Dr. Ricardo Alvarado, MD

Dr. Ricardo Alvarado, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Ricardo Alvarado, MD is an interventional pain medicine specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 53 years. He graduated from Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio in 2005 and specializes in interventional pain medicine, pain medicine, and more.

4100 E Piedras Dr Ste 165

San Antonio, TX 78228

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Alvarado

See how frequently Dr. Alvarado performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Chronic Pain

Dr. Alvarado's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Alvarado "Compassionate and Thorough"

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Acute Pain Medicine
  • Pain Medicine
  • Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

Dr. Alvarado does not have any board certifications listed.

• University of North Texas
  • Meml Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1963
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Alvarado has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Alvarado has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alvarado does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvarado and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alvarado's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alvarado to family and friends

Dr. Alvarado's Performance

Office staff is rude, immature, and unprofessional. They obviously don't care about first impressions.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I call to re schedule my apointment for my surgery and they never answer I left a message and never return call from them. so now I'm without my surgery and still with lots of pain on my back.I hope they don't do the same to other people.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Mr Del Bosque, I had my staff call you 5 times to reschedule that surgery and even in response to your voicemail. You never returned our calls and I actually wondered why you were not calling us back. I am happy to take care of you but need to make sure we can communicate to you in order to take care of you appropriately.

My experience with this doctor has been horrible. He performed several procedures to help ease my back pain, and now I'm in more pain than before. His office staff is unprofessional and in my opinion, they perform poorly. This doctor made several verbal commitments to me which he failed to carry...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

It's unfortunate and quite fitting that someone would hide behind the anonymous nature if this site and write such a review. I can assure you I do my best to provide a high level of customer service and patient care to all patients. The description in this review is unlikely to be accurate based on what I read because I don't make misrepresentations to patients.. ever. Therefore, if this were a legitimate issue a legit patient would have addressed it in person. Feel free to do so if you are.

He has a good bedside manner but does not maintain continuity of care and his office has been giving me the run around for 8 weeks now about a refund owed to me......just proceed with caution.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Maintaining continuity of care is exactly what we do and strive to do with every patient. That is a very broad statement and I would be happy to address it if you actually have a legitimate issue. As for refunds.. because of the nature of the insurance reimbursement world , a refund can't be issued until we are sure all claims have been processed and all appeals as well. We don't control that. We always refund patients at the time it is established all claims are final.

Dr is kind and easy to work with, knowledgable about wide range of treatment options. Nurses are kind, staff is on point. Appointments are always on time and it's easy to get in for urgent appointments. I trust this doctor and his staff very much. His methods have helped significantly more than...more