Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Rhoda Cobin, MD
Dr. Rhoda Cobin, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Ridgewood, NJ. She is 71 years old and has been practicing for 48 years. Dr. Cobin is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital and Valley Hospital.

Endocrinology

947 Linwood Ave Ste 1W

Ridgewood, NJ 07450

• EmblemHealth
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Cobin

Dr. Cobin's Experience

Dr. Cobin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Univ Of Pr Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1969

Dr. Cobin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cobin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cobin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cobin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cobin to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Cobin's Performance
    FAIR
    GOOD
    FAIR
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
Dr. Cobin is an excellent doctor. I am going to miss her very much. She was my doctor for almost 24 years. Now what do I do???
Waldwick, NJ |
I am 39 and was a patient of Dr. Cobin's for most of my life. She is wonderful. I am truly going to miss her! She is a fantastic doctor! And very personable. She diagnosed my mother, who had been living with thyroid disease for years but none of her doctors picked up on it till she brought me to one of my visits with Dr. Cobin. She kept all of my children's birth announcements. She always wanted to know about the whole person and not just the disease. I hope to find another doctor like her. :-)
in Pateron, NJ |
Dr. Cobin retired unexpectedly. She did little if anything to ensure her patients would be transitioned. I never even received a notice of retirement. Her office staff was always on the verge of being unprofessional but they took it to a new low when attempting to obtain medical records for a new doctor. At least a 30 day wait or I could pay $1.00 per page to obtain the records myself. Basically it seems like her patients are being bullied into using the new doctors in her office.
in Wayne, NJ |
Have been a patient of Dr. Cobin's for many years. I was very impressed at our first meeting. She invited me into her office and spent a lot of time taking my entire case history. She is extremely knowledgeable, not only about endocrinology, but about everything medical. She treats the whole person and I have always wished that she could be my primary doctor. Her bedside manner is great and I love the way she still takes her own written notes on your chart and remembers everything about you.
Wayne, NJ |
I have been a patient of hers for over 30 years. She is EXTREMELY knowledgeable, thorough and does not rush when she is with you. Yes her staff was the worst ever - but since she became part of Valley Physicians things have changed for the better. I would be devastated if she ever retired! I would gather that she is hard to reach because she is so busy - she has a huge following - all my friends and family that need an endocrinologist go to her!!
in Mahwah, NJ |
All I know is, she saved my life. She found a malignant lump that no one else did. I don't care if her staff is slow to call back, or I have to drive by to get my results - SHE.SAVED.MY.LIFE.
in EMWOOD PARK, NJ |
The new office staff has ruined this practice and reputation of Dr. Cobin. Is she getting her messages? There was never a problem in the past...I was also given a call back from the receptionist with the recommendations regartding my medications after test results--she was giving me names of drugs I wasn't even taking! She had the wrong chart in her hands!!!! I am out of here....
Fairfield, CT |
Dr Cobin is very knowledgable; however, she lacks follow-up. The office staff is rude and unreliable. Office hours are not flexible or convenient if you have a job. It is very difficult to schedule appointments and Dr Cobin does not respond to messages. It is very frustrating to deal with this office.
Ramsey, NJ |
Same as previous reviewer. I thought very highly of Dr Cobin after our meeting. However I haven't been able to connect with her THREE WEEKS after the test results came in. I have never heard anyone in my entire life having to wait so long to get a call back.
Waldwick, NJ |
I thought that Dr. Cobin was very kind and listened to my issues however she does not call back to tell her recommendations after test results are completed. I have called the office every day for 5 weeks and she does not return calls or maybe her staff is not diligent in giving her the messages.
in Clifton, NJ |
I have been Dr. Cobin's patient for a very long time. She is very knowledgeable, intelligent and thorough. I trust her experience and her medical expertise.
in Hillsdale, NJ |
Office staff never submitted claim to Medicare, primary, or United Health Care, secondary, for blood work sent to Lab Corp. back in November, 2015. Now Lab Corp wants $834.00 from us stating bill is over due. If Dr. Cobin's doesn't do anything about this matter will report her to Valley Hospital, which she is part of, and take her to small claims court.
in Rochelle Park, NJ |
She is a wonderful doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Rhoda Cobin, MD?
Are you Dr. Cobin?