental and Learning Disorders more than 54% of his peers

Dr. Ayala treats this condition more than 54% of his peers

Dr. Ayala treats this condition more than 39% of his peers

Dr. Ayala's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Confusion
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Ayala's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Ayala?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Ayala?
Dr. Ayala's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD
First of all, I went Dr. Ayala because of his nuerology specialty. I was most disappointed to read the MRI report in which contines to assert that my presenting problem included "butning feet"--I corrected that error 2x in the inital appt. I am obese, but am diabestes free according to a glucose tolerance test by my rheumatologist. In a follow-up, he dictated a note that stated I complained of burning in my feet. when actually- I debilitating pain of the metatarsels instead. No follow up care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
Do not visit this doctor. He tried to give me an antidepressant without my knowledge. He didn’t tell me it was. I was reading the prescription when I got home and freaked out. I have switched neurologist and she and my primary physician agree that was a poor move and no medicine is needed for my condition
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
Dr. Ayala does a very good job of diagnosis. I found him to analyze a patient very carefully and prescribe the correct medication. He isn't easy to get to know but just trust his judgement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
Great, caring, kind, knowledgeable, professional doctor. I am lyme-disease free thanks to him & Dr. Philbert Ford & God/Jesus. He took care of me years ago but I never forget what they did for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
He Saved me from Chronic daily Migraines that shut my life down. Now I am Migraine free for 3 years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
Dr. Ayala and his nurse Bobbie are amazing. Having been fairly healthy all my life, I was quite apprehensive when referred to a specialist. From day one, Dr. Ayala and Bobbie showed genuine concern and respect, and made sure I was fully aware of the diagnosis and the treatment plan. It appears to be just normal procedure for both of them to go over and beyond the expectations of the common Dr. / patient relationship. This review is well deserved for both Dr. Ayala and his nurse Bobbie!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
Tallahassee neurological clinic has by far the least helpful and least friendly staff I have ever dealt with. It took them over two weeks after receiving my referral to tell me I was denied as a patient even after I called several times trying to schedule an appointment. Never before have I had a nurse yell at me over the phone because she was annoyed that I called back a day later. This staff has no desire to help sick people. Go to a different city for urgent neurological care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
He didn't trust me or listen to me. He ignored my wishes and prescribed a drug with common side effects which would have impaired my livelihood and did not bother discussing them with me. I did not feel at any point as though I was part of the process and in charge of my own treatment in any way. Treated me like a child. Ayala is an old-school doctor. He won't work with you. He dictates to you. He's rude and arrogant and does not respect your agency as a patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
Dr. Ayala led the team who took care of my daughter after suffering two tonic clonic seizures. She was under their care for 3-4 days while visiting me in Tallahassee. Dr. Ayala's team performed detailed CT scans, x-rays and MRI's and found the cause in a short period of time which was a tumor in her brain. His team worked wonderfully with my daughter and us and offered everything in terms of future plans for help before she went back to her home in another state. This team is very caring!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?
I have had to consult pediatric neurology with 2 of my 3 children. The first was just a consult and found to not be a neurological issue, however, the time, care and compassion that he took with my daughter and myself was above and beyond the call of duty. Even though we were sent to a different specialist for her care, I felt that Dr. Ayala would have done anything to assist me in her further care that he possibly could have. He cares deeply for his patients and is compassionate!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ricardo Ayala, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ayala?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ayala treats patients.

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average